[ICS] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Buffalo Soldier

Confirmed! Battery life is better IMO... About that in-call volume, I had some issues with it, then I figured it out. Turns out if there is a lot of noise in the background the volume will get higher, if its quiet the volume will be ok. I know this because when I was making a phone on a street in the evening, its was kinda quiet and the volume was normal, but as a car went by me the volume got much higher and then went back to normal after the car passed. So it's not a bud i guess...

As for the rom, it's great, I really like it, fast, responsive. If Daz fixes the mobile data eating the battery, i'd call it a final version...

M8, the volume is definitely too high, I've used other roms, like ShenDu, where it's normal, and this is the best way to see the difference.

Of course I always come back to CM, because it's so much better and faster and smoother... :D

I saw somewhere that Dazz doesn't have a SIM in his G300, so if he's not making calls with it, it makes sense that he's not aware of this problem.

Guest Buffalo Soldier

I never had the problem for the months that I used it as my phone.

I guess that it's not a general problem for everybody, and that it depends on your personal preference for audio levels.

Audio and video quality are very subjective categories, but I'm glad that I'm not the only one who has this problem with CM9.

Anyway Dazz, it's much better on CM10.1, so no worries m8! ;)

Guest vibracopilu

They seem to be solved. It's a bootloader issue and not a CM issue. Some people are testing it right now.

I know, I got restarts on all roms I tested until now, even with Paul's kernel...the manufacturers of Huawei are really dumb: they provided us with an open source of the rom&kernel but they didn't take in account bootloader issues...

Guest sizzla01

I'm very new to this and only stubbled across this site after my vodafone upgrade from GB to ICS was awful.

Anyway i followed the resources guide and successfully installed this custom rom - which is wicked...

The issue i have with the 2/2/13 update is that it just won't work via the OTA upgrade (upon rebooting it won't go beyond the HUAWEI screen)

Anyway i'm messing about with the 4.2 JB for now - but at some point would like to go back to this version until the JB is worked on abit more.

The other OTA updates will load (i.e the JB update im using now)...Any ideas ??

Edited by sizzla01

Hey dazzazo, I tried the new bootloader but I get the 'permission denied' error.

C:\b926-root-bl>root-windows.bat

C:\b926-root-bl>adb\adb-windows.exe push root\mempodroid /data/local/tmp

1260 KB/s (10324 bytes in 0.008s)

C:\b926-root-bl>adb\adb-windows.exe push root\su /data/local/tmp

1679 KB/s (22364 bytes in 0.013s)

C:\b926-root-bl>adb\adb-windows.exe push root\Superuser.apk /data/local/tmp

2437 KB/s (831313 bytes in 0.333s)

C:\b926-root-bl>adb\adb-windows.exe push root\args.sh /data/local/tmp

75 KB/s (386 bytes in 0.005s)

C:\b926-root-bl>adb\adb-windows.exe shell chmod 777 /data/local/tmp/mempodroid

C:\b926-root-bl>adb\adb-windows.exe shell chmod 777 /data/local/tmp/args.sh

C:\b926-root-bl>adb\adb-windows.exe shell /data/local/tmp/mempodroid 0xd524 0xab8f sh /data/local/tmp/args.sh

C:\b926-root-bl>bootloader-windows.bat

C:\b926-root-bl>adb\adb-windows.exe push bootloader\bootloader.img /data/local/tmp

3555 KB/s (4194304 bytes in 1.152s)

C:\b926-root-bl>adb\adb-windows.exe push bootloader\oemsbl.img /data/local/tmp

3589 KB/s (4194304 bytes in 1.141s)

C:\b926-root-bl>adb\adb-windows.exe shell su -c "dd if=/data/local/tmp/bootloader.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p9"

Permission denied

C:\b926-root-bl>adb\adb-windows.exe shell su -c "dd if=/data/local/tmp/oemsbl.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p14"

Permission denied

I rooted the G300 way back with the first semi-official ICS build. Since then, I've installed the newest CWM and enjoyed your CM10 and CM10.1 builds, upgrading OTA. For what it's worth, this is the splash screen of what I assume is the current bootloader: http://i.imgur.com/jwvqjcW.jpg

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, so any help/input is appreciated!

Edited by fiah84

Also getting Permission Denied with the new bootloader. I've got debugging enabled.

Edit :: I started a new thread about the bootloader as not to clog this one -

Edited by ACS10

Guest Dazzozo

Working for me.

b926-root-bl>adb\adb-windows.exe push bootloader\bootloader.img /data/local/tmp
2564 KB/s (4194304 bytes in 1.597s)

b926-root-bl>adb\adb-windows.exe push bootloader\oemsbl.img /data/local/tmp
4244 KB/s (4194304 bytes in 0.964s)

b926-root-bl>adb\adb-windows.exe shell su -c "dd if=/data/local/tmp/bootloader.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p9"
8192+0 records in
8192+0 records out
4194304 bytes transferred in 2.268 secs (1849340 bytes/sec)

b926-root-bl>adb\adb-windows.exe shell su -c "dd if=/data/local/tmp/oemsbl.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p14"
8192+0 records in
8192+0 records out
4194304 bytes transferred in 1.197 secs (3504013 bytes/sec)[/CODE]

Edit: if you're on CM, you need to allow root via adb shell. It's in developer options somewhere. In my defense I was on stock because I had to re-update.app when I bricked my device while hacking. :P

You don't need to run the root script, that's only there for rooting on stock.

Edit: if you're on CM, you need to allow root via adb shell. It's in developer options somewhere. In my defense I was on stock because I had to re-update.app when I bricked my device while hacking. :P

You don't need to run the root script, that's only there for rooting on stock.

Ah I see the option, 'Developer Options' => 'Root access' => 'Apps and ADB'. I'll try again.

edit: seems to have worked, no error message

Edited by fiah84

To update bootloader on Linux, I only need to start script:

bootloader-linux.sh

?

P.S. I'm on rooted stock B952 with unlocked bootloader and CWM 6.0.2.7 installed...

Edited by Pyntux

Ah I see the option, 'Developer Options' => 'Root access' => 'Apps and ADB'. I'll try again.

edit: seems to have worked, no error message

Cheers mate, that got it! I'd just flashed CM9 from fresh and forgotten to enable it... All sorted! Now to see how the new bootloader performs! :)

Guest Dazzozo

To update bootloader on Linux, I only need to start script:

bootloader-linux.sh

?

P.S. I'm on rooted stock B952 with unlocked bootloader and CWM 6.0.2.7 installed...

yep