[ICS] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest bladebuddy

Can someone help me out here. I was playing around with the Dev Tools apk , and the last thing I remember pressing was the water setting ( looks like a gallery pic) and nothing happened.( blank screen)

I returned to my home screen to find my menu button doesn't bring any settings up , if I long press on it I get the Google search option.

If it helps the launcher I am using is the recently published xperia z launcher " very good may I add".

Well if anyone can tell this stupid old fool , and could tell me what I have messed up I would be truly grateful , as I don't want to flash my nandroid as I have only just set this launcher up and it will take most of the night to redo ! over something that could be a stupid setting I have pressed.

Cheers J.

Guest bladebuddy
I updated to cm-9-20130202 and now google play wont work and my contacts have disappeared

any help much appreciated

Have you flashed the right gapps ICS ones. On the first page. Also try wiping the data in settings/apps/ all

Google play.

Also make sure its a clean install full wipes.

Google play definitely works o.k J

Guest urmet77

For me, battery life was better on R5. Wifi always on.

Jeah maybe but video rendering in firefox or stock browser if u watch videos in like putlocker or shockshare is bad real bad but since r7 its good with the newest flash player but on cm10.1 putlocker with adobeflash nothing but huge lag and grey screen but i know it works on jb 4.2 coz my my tablet has cm10.1 and adobeflash works with videos

Guest urmet77

How stable is this rom now, with the latest release ? battery life, in call volume, caller id lag , camera, general lag ? :)

stable as one rom can be battery life is as u can see abow, in call volume its fine normal loud,no caller id lag ,camera is fixed for 3party apks useing camera ics+ its good and for the general lag use smartassv2 @320-1228mhz or there was kernel for cm9 with new governor lagfree try that

Guest Feahnor

How stable is this rom now, with the latest release ? battery life, in call volume, caller id lag , camera, general lag ? :)

It's really good if you can put up with it having corrupt graphics several times per day.

Ok, I used R8 since it came out and thought I should report back. I'll start by saying that this is the fastest ics rom I've used (not sure about gb). Smooth, fast, works with no bugs. I don't think I got the corrupt text once so idk what's with people saying they get it more that once a day(also restarting the app or the launcher fixed it on r3). I think the only downside is the battery life. It may be ok but wifi just destroys the battery which I hate. I also had a problem since R3, my phone would sometimes freeze when I turn on wifi, got it 3 or 4 times on R3 which I used for a while(~2 months?). I gradually stopped turning wifi off and it was no problem for me since it had almost no impact on battery life. Now on R8 and cant keep wifi on and have to toggle it frequently, sadly my phone froze when I turned on wifi the other day. It worked fine after a reboot as usually. Dunno if it's me and my phone or the rom 'cus I didn't have this problem before cm9.

Guest urmet77

My phone was on wihout restart for 196h and havent got any text corruption. about wifi draining battery check the screenshots and if wifi is draining go wifi settings press menu then advanced settings and from there choose turn wifi off when sleeping or something like that :rolleyes:

Guest DeadDarkMind

Hi, I'm using R8 (fresh installation and first one after root) for about 1 week. For now i just have some "bugs" (things that didn't happened with the latest original rom update):

- My gps doesn't connects correctly never. I went for my weekly cycling and i use the app Endomondo. I was outside, cycling for about 1:30h and it connected the gps 3 or 4 times for about 30 seconds each. I've tried other apps like RunKeeper and the result is the same. It searches for the signal (signal indicator blinking) and when it says connected in the app the indicator disappear When I change the app page and then come back again to the page where the app searches for gps signal, the search starts again because there was never a true connection to the signal. the only way It works is if I open Google Navigation first. The connection made by the Navigation app stays connected and after that the other apps can connect correctly to.

- Sometimes the font appears all blurred and with strage characters.

- The sound when calling changes speaker volume drastically and changes the general output volume with it. When i'm listening to music from the headphones, the sound after the call ends it's much lower.

Other than that it's a great Rom, smooth, fast and doesn't seems to ask for extra battery. I hope this problems that i have can be fixed. If it's something that i'm doing wrong or that i can fixe please tell me how :)

Thank's for your work, I'll be here testing all updates from now on and leaving some feedback from Portugal users :D

Just got the G300 as a backup phone (free, with a minimal contract).

I went directly from the stock ICS to this rom.

First time using Play Store, it had serious text corruption on the screen. Unreadable.

I'll report more if I keep using this rom. But that is a pretty serious bug. ;-)

Thanks for the development.

Guest Dazzozo

Network Name Fix?

Well funny you should say that. I believe I may have done so. Injecting the attached file into /system/etc and rebooting appears to solve to issue for me.

http://mhisani.no-ip.org:5000/~mhisani/cm9netnames/spn-conf.xml

Screenshot_2013-02-08-15-19-06.png

That's not a fix, that's a workaround. The RIL is meant to acquire the SPN name itself.

I guess it works for now.