[ICS] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest makayk

Answers in original post.

Some apps "frozed"? Do you mean stop working, right?

Yepp

Did you install GAPPS?

Yepp. Step 4 "Google app"

Why do you install Link2SD? It is unnecessary app, dont see any point of using it, when STOCK and CM ROMs both could use msd as primary memory

Answer see bellow

What version of TB u use?

Latest version: 6.0.5.1 Pro (licensed)

Some apps could have bad backup files, try to recover them from TB with data and if it doesnt help, delete them, download and install from GP (market) and recover only their data.

Faster if I restore the apps. I don't need clicking on my computer or via phone in market app.

Restoring market links? WTF?! That is absolutly useless. Your device is registered to your account and any app you download direct from GP is linked to your account (email). So you can only recover them via TB or only install from unofficial source...

I checked TB and an apps have a lot of status. The system recognized the apps as "restored" apps. I don't know what make TB in the background, but it is relinking the apps..... and everything working perfectly, I receive the new versions from Play. (I have ~150 apps on my phone)

I have some app from unofficial source but these apps are for special usage (eg.: Droidsheep, K9Mail etc.)

Restoring Android ID - ok, should be the next problem of it, but should prevent those troubles... Did it only once, since that time restoring and flashing many times without "restoring" or "changing" Android ID...

Sometimes easier and you don't need to wait till your reinstalled phone appear in Play :)

I think that the main thing which damage some of your apps is STEP 7 - Configuring that link2sd. 2GB storage you can use for backups or anything or only as a "usb flash disc" only...

OK, you are using as USB drive. I am using as app storage. With this solution I have 2,7GB internal storage + microSD. I have some app which is running only from "internal" storage, I cannot move to SD. I think it depends on end user. This feature is useful for me :D

Edited by makayk

Guest Fukoh

I tried the upgrade but some app frozed after this process.

My steps:

1. create backup with Titanium Backup (backup all app and all data)

2. restart phone and start recovery menu

3. factory reset

4. install new firmware, Google app and Link2SD

5. set up Wifi/3G, login with your Google account

6. Install Titanium from Play Market (and nothing else)

7. Configure Link2SD to automatically create links for apps (you can use the 2GB storage too)

8. restore backup with Titanium: restore all application and their data

9. restore Market links with Titanium: Market Doctor

10. restore Android ID with Titanium (optional)

Thanks, it would be pretty usefull to have this steps in the first post :D

Guest predragiPredrag

You have to set vibration for notification, in my phone it works well.

I have selected vibration in messages settings, did I missed something?

Guest BrotherII

Guys, this is CLEAR CM compiled from source. Dazzozo won't add other features.

2-way call recording - it's kernel capabilities. It does not depend on the firmware. Dazzozo can make changes to the kernel?

Edited by BrotherII

Guest penthaler

Latest nightly still shows me at each startup "refreshing apps, android is updating" sign.

Didnt do wipe all after updating cm... Never needed to before. Only difference is that last nightly I installed directly via cwm (after downloading from PC), because I cannot use WIFI (built in CM Updater).

At first start it "update android, and refresh" only installed apps (around 40), after that I try to wipe cache, dalvik cache, (not wipe all - factory reset), and next "update and refresh" sign tells me, that refreshing all apps (around 110)... but still the that sign appears after each phone start / restart...

Three versions of CM before was installed directly from cm updater and no such a trouble...

Guest dalyer

Latest nightly still shows me at each startup "refreshing apps, android is updating" sign.

Isn't that the message you get when the Dalvik cache has been cleared and the ROM has to rebuilt it at boot time?

Guest kyan31
Daz, in the next cm9 build, could you please add the hardware key remap feature from cm10?

2-way call recording - it's kernel capabilities. It does not depend on the firmware. Dazzozo can make changes to the kernel?

It could be added, but Dazzozo is keeping to a strict build of CM. He doesn't want any 3rd party addons or unsupported features. Its just raw CyanogenMod and nothing else.

If you want these features added, contact the CyanogenMod team. Dazzozo is not part of the team, he is the guy that actually gets it working on the devices he chooses e.g. the G300.

Guest kyan31
Add this feature(2-way call recording) is very difficult? Can I do it by myself? If I can so what I need to do it?

You need to patch the kernel.

Guest CoSmEeN

Just installed this rom last night and File manager from Huawei won't show me my internal 2gb anymore. Is it supposed to be this way? On PC it pops up but no folder/file in there.

Guest Smiff2

there's nothing in the "issues" post.

how's everyone mobile network connections? (specifically for 02/giffgaff uk if possible).

how is it for making phone calls? (volume, voice quality etc.?)

how's the latest nightlies vs the last "stable" build here?

edit: not sure there is a "stable", so can someone recommend a good build please? for stability, not worried about OC features and such.

Edited by Smiff2

• 2 weeks later...
Guest HappyCerberus

I'm wondering, do I have to do a full wipe when downgrading from 10.1 to this version? I now need to use this phone as my main, and the 10.1 is to buggy for that.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest joandrade

Hello,

A quick question: this ROM still have updates?

Thanks

Yes, it's going to start getting a build every month, as weekly builds are unnecessary. 4.1 will also transition to monthly builds and 4.2 to weeklies once 4.3 rolls out.