[ICS] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest thirdian

Hi guys! I have g300 one year and it is my first smartphone.I am already an Android fan from the first time that I started to play with it.
I've already rooted the phone and I'm running cm-9-20131001-NIGHTLY-u8815.

It has some bugs like : -the default storage changes when I reboot.It is not a problem

-the text sometimes gets crappy but it's not a problem at all  

-Yesterday I couldn't be heard by the others when I was in conversation. Solved by reboot,I hope it will not continue to do this

Anyway, I'm very newbie to make big experiments so I decided to stay at this ROM and I didn't go for 10.2

I just wanted to ask the more expert what difference has this version cm-9-20131201-NIGHTLY-u8815.zip from mine. Nothing? They are at the same size as a zip. this means it is the same or it has solved any bug that was at the earlier?

Sorry for the long words and my bad english and Thnx! :)

Hi guys! I have g300 one year and it is my first smartphone.I am already an Android fan from the first time that I started to play with it.

I've already rooted the phone and I'm running cm-9-20131001-NIGHTLY-u8815.

It has some bugs like : -the default storage changes when I reboot.It is not a problem

-the text sometimes gets crappy but it's not a problem at all  

-Yesterday I couldn't be heard by the others when I was in conversation. Solved by reboot,I hope it will not continue to do this

Anyway, I'm very newbie to make big experiments so I decided to stay at this ROM and I didn't go for 10.2

I just wanted to ask the more expert what difference has this version cm-9-20131201-NIGHTLY-u8815.zip from mine. Nothing? They are at the same size as a zip. this means it is the same or it has solved any bug that was at the earlier?

Sorry for the long words and my bad english and Thnx! :)

CM 9.1 has a few minor bugs which IMHO won't be addressed and you have to live with them. In case you want to use your G300, and not experiment, then go for GB / CM7 based ROMS and feel the speed.

Guest thirdian

Thnx for the answers guys!
I don't think I could go back and see g300 with GB. I did the update the first day I bought it so it feels like I 've put the ICS skin upon me forever.
So you say that the best use of this phone is GB? Hmmm... The best use of something comes first, we all know that. I'll check around..But as I say, it's difficult to change now :P

Thank you again!  :)

You can get some of the ICS feel on GB with Holo Launcher and a few other tweaks.

My experience is that GB is much more stable and responsive on G300 than other ROMs but then I haven't tried all ROMs and kept up to date with them...

Thnx for the answers guys!

I don't think I could go back and see g300 with GB. I did the update the first day I bought it so it feels like I 've put the ICS skin upon me forever.

So you say that the best use of this phone is GB? Hmmm... The best use of something comes first, we all know that. I'll check around..But as I say, it's difficult to change now :P

Thank you again!   :)

If you want to stay out of GB then for starters you can check Bidz JB tweaked http://www.modaco.com/topic/365897-flashable-zip-for-all-roms-full-gpu-acceleration-buildprop-mods-sqlite-and-zipalign-script-and-cm10-dazzozo-and-fagulhas-polished-by-me/ which is quite fast and battery friendly. 

Guest doveman

I'm on Stock+ at the moment. If I use Titanium Backup and "Backup all user apps + system data" will that include user data? Will I then be able to use "Restore missing apps + all system data" after flashing CM7 or another ROM and have everything back as it was, including my launcher (Apex) and the icon layouts?

I'm also using "Link2INT" (or maybe Link2SD, I honestly can't remember or tell as the icon for both shows Link2SD as I recall, so is there a way to check which is being used?), so will Titanium restore the links as well? If not, how would I restore them, other than re-installing each app to the default location and then linking them again which I obviously don't want to have to do?

Guest bidzapfc

Apex doesnt work on gb

I'm on Stock+ at the moment. If I use Titanium Backup and "Backup all user apps + system data" will that include user data? Will I then be able to use "Restore missing apps + all system data" after flashing CM7 or another ROM and have everything back as it was, including my launcher (Apex) and the icon layouts?

I'm also using "Link2INT" (or maybe Link2SD, I honestly can't remember or tell as the icon for both shows Link2SD as I recall, so is there a way to check which is being used?), so will Titanium restore the links as well? If not, how would I restore them, other than re-installing each app to the default location and then linking them again which I obviously don't want to have to do?

Apex doesnt work on gb, sorry

Guest doveman

Hmm, maybe I won't switch to GB then ;)  I rather like Apex, although I probably don't use half it's features and may well find another GB-compatible launcher that has all the features I actually need/use.

More of an issue would be having to add all the icons to the screens manually again, which is quite tedious, although some launchers let you import from others, so if Nova, which I used before Apex, works on GB that might be an option as that can import.

Another concern would be finding that some of my apps just don't work on GB, which is probably the case. I'll probably still try GB though, once I'm sure I know how to backup and restore everything properly, as it should be easy enough to switch back if I find it unsuitable. I think a lot of my problems come from running low on RAM though and I believe that ICS is meant to have better memory management than GB, so switching might not help me at all.

Guest bidzapfc

Nova also works only on 4.x.

As for ram management, ics apk have bigger memory footprint than gb ones. It mainly comes because of extensive options in ics and latter. take google search for example. Google search in ics+ has 29mb apk size. It has google now and stuff like that built in. And gb google search has 3mb and it is a simple search engine.

Guest doveman

Hmm, sounds like I might struggle to find a launcher I like for GB then. I'll probably still try it when I get a chance and if the performance is much better (and I can still use the apps I want/need) then I'll have to think about settling for a different launcher that doesn't do everything I want.

Edited by doveman

Guest predragiPredrag

Hmm, sounds like I might struggle to find a launcher I like for GB then. I'll probably still try it when I get a chance and if the performance is much better (and I can still use the apps I want/need) then I'll have to think about settling for a different launcher that doesn't do everything I want.

This is best ICS like launcher for GB. It even has kit kat looks in last update :)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobint.hololauncher

Hi all,

I have been using CM 9.1 for quite some times with no issues at all. I recently lost the phone for some days which ran totally out of battery. Tried to load it from computer and adapter with no luck... After some readings I understood that Li-Ion could die if below a certain voltage for some time and so decided to buy a new battery. Unfortunately that did not help since the phone does not recharge either. It is no even trying to boot, just remains totally black... Tried to boot to recovery with no sucess either...

Just wanted to check if anybody had a solution/workaround before it sent it to repair.

Thanks for any feedback

Guest bidzapfc

Sounds like it died. Send it to repair if you get no screen at all.

If it completely died like hynix deaths, they will not be able to dissmiss your warranty

Edited by bidzapfc

Guest releaser

Hi guys

I need to know if i can flash this ROM on top of cm10.1 JB PAC MAN 4.2.2?

The one i have no has 80%+ RAM usage which lets my iPhone very slow.

Do i need to change recovery or can i use the one used to flash my actual ROM?

Can you guys please help me with the processo?

Thanks in advance

Hi guys

I used this ROM for a few weeks and it worked flawlessly! Then I decided to give a shot to CM10.2 but found it laggy and flawed. Tonight I decided to return to this ROM but I'm having a problem... I did everything by the book, I even did full wipes before and after flashing, but no matter what I do I can't move apps to the SD card. I can see it, I can move files in and out of it, the photos go directly there, everything looks fine... except for the fact that every APP fails being moved to the SD card...

Any suggestions?

Guest bidzapfc

Hi guys

I need to know if i can flash this ROM on top of cm10.1 JB PAC MAN 4.2.2?

The one i have no has 80%+ RAM usage which lets my iPhone very slow.

Do i need to change recovery or can i use the one used to flash my actual ROM?

Can you guys please help me with the processo?

Thanks in advance

You can use your current one. Just do full wipes

Hi guys

I used this ROM for a few weeks and it worked flawlessly! Then I decided to give a shot to CM10.2 but found it laggy and flawed. Tonight I decided to return to this ROM but I'm having a problem... I did everything by the book, I even did full wipes before and after flashing, but no matter what I do I can't move apps to the SD card. I can see it, I can move files in and out of it, the photos go directly there, everything looks fine... except for the fact that every APP fails being moved to the SD card...

Any suggestions?

Backup and format your sd card

Backup and format your sd card

Don't know why, but I only have the option to unmount the sd card, not to format it... so, I used CWM to format it but it didn't solve the problem. I tried using Apps2SD and other apps but I always get a message saying that it's not possible to move the app. The sd card is working fine, I've taken photos directly to it, I've copied mp3 to it and listened without any problem.

What's really cracking my head is that I already used this ROM and I didn't get this problem...

Guest bidzapfc

Believe me... Same thing happened to me. It sd card. Format it in linux, its better. If you boot in linux you will see that permissions for your folders are messed up (everything will have lock on it). Its just waiting to become a dissaster