[MOD] [CM9] Support for PDroid in CyanogenMod 9 for the G300

Guest unaszplodrmann

Guest unaszplodrmann

Stupid question but... What is Pdroid? :P

Never mind, I just looked at it on their play store.

Its basically a privacy layer between the OS and apps... A bit like how most humans naturally develop basic inhibitions that prevent us from externalising every thought that pops into ones head.

Edited by unaszplodrmann

A bit like how most humans naturally develop basic inhibitions that prevent us from externalising every little thought that pops into ones head.

That is the best description of how the app works... ever. ;)

Guest psionandy

So... back to the topic of Pdroid... after I've installed the patch in the first post (thanks for that) on my cm9 r3 setup... is P-droid easy to use for someone who hasn't used it before? or is there a bunch of background info/reading required? (and if so a point in the right direction would be really appreciated)...

Guest unaszplodrmann

Yes, it is easy to use and the app is pretty much self-explanatory once you see the options it provides. The means of deployment are less accessible than the application is in use, but the .zips are there to remove that obstacle.

Guest wouterbeer

I've a small bug that comes with this script; it'll need a little introduction though :P

With CM9 R1 came a little bug: the name of the network provider (in my case t-mobile) was not displayed correctly. This was fixed in CM9 R2. After this update I flashed both Link2Int and Pdroid, and it was back. Since it is a minor issue I didn't care to find out which of the two scripts caused it. After updating to CM9 R3, it was again fixed. After flashing Link2Int this didn't came back... By now you'll know where I'm going; after flashing the latest pdroid version it was back.

I do not suffer from it but was just wondering whether this can be easily fixed (in a next release)?

Edited by wouterbeer

Guest unaszplodrmann

Errrrrm.

Yep, the name of the carrier and the brand differs in my case too and was thus incorrectly displayed in R1. I'm unable to replicate a regression using R3...

Edit: On second thoughts, it actually sounds like you've applied the red.zip for R1 to R3. I'll add the revision number to the file names in future, to reduce the likelihood that someone will do that.

Edited by unaszplodrmann

Guest wouterbeer

Hm. Not sure if you get me right. Sorry if I use wrong terms for carrier/networks, dunno the right names for it in English.

My current carrier is Ben, which makes use of the T-Mobile network here in the Netherlands. Now in the added screenshot you can see it displays TMO NL; which I guess refers to t-mobile.

But it should be displayed as "Ben NL", and so it did after installing CM9 R3. Then I installed your pdroid script and now "Ben NL" changed to TMO NL, as can be seen in the added screenshot.

In reaction to your edit: I think I used the right script, just downloaded and flashed it this morning..

post-986471-0-94061800-1353847133_thumb.

Edited by wouterbeer

Guest hippy dave

I've got the same thing actually, tho hadn't realised it was because of this script.

I think the bbcode in the first post is the problem, the displayed link says red.zip but I clicked it and got update.zip -is that the older version?

Edit: actually for future versions please would you consider putting the revision number in the filename? :-)

Edited by hippy dave

Guest hippy dave

until the first post gets fixed, here's the working links for cm9 r3, flashing either of these will fix the network name (just tested).

to install the patch:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4942645/pdroid-g300-cm9/red.zip

to remove the patch:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4942645/pdroid-g300-cm9/blue.zip

these are just for r3 of cm9, don't flash them on any other version!

Guest unaszplodrmann

I get to keep my correct network name too this time, nice job.

And the rest... :o

You're getting good at this. ;)

Why thank you, uncle Cyda :P One of these days, I may just master BB code. :rolleyes: