Something interesting i came across about imei and yoigo b955 offical stock

Guest Aradalienz

Guest Aradalienz

As we all know if you do the imei hack you have to redo your imei after every custom rom installed,

Yesterday i installed official yoigo b944 and redid my imei with DFS cdma i have installed 3 different

roms since then and my imei hasn changed its become permanent again, it worked for me maybe it

will work for you <_<

Can a mod change the title to b944 thx

Edited by Aradalienz

hmh i have never bothered with imei.. :P

oh yes,i made backup of it when i was rooting my device for the first time,i was following one of the guides (hope i wont have to bless gods for this in the future :D)

since that time,i flashed infusion(many versions),stock+,cm9,cm10 and i maybe have forgotten sth, but never had to do anything with imei...

imo this thing is useful when you change base(i was used to call it radio),between gb/ics(jb) respectively...

just my experience and opinion..sure, can be wrong ;)

edit:i forgot mension last thing, even after running force update with stock 934 ics (i wanted to enable logcat, what i didnt know it was needed :D) there was no need for me to do anything with imei..

Edited by j4r0l

Guest MrPuddington
My imei stays when flashing different custom rom. I used IMEI hack to unlock.

Of course it dose, because custom ROMs do not affect the radio (or baseband) firmware. But flashing an official ROM - that is the big question. As far as I understand, all full updates rewrite the radio firmware.