[RECOVERY] [CWM] ClockworkMod Recovery v6.0.4.5 [CM] [Last updated: 21/12]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest tcpaulh

just a little question.

Why there is no more the Option for wipe battery stats ?`(Like on 5.X.X.X)

Because it didn't do anything useful, ever. It was completely and utterly pointless.

Guest unaszplodrmann

Thanks for continually refining this, Fagulhas.

Feature request: dd mmcblk0 to sd card for douchebags like me ;)

Edited by unaszplodrmann

Guest ALiiSTAiR

This may seem like a stupid question but is the backup produced by this a Nandroid backup? I keep seeing that I should make one and this is the only place I've seen a backup feature.

No such thing as a stupid question... :)

Yes - CWM backup IS a Nandroid backup. However in case it matters backups created with one version of CWM may not be compatible with another - CWM5 (and earlier) versus CWM6 I think?

Also in case it helps the Online Nandroid Backup app is another way to do a backup without having to reboot into recovery.

Hope this helps

Guest apopberz

might be worth mentioning on the first post that this can just be flashed within an existing version of CWM (ie. the common 4.0.1.5) because a few people seem to be asking.

Guest mr_mufy

Hi.

Fagulhas does this mod Touch Hybrid restore all the data from the EMMC?

I have trayed several times without any success.

I it works can u give a tip?

What can I do if I get a "Error restoring data" while restoring a backup? I was on R7 and I moved to CM10, I made a backup just before I did it. After an hour or so I wanted to go back to CM9 but while I was restoring I got an error while the data was restoring. Luckily I had a backup of R3 from last week so I restored that without errors. It wouldn't be that much of a problem but I made a few awesome skins in UCCW and I didn't extract, I just saved. If I could at least extract those somehow that would be great!

I think it stops when it restores "system@[email protected]@classes.dex"

I can remember now that between the 2 backups i installed gmail, maybe that has something to do with it?

Edited by SterLu

Where does cwm save it's log?

I got the md5 error on restore, and the log said something about failing to find external_SD

I've seen the md5 error reported twice in this thread with no response. Any ideas?

may I use the TOUCH HYBRID or "standart" CM ? are they the same and the one is "classic" and the second one is just "touch" ? is there other difference ? thank you

It's not an app as such. ClockworkMod is a custom recovery utility. There is lots of info available about it on the web - e.g.:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki/ClockworkMod_Recovery

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1587607

There are also several tutorials on how to install it usually as part of the process of unlocking the bootloader, rooting and installing a custom recovery. E.g.:

http://huaweig300.com/huawei-g300-install-a-custom-jelly-bean-ics-rom-from-scratch/re-root-unlock-bootloader-install-clockworkmod-recovery/

Hope this helps.

may I use the TOUCH HYBRID or "standart" CM ? are they the same and the one is "classic" and the second one is just "touch" ? is there other difference ? thank you

I've tried them both and as far as I recall they have the same capabilities just that the touch one allows the touchscreen to be used to control it rather than just the power/vol buttons.

Why does Clockwork ROM Manager not recognize this recovery image as a legitimate CWM Recovery? After flashing this recovery, installing a new rom (CM9), and then installing CW ROM Manager, the ROM Manager Recovery Setup gives an error message:

"You must have the ClockworkMod Recovery installed to flash and restre ROMs!"

But obviously I do have this CWM Recovery installed.

Thanks for the help.

Edit: Ok, I found my own answer. After clicking on "Recovery Setup", I worked my way through the menus until I was able to just pick the CWM Recovery I already had installed:

Recovery Setup

RECOVERY ALREADY INSTALLED/ClockworkMod Recovery

UNSUPPORTED DEVICE/Device Not Listed Above

Confirm Version/ClockworkMod 3.x+

Edited by twrock

Guest hippy dave

I'm getting MD5 mismatch when I try to restore a backup. It's happened with two different backups now, and left me a bit stuck.

The backups were made with the same current 6.0.2.7 as I'm trying to restore them with.

Guest tcpaulh

I'm getting MD5 mismatch when I try to restore a backup. It's happened with two different backups now, and left me a bit stuck.

The backups were made with the same current 6.0.2.7 as I'm trying to restore them with.

Did you rename them?