[ ROM ] JoyOS 1.2.4 Port - CM 7.2 Based 2.3 ROM Architecture

Guest Domica

Guest nattysinister

Thank you for posting your testing results.

I am more then happy to test new roms as long as i have a Pulse- (the phone not real one) and as long as someone like yourself is willing to help the community. I wish i could do more then just testing but i don't really have that much knowledge.

As far as testing goes i was really fed up of the battery thing and just had to move on. And i moved on or rather i downgraded. I installed JOYos 1.2.2 posted by you and was shocked to see the Iphon-i-ness in that rom. I mean the Lockscreen, Call screen, Settings, And specially the LAUNCHER was just so much identical to the apple's marvel phone.

So what happened with 1.2.4? Nothing related to iphone. It has Holo launcher, Android's call screen and much boring stuff. Hence i wanted to know something- I am skeptical if this is the right place to ask or shall i post this on Joyos 1.2.2's page but anyways-

1. Given the battery backup you are saying you got on those settings in 1.2.4 is there a way of making it look identical to 1.2.2?

If not possible-

2. Could you please tell me how to get 1.2.4's startup screen in 1.2.2 ,i.e, the apple's logo and loading icon below?

Guest nattysinister

I hate my Mulse when it looks like an iphone :wacko:

I hate it when it lags so if has to look like an I-phone(not that bad actually ) to work flawlessly i would go for it!!!

Otherwise I too am in support of android's look but couldn't find any other rom as good as this one.

I am more then happy to test new roms as long as i have a Pulse- (the phone not real one) and as long as someone like yourself is willing to help the community. I wish i could do more then just testing but i don't really have that much knowledge.

As far as testing goes i was really fed up of the battery thing and just had to move on. And i moved on or rather i downgraded. I installed JOYos 1.2.2 posted by you and was shocked to see the Iphon-i-ness in that rom. I mean the Lockscreen, Call screen, Settings, And specially the LAUNCHER was just so much identical to the apple's marvel phone.

So what happened with 1.2.4? Nothing related to iphone. It has Holo launcher, Android's call screen and much boring stuff. Hence i wanted to know something- I am skeptical if this is the right place to ask or shall i post this on Joyos 1.2.2's page but anyways-

1. Given the battery backup you are saying you got on those settings in 1.2.4 is there a way of making it look identical to 1.2.2?

If not possible-

2. Could you please tell me how to get 1.2.4's startup screen in 1.2.2 ,i.e, the apple's logo and loading icon below?

Sorry, not a big iPhone fan... If there are interested users I could sum up a more iPhoenish update for flashing which will remove some more Android like apps and add exDialer as default dialer (JoyOS dialer not ready yet) and change framework to more iPhone colors.

I will see if there is enough interested users and add that update, please reply.

Guest nattysinister

Well i am bored(a bit) of iphone too but this rom is by far the fastest imo and i guess that is because of the Joy launcher. I have tried other launchers on this rom namely ESPIER and ADW launcher and found each launcher to be good and snappy but Joy launcher force closes lesser number of times and is responsive all the times(may lag a couple of times but wont force close or stall). And if a Rom is based on Iphone then let it be based on it in every possible manner.

Anyways I dont think there are enough Pulse users left :( leave aside using this rom.

You must keep up the good work though.

:)

Also any good replacement for gallery and video apps in 1.2.2?

Guest kAIOSHIN

unzip v0.1 and 0.2....past boot.img from v0.2 in v0.1 ...zip it and flash ...it should be good....

I tried to do that, but this happens:

Finding update package...

Opening update package...

Installing update...

Installation aborted

Guest nattysinister

I tried to do that, but this happens:

Finding update package...

Opening update package...

Installing update...

Installation aborted

You must have done it wrong then.

Extract the zip v0.1 and v0.2 files and replace only the boot.img file in v0.1 from v0.2. Do not replace the other files i.e. the meta-inf folder. Then use 7-zip to compress(which is best imo) these files back to zip. Remember to select the 3 files i.e. meta-inf folder,replaced boot.img file and system folder and add them to zip and not add the folder you extracted them to zip.

Just remember to select the files and add them to zip.

Well i am bored(a bit) of iphone too but this rom is by far the fastest imo and i guess that is because of the Joy launcher. I have tried other launchers on this rom namely ESPIER and ADW launcher and found each launcher to be good and snappy but Joy launcher force closes lesser number of times and is responsive all the times(may lag a couple of times but wont force close or stall). And if a Rom is based on Iphone then let it be based on it in every possible manner.

Anyways I dont think there are enough Pulse users left :( leave aside using this rom.

You must keep up the good work though.

:)

Also any good replacement for gallery and video apps in 1.2.2?

Sorry for not responding earlier (all up in ICS testing... :P )

For gallery you can use - Ultra Gallery (modern fast look) and for video - Video Player (android code monkey) with ICS look, for iPhoneish look - HD Video player (turlerun)

For other formats (AVI, DIVX,...) take your pick from the market (personally MX, Mobo and QQPlayer always were OK on Pulse)...

Guest nattysinister

No problem; Just keep on bringing new things :P - who would mind ICS on their phones ;). By the way i have replaced this ROM with some other and pretty soon(as soon as i get fast internet) i am going to install the ROM 6.1 in your signature. Looks good in the pictures.

Guest nattysinister

Sorry for not responding earlier (all up in ICS testing... :P )

No problem; Just keep on bringing new things :P - who would mind ICS on their phones ;). By the way i have replaced this ROM with some other and pretty soon(as soon as i get fast internet) i am going to install the ROM 6.1 in your signature. Looks good in the pictures.

• 3 weeks later...