Network Error On U.S. San Diego

Guest otter

Guys:

I have found this to be the best forum out there for the OSD. I have a problem with mine. I am upgraded to ICS 4.0 (Xolo). I have it unlocked. BUT I am in the US. When I put in a SIM (ATT or T-Mobile) I connect to the network for a short period (5 min) then I get kicked off. The message I get when I go into setting and scan for networks is "error connecting to network" As well (at times, my IMEI goes to "unavailable".

Strangley, the phone will not let me save a new Access Point name etc?

Any ideas?

Thanks for the tips. But nothing. I have factory reset it, and dialed #*#*4636*#*. neither work. Dialing #*#*4636*#*# just get's me "network not available.

Should I try flashing back to Orange GB? Is that possible?

An update. I have reflshed the device with the Xolo ICS update (I cannot get the Orange ICS update to install). The phone seems to INCONSISTENTLY see network AP. But mostly not.

When it can'rt see the network, it dos not even identify it's IMEI # when you look for it under settings.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

One other question on this. I cannot seem to get the Orange ICS update to install. I am using the install tool downloaded here. Has anyone had success downloading the Orange ICS update (not Xolo)?

Guest BlueMoonRising

One other question on this. I cannot seem to get the Orange ICS update to install. I am using the install tool downloaded here. Has anyone had success downloading the Orange ICS update (not Xolo)?

If you mean via the tool on here then yes, I've gone from Orange GB to Xolo ICS(official update) back to Orange ICS via the tool and then back to Xolo(again via the tool).

Yes. The tool on this site. I just can't get the Orange ICS update to load. It always fails. I have the Intel USB drivers working and the "unbrick" and root part of the tool works, but not the Orange ICS update. Did you do anything differen for that load?

Guest rickywyatt

you will need to run the setup and download the orange gingerbread dump one sone make sure you have it extracted it c:/sandiego/system then use the aio tool to upgrade to orange ics

also you say your imei number is missing are you trying *#06# ?

Thanks for the great comments. I appreciate it. Sorry to be sucha NOOB, but I can't figure out how to get the extracted GB dump from the tool onto the phone.... There's no menu item for that in the tool?

As for the other question, after I am dropped from the network, when I type *#06#, IMEI will come up empty....

Guest BlueMoonRising

Thanks for the great comments. I appreciate it. Sorry to be sucha NOOB, but I can't figure out how to get the extracted GB dump from the tool onto the phone.... There's no menu item for that in the tool?

As for the other question, after I am dropped from the network, when I type *#06#, IMEI will come up empty....

Run C:\SanDiego\tools\setup.bat, go through the first few screens(paying attention to the 32 or 64 bit setup), and run option 3 (Download Orange GB Dump).

Edited by BlueMoonRising

There is no option to push gingerbread update to the phone, it is part of the orange ics option.

So as above, run setup for your computer type 32bit or 64bit and download dump and orange ics, and push option for orange ics. If you do not want orange ics then there is no point in downloading the gingerbread dump.

Guest BlueMoonRising

There is no option to push gingerbread update to the phone, it is part of the orange ics option.

So as above, run setup for your computer type 32bit or 64bit and download dump and orange ics, and push option for orange ics. If you do not want orange ics then there is no point in downloading the gingerbread dump.

I think I misread the original question. I presumed he was trying to install Orange ICS still but maybe hadn't downloaded the GB dump.

"There is no option to push gingerbread update to the phone, it is part of the orange ics option.

So as above, run setup for your computer type 32bit or 64bit and download dump and orange ics, and push option for orange ics. If you do not want orange ics then there is no point in downloading the gingerbread dump."

I unzipped the dump file into the proper directory. I downloaded the Orange ICS update (I treid unzipping this as well). When I try and install Orange ICS, I get a meesage that says "operation not permitted". Then after a few failures in the tool, the tool starts to "push" the update to my phone. The phone then aborts the installation half way through. Any ideas?

Guest BlueMoonRising

"There is no option to push gingerbread update to the phone, it is part of the orange ics option.

So as above, run setup for your computer type 32bit or 64bit and download dump and orange ics, and push option for orange ics. If you do not want orange ics then there is no point in downloading the gingerbread dump."

I unzipped the dump file into the proper directory. I downloaded the Orange ICS update (I treid unzipping this as well). When I try and install Orange ICS, I get a meesage that says "operation not permitted". Then after a few failures in the tool, the tool starts to "push" the update to my phone. The phone then aborts the installation half way through. Any ideas?

You don't unzip the Orange ICS zip, just use the tool to download and place it in the Orange folder.

I think I am making progress. Still trying to get back to Orange build. After I root, when I try and push the Orange logo (before the ICS download), I get a message "opration not permitted" Is there something I need to do to on the rooted phone to make the Orange logo push successfully? Before I can then send the ICS update?

• 2 months later...
Guest bhtheking

Hello everyone.

I have the exact same problem on my Xolo x900.

IMEI comes up empty when I type *#06#

Mobile networks are also not available

Please help

Thanks.