Alcatel announces the One Touch 983

Guest hecatae

Guest jazzuk777

downside im using o2 contract sim and i cant send mms at all i checked settings and used tweaker apn still not working

Any O2 shop should be able to sort that for you (I take it you've tried texting ACTIVE to 2020? You can call 4445 if that doesn't work (call is set at 25p only). I used Tweakker in my Huawei and it worked perfectly I think. The app store when I was searching for Tweakker suggested other APN tools that might help if Tweakker doesn't, lots of them free I think.

if you know someone with an active o2 contract they can get you an unlock code for free from o2. Also there are a few programs that can unlock this via usb now, furious gold, gb-key and i think another. We really need modaco to make a forum for this phone. It is so cheap and well spec'd, it would be perfect for someone to create a custom rom for it.

Here is a Alcatel OT-983 rom, not sure which country it is from: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g2ljtrpqru3uihm/rom%20983.zip?m

Here is my o2 uk backup rom: http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/C4VEKHEI/OT-983_backup_uk.rar_links

this .zip file contains the boot.img, system.img and recovery.img

Not sure if this is a uk rom or a foreign rom but it might help people fix faulty phones and to create custom roms.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kaizoku_san

Now available on T-mob and Orange so unlocking now not really an issue, unless your on 3 or Voda.

I might re-buy it

thanks for the heads up. i like how t-mobile are saying "was £99 and now £49.99+£10". £20 more (at tmob and oj) than o2 though!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Adamalzo

Peaple have everithing to make a rom when are they gonna begin to make one i have a monte carlo and there are more than millions of roms online and it is even lower specs they need to make a rom this year

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.