Jr11 (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Nexus 4

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Stretlow

I'm just fixing the 'maps' crash that affects some operations in Facebook, Foursquare and Tweakdeck amongst others then i'll be ready to release the new version. :-)

P

This be updated tonight mate?

Guest PaulOBrien
Ah ok, I was getting force closes when I try mapview on the Quidco app, you reckon that's a ROM issue not a Quidco issue?
i'm getting them too with Llama Maps addon.

Yes, fix incoming!

P

Hmm. I just did a custom bake and requested that the radio be included, but I don't see it in there. The filename is Jr2-update-modacocustomrom-n4-kitchen-unsigned-MD5-bfd48c088e87202a682350897ce19f57.zip and the contents of options.txt are:

Your kitchen choices are shown below.

a

Guest comicbookguy

Baked a ROM last night with the NFC screen off option checked and it doesn't seen to be working... Should I have cleared the caches? Should it be working while phone is locked?..... Has anybody else tried it to confirm?

Update: something is killing my battery today tho..... ;) 20% lower than at this point yesterday....

Maps fix works with Llama tho. Cheers Paul!

Edited by comicbookguy

Guest Formel-LMS

With the Nexus 4 it seems, that we can't make phonecalls, while in Hands Free Mode. The Microphone is not loud enough, so its really bad.

But worst is, that when the Nexus 4 is plugged in to the auxiliary of the Car Radio, the noise cancellation cancels our voice. (so it's a voice cancellation)

Paul, is that a thing, you can have a look into? On Nexus One we have had the same problem. There was a build.prop line where we could disable the (V)Noise Cancellation.

I would be very very thankful, when you find something to help :)

Guest PaulOBrien

Jr3 is now in the kitchen ready for baking! :) The prebake will be online later today as soon as I have finished testing. :)

P

Changelog

5th December

• Updated all components to the latest release
  • Fixed embedded maps crash
  • All builds now include a customised version of the excellent 'Quick Settings' mod by kevdlui
  • A number of other small fixes and improvements
  • Added option to enable NFC when screen is off
  • Unified kitchen options across Nexus MCRs (some additional options available)

Use titanium to check it's not frozen. Shouldn't be anymore but was in old builds.

The widget is also called sound search if that's any help

Edited by jmagee

Guest comicbookguy

Paul, what should I be looking for in better battery stats to see if NFC when screen is off is crippling my battery? I'm getting almost permanent wake lock and low deep sleep....

Guest comicbookguy

You say a permanent wake lock, BBS should show what's holding the wake lock?

P

Hmm.. BBS says WiFi almost permanently on even tho I have no status bar icon, and something called Rilj running almost all the time.. Will post more details later

post-862200-0-72500700-1354798851_thumb.

Edited by comicbookguy

Guest PaulOBrien

Hmm.. BBS says WiFi almost permanently on even tho I have no status bar icon, and something called Rilj running almost all the time.. Will post more details later

Your longest wakelock in that screenshot is only 39 seconds...!

P

Guest comicbookguy

Your longest wakelock in that screenshot is only 39 seconds...!

P

Oops. Sorry. I'm new to BBS & not understanding it I think. Let me look at it properly and compare it to my N7

Oops. Sorry. I'm new to BBS & not understanding it I think. Let me look at it properly and compare it to my N7

Throw juice defender on. I don't use BBS but with out juice defender i used 50% battery in 4 hours. Normally that'll last me a day.

Guest comicbookguy

Its something that's changed since i flashed Jr3... Either NFC on when screen off or possibly a beta update to Llama (which I've also changed a couple of options on...) Going to tweak Llama again and if that fails I'll reflash without the NFC mod.

Something is dropping an extra 25% off my battery in 8hours compared to 2 days ago

Paul any chance of an NFC on/off toggle for quicksettings?

Guest PaulOBrien
Its something that's changed since i flashed Jr3... Either NFC on when screen off or possibly a beta update to Llama (which I've also changed a couple of options on...) Going to tweak Llama again and if that fails I'll reflash without the NFC mod.

Something is dropping an extra 25% off my battery in 8hours compared to 2 days ago

I'm sure I can add that!

P

Guest CaspaTheGhost

Take a look at partial wakelocks and see what's happening.

Guest comicbookguy

Take a look at partial wakelocks and see what's happening.

It seems a bit better today but still not amazing.

post-862200-0-88134300-1354884166_thumb.

Edited by comicbookguy