Jr11 (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Nexus 4

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

There have been a lot of app updates lately you may have noticed - these have now all been integrated into the kitchen, there will be some more improvements before I build the next release. :)

P

Guest Nikolas Loos

hi there...

i am new and also just signed up, also happily pay the 10 squid to be able to use the kitchen. ;-) i was wondering, i only miss a very little feature in the kitchen to be PERFECTLY happy with whats already there, that would be the feature:

*wake up phone with volume buttons*

any chance that it will be implemented in the near future?

thanks and best regards,

niko

Guest PaulOBrien

I've just finished investigating the various 'gradient fix' requirements with a view to incorporating them in the next release. Some no longer apply on 4.2 but some, as you can see below, still do. :)

I've made an updated version and assuming it tests OK, i'll incorporate it for the next release! :)

P

gradientfixcomp.png

Guest Ronaldo-9

hello Paul,

Is it possible to have custom rom with just few tweaks such as:

Enhanced Quick Settings

Enhanced Power Menu

Extended Display (i had this on Gnex-hides soft buttons)

No root (yes no root) so that barclays bank app will work, on my gnex i installed custom rom but even after removing SU and SuperUser.apk barclays app still said phone was rooted.

Cheers

I can't enable Instant Uploads. Actually, it is enabled in settings the same way as I always had it on other rom versions and phones, (G+ settings - Instant Upload enabled, Accounts settings - Sync enabled). But it just does nothing.

Normally I wouldn't care less, I prefer to sync my pcis with Dropbox and DropSync anyway, but I am trying to play with photosphere camera feature, and for that I need it to sync to G+ (the only plae on computer where it is possible to see photosphere). So far - unable to do that. My Instant Uploads folder stays old, no updates from Dec 15.

I even tried to force-sync eveything in G+/Settings/Instant Upload/Upload All. It starts and just hangs on first 5-6 pics.

What am I missing?!

I can't enable Instant Uploads. Actually, it is enabled in settings the same way as I always had it on other rom versions and phones, (G+ settings - Instant Upload enabled, Accounts settings - Sync enabled). But it just does nothing.

Normally I wouldn't care less, I prefer to sync my pcis with Dropbox and DropSync anyway, but I am trying to play with photosphere camera feature, and for that I need it to sync to G+ (the only plae on computer where it is possible to see photosphere). So far - unable to do that. My Instant Uploads folder stays old, no updates from Dec 15.

I even tried to force-sync eveything in G+/Settings/Instant Upload/Upload All. It starts and just hangs on first 5-6 pics.

What am I missing?!

Works perfectly fine for me, maybe you have 1 or 2 corrupt images. Try moving all pics to your computer and then clear all images on phone and try again. If it still doesnt work then a full wipe and a reinstall should work..

Paul ive noticed 1 thing missing since I moved from my GN Jr11 to N4 Jr4. Im using alot of widgets and one of them I really like is the bookmarks widget. While the bookmark widget works, it only displays the local bookmarks and not your google account bookmarks like it used to on GN. There is just no option to select it as it automaticly chooses local. Opening the "classic" webbrowser and clicking bookmarks also only shows local bookmarks so something is missing.

Dunno if its related to google abandoning the original browser instead of chrome or what.

I prefer the old browser instead of the slower chrome + you can load flash objects on demand which keeps functionality and speed on top :)

Something that can be fixed?

Edited by tndb

Guest steeperton

Paul ive noticed 1 thing missing since I moved from my GN Jr11 to N4 Jr4. Im using alot of widgets and one of them I really like is the bookmarks widget. While the bookmark widget works, it only displays the local bookmarks and not your google account bookmarks like it used to on GN. There is just no option to select it as it automaticly chooses local. Opening the "classic" webbrowser and clicking bookmarks also only shows local bookmarks so something is missing.

Dunno if its related to google abandoning the original browser instead of chrome or what.

I prefer the old browser instead of the slower chrome + you can load flash objects on demand which keeps functionality and speed on top :)

Something that can be fixed?

My old bookmarks (from stock browser) are now saved in android chrome under "desktop bookmarks", for some reason!

Paul, can you fix the convert to MMS when sending to multiple recipients?

That's an option under settings in your SMS app. Under MMS and group messaging. Just untick the box

Guest PaulOBrien

Jr5 is now available in the kitchen! As usual, after a short period of testing both by myself and kitchen users it'll be available as prebake! :)

This is mostly an app update / fix + tweak release. The 'gradient fix' is now also included in all bakes, if you spot any remaining bad gradients please report to the elite 'G-Squad' by posting in this topic and it'll get fixed. :P

Hope everyone had a good Christmas and Happy New Year - thanks for your support in 2012... looking forward to 2013! :)

P

Changelog

28th December Jr5

• All installed apps updated to latest versions.
  • Gradient fix - if you spot any bad gradients please post in topic.
  • Numerous small improvements and bug fixes.

If I have understood correctly, there is no need for wiping before installing this ROM over my stock ROM?

Also, it says to apply update.zip but it does say anything about needing to change the name to update.zip. Does that mean I can use Install zip from sdcard or do I need to rename the file to update.zip and choose Apply update.zip?

Regards,

BTJ

Edited by BTJ

Guest PaulOBrien
If I have understood correctly, there is no need for wiping before installing this ROM over my stock ROM?

Also, it says to apply update.zip but it does say anything about needing to change the name to update.zip. Does that mean I can use Install zip from sdcard or do I need to rename the file to update.zip and choose Apply update.zip?

Regards,

BTJ

Non wipe, any filename!

P

But if I choose Apply update.zip it looks for a file named update.zip, i.e. I can not choose a file... But if I choose Install from sdcard, then I can choose a zip file with any name...

(Not sure what is the difference between Apply update.zip and Install from SDcard?)

BTJ

Edited by BTJ

Guest PaulOBrien
But if I choose Apply update.zip it looks for a file named update.zip, i.e. I can not choose a file... But if I choose Install from sdcard, then I can choose a zip file with any name...

(Not sure what is the difference between Apply update.zip and Install from SDcard?)

BTJ

They both do the same!

P

One more little question... If I want to start from scratch, I can not seem to find an option to format /system.. And I remember that the kitchen had an option for including format of /system partition for an earlier version of Google Nexus (I think it was Nexus One), any chance of including the same option for this ROM? Or is there a better way to start from scratch, with an empty phone?

Regards,

BTJ