Huawei Ascend G330 1GHz dual-core £100 SIM-free ICS 4.0.4

Guest Modifoid

I have just ordered Newman N1, is better and cheaper then G330.

I've seen the Newman N1. It's really good for the price, but apparently it feels really cheap and tacky so I decided to get a Jiayu G3 instead. It's pretty much the same price and same specifications, but the build is really good, probably similar to the G300 itself. I think it has the second generation of gorilla glass too so I presume it has good build quality :P

post-969101-13537025637983_thumb.jpg

post-969101-13537025800964_thumb.jpg

ok, that phone is £160 from the site you linked in other thread, add VAT and handling you're looking at £200 for a phone with no support that's twice the price of the G300.

Guest scottwild.co

Maybe some body would like to dip a toe into the Chinese market? Here's a G330 for £115. Adding faster postage so you can have it delivered before you die of old age would raise the cost thou :(

ok, that phone is £160 from the site you linked in other thread, add VAT and handling you're looking at £200 for a phone with no support that's twice the price of the G300.

£200??? :wacko: Are you talking about the Jiayu G3 or the Huawei G330? BTW the Jiayu only costs around £110 + maybe 10 for p&p and that includes accessories like a case and bumper case.

I'm positive about this info as my brother purchased the Jiayu G2 from fastcardtech a few weeks ago. It came in 7 days to the uk, and cost about £5 + £8 service charge for delivery. The phone itself was like £90 and came with a free case.

The phone came in good packaging, so it has lots of foam and bubble wrap to keep it ok.

Edited by kyan31

If it does come out at £100

ah really! i was considering a G330 from Germany for £145 ish, decided its too much, would get another G300 for £100 (also slightly too much now imho, its same price as 6 months ago).

for £100 i'd def. buy a G330 now. it comes with ICS so even little ROM support for a while shouldn't be a big deal.

Same here.If it really does come out for £100 it will be a bargain

everyone is saying £100 but i'll believe that when i see, as G300 is still £100 here and G330 is £150 ish in Europe.

link to Jiayu G3 for £110 please? i must be using wrong sites..

Guest Hans Gruber

I don't know where trusted reviews is getting £100 sim-free from as Engadget has posted the full press release and they only mention Talk Talk contracts

http://www.engadget.com/2012/11/24/huawei-ascend-g-330-lands-on-uk-shores-through-talktalk/

Unless Huawei has told them different I think that price may be slightly wishful thinking

I don't know where trusted reviews is getting £100 sim-free from as Engadget has posted the full press release and they only mention Talk Talk contracts

Yep,i cant see talk talk doing any sim free deals on this phone ,never mind as low as £100. Cheapist import i've seen is £140ish + shipping

G330 has chip with two MSM7227A cores at 1GHz and Adreno 203 slightly better then G300.

For me is bed that no support for HD video recording an "only" 512MB of RAM

Guest Urbanchina

Purchased one from ebay UK seller cost £160+ £6.50postage. I highly doubt is going to cost around £100 mark for a sim free unit. When it launched in Germany last month, it cost €199!

Edited by Urbanchina

Guest Urbanchina

Samsung Galaxy's a better phone? Look at this comparison. I would say they are very close. The bottom line is... Majority of consumers always go for the better name. Huawei is still new in the smartphone industry. But I think they will out beat other leading brands very soon with the quality budget style. Remember when HTC first launched with android, we was like "HTC"? Today they are know to majority of consumers.

Samsung Galaxy's a better phone? Look at this comparison. I would say they are very close. The bottom line is... Majority of consumers always go for the better name. Huawei is still new in the smartphone industry. But I think they will out beat other leading brands very soon with the quality budget style. Remember when HTC first launched with android, we was like "HTC"? Today they are know to majority of consumers.

I think Huawei need to avoid doing what HTC did at all costs. My last phone was an HTC Hero, flagship phone when I first got it, they dropped it like a hot potato within months. They were an OEM manufacturer that had ambitions to become a 'brand' like Samsung and Apple, but they flooded the market with an endless array of models without building up a proper back-end and support infrastructure. Look at them now, struggling to compete with Samsung and Apple and a share price at a 12 month low.

I can see Huawei doing the exact same thing if they aren't careful.

Guest MrPuddington

problem is at 150-160 it's up against the Galaxy Ace 2, from a better known brand.

The Ace 2 looks nice: more memory, better camera, and of course dual core. But on the other hand it only has Android 2.3, and nearly no developer community, no CM9 etc. That alone makes it a no go for me, plus it is a bit pricey for what it is.

Guest Ludak021

Can anyone confirm that it has a front facing camera?

Yes, VGA (640x480)

gsmarena.

Nice phone btw. Too bad I already have g300 on a contract. The cpu is downclocked to 1ghz from 1.2 ghz it seems

Up To 1.2 GHz Dual-core ARM Cortex-A5

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snapdragon_%28system_on_chip%29

"Brighter and more vivid colour reproduction, TFT LCD vs LCD"

yeah i wouldn't really trust those comparison sites too much, they contain too much innacurate/incomplete info!

you are dead right about the brands though.

Ace2 is due to get Android 4.1 btw, otherwise i wouldn't consider it. and with 768MB RAM it'll run it better than G330..

Edited by Smiff2

Guest Ludak021

The Ace 2 looks nice: more memory, better camera, and of course dual core. But on the other hand it only has Android 2.3, and nearly no developer community, no CM9 etc. That alone makes it a no go for me, plus it is a bit pricey for what it is.

actually, slower cpu, smaller screen, same cameras higher price tag. ;)

edit: but it does sport an PLS LCD vs IPS LCD, 128mb more memory and IS upgradable with official JB rom.

Edited by Ludak021

do the G330 and Ace2 really have same 5MP camera? this is kinda important for the person i have in mind for. hmm.

and which screen is better? the Ace2? (3.8" vs 4" who cares really)

the Ace2 is ~£117 if you have a Tmobile sim to upgade, which is pretty unbeatable if you can get it. this phone was nearly £300 six months ago?!

downsides.. unlikely to get CM. yeah this phone really went under the radar, probably because it was so overpriced when new.

256MB more RAM i think. this is significant for ICS/JB.

Edited by Smiff2

Guest Ludak021

do the G330 and Ace2 really have same 5MP camera? this is kinda important for the person i have in mind for. hmm.

and which screen is better? the Ace2? (3.8" vs 4" who cares really)

the Ace2 is ~£117 if you have a Tmobile sim to upgade, which is pretty unbeatable if you can get it. this phone was nearly £300 six months ago?!

downsides.. unlikely to get CM. yeah this phone really went under the radar, probably because it was so overpriced when new.

256MB more RAM i think. this is significant for ICS/JB.

well, probably not the same manufacturer but same number of MP :)

and actually I think faster CPU is more important for JB/ICS over 256 more ram since you have plenty of ram to go around with decent ROM on 512mb. Also, ddr2 vs ddr1 is a solid difference as well. Not everything is in pure numbers. For instance, HTC HD2 with CM9 works a lot better then g300, and the difference is 256kb cache on the CPU :)

as for camera, idk what kind of quality are either of those. I suspect camera on g330 is pretty much the same one as on g300 so it's nothing special for sure.

actually, slower cpu, smaller screen, same cameras higher price tag. ;)

edit: but it does sport an PLS LCD vs IPS LCD, 128mb more memory and IS upgradable with official JB rom.

In Ace 2 is Cortex A9 CPU (in G330 is Cortex A5), can record 720p HD video. 256 more MB of RAM in Ace 2 and JB upgradable.

Edited by SuhiJr

Guest Higgy69

47 hours uptime so far on BETA 1 and everything is running sweet. Nice one Tillaz :D

I have not run many gfx intensive games (Pain Deluxe seems to take care of this department) but have done most other things: Run lots of apps, bluetooth files, Wi-Fi, 3G/H web browsing, MP3 playing, GPS and OC'ed to 1.2GHz.

The only real issue I had was restoring the phone with Go Backup. It might be because the lastest NOVA was not put on, but it did not restore my Launcher Layout straight away. I updated to latest NOVA on Play Store then just restored 'Built-In Launcher Layout' again on its own and I had my layout back (I run NOVA PRIME by the way).