Phone will not start up - how to unbrick?

Guest ahsgd1

Hi guys,

As my phone will not boot in recovery mode or respond to anything I was hoping someone here could offer a solution to get things working. I do recall there being some software that would interact with the phone even if it wasn't switched on but was connected to the PC(?).

Thanks

What lead to my issue:

fist of all i would advise you to stay away from huawei all backup, this restores system elements witch is not good when swapping or updating roms

use "go backup" included in the rom,

you should be to boot into recovery, hold the power button and volume up at the same time

(i have already attempted this) - with both volume buttons

Edited by ahsgd1

Guest tcpaulh

Download http://www.solidfiles.com/d/8736243461/

Extract contents somewhere on your PC/laptop

Pull the G300 battery, wait, re-insert

power on with volume down until it stops at splash screen

plug G300 into pc/laptop

run install-cwmrecovery-windows-new.bat

..with any luck you'll now have cwm installed and can access it by powering on with volume up

Download http://www.solidfile...m/d/8736243461/

plug G300 into pc/laptop

..with any luck you'll now have cwm installed and can access it by powering on with volume up

Thanks for the reply - the issue with this solution is that the phone won't respond to me holding the power button and either volume buttons. :(

What happens when you try the above? In detail :)

Nothing happens, lol. I cannot even power up the phone, let alone get to the splash screen.

I've taken the battery out dozens of times over varying periods of time ranging from 1 minute to 20 minutes (whilst looking up potential solutions). I'll re-insert the battery, press and hold he power and volume down button for 30+ seconds and nothing happens. I've repeated the process also holding the power and volume up buttons simultaneously and still nothing happens.

I plug in the charger and the light doesn't come up.

I've been through several ROM installations and installed CWM over the last 3+ months so I wouldn't call myself a newbie.

Guest tcpaulh

Does the charging light remain off on both mains and USB charging (with different USB leads)? It can take a minute to light up.

Are you able to try an alternative battery or try the existing battery in another G300 or no battery at all?

Plug it into the pc and open a command window in the directory you extracted the download from my previous post

From the command prompt, type

adb-windows devices
Also try
fastboot-windows devices

Do either give any result?

Guest ahsgd11

Having issues with my twitter account (linked with the prev account here) so had to re-register.

Typing in adb-windows devices gives me: List of devices attached

Followed by a couple of empty rows.

I get no result entering fastboot-windows

Unfortunately I do not have any spare batteries or G300's. I'm pretty sure it's safe to rule out any battery issues though.

Thanks again

Guest Kazimator

Hello, I just experienced the same issue. Just went to check the phone after an hour or so and it was comletely dead. Won´t respond to anything, battery should be charged enough, but won´t charge now (charger checked), connecting to pc leads to unsuccesful search for driver. I´m going to take it back to shop tomorow, so I'll report if I learn something new.

• 2 months later...

Kazimator

Did you manage to get your phone working ?

I'm having the same issue, but can get fastboot shell, still it won't write the image

I get

sending 'recovery' (6200 KB)... OKAY

writing 'recovery'... FAILED (remote: flash write failure)

Guest DuncanL

Hello, I just experienced the same issue. Just went to check the phone after an hour or so and it was comletely dead. Won´t respond to anything, battery should be charged enough, but won´t charge now (charger checked), connecting to pc leads to unsuccesful search for driver. I´m going to take it back to shop tomorow, so I'll report if I learn something new.

That's worring - just had mine do exactly the same. It's going back to Tesco Direct for repair\replacement which is good; but the loss of phone and data isn't. Plus either they fix it and might discover it's been unlocked and upgraded to ICS; or they replace it and I'll have to pay for a new unlock code. Annoying.

• 1 month later...

Download http://www.solidfile...m/d/8736243461/

plug G300 into pc/laptop

Tried it and it said command not allowed but sending the recovery was fine

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wbrambley
I think I can join this club... I have CWM installed and still cant get anyway with it... so ringing Huawei tomorrow

No blue or pink screen, that's scary.

Guest sharkyo01

No blue or pink screen, that's scary.

Its completely dead no blue or pink screen cannot access fast boot. etc etc ... If you can enter fast boot would be simply to fix!

Done some testing and mine one is not sending a charge to the battery connectors. The battery is charged so possible a break in the board some where

Edited by sharkyo01

Guest sharkyo01

Install CWM via fastboot and a standard boot.img that should get you moving again!

I use this..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=28719715[/CODE]

If you need images let me know ill upload a copy.

Edited by sharkyo01

Guest shootomanUK

Thanks for the reply - the issue with this solution is that the phone won't respond to me holding the power button and either volume buttons. :(

leave the phone on charge for a few hours, my girlfriend has a huawei blade that had the same issues

but after leaving it for a few hours it started to charge, seems like a bug with huawei phones.

also check your charger is working.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest dzosoo

HI guys, same problem here, phone is dead, no reaction at all. went to 3 mobile services and no one could fix it. one night I turned phone off and tumorow,its dead! I love that phone and because it was opened few times it wont be legit for waranty.

When i connect phone to pc it seas unknown device. (i have driver instaled)

realy dont know what to do please help meeee

Guest sartana

Hi, i have a problem...G300 of my girlfriend don't boot, it's remaining on huwei logo.

Turn it in Recoverry it gaves some errors (can't mount cache/recovery/command - cache/recovery/log) ....i tried to wipe data, cache and dalvik and to flash a new ROM whitout result, anything i try doen't work...i tried also to format sd, but even if it says process done, don't wipe anithing.

Tried to flash another recovery, don't work.

So , it seems that recovery don't work.

I go to the next step, and try to force update of official firmware....put in sd card, force update but....don't apper a pink bar, only an empty bar...

I try to reinstall recovery but give me error writing recovery. (flash write failure)

So, now?

Warranty it's avoid, cause they can see that i install CWM...

Guest smweb

Hi, i have a problem...G300 of my girlfriend don't boot, it's remaining on huwei logo.

Turn it in Recoverry it gaves some errors (can't mount cache/recovery/command - cache/recovery/log) ....i tried to wipe data, cache and dalvik and to flash a new ROM whitout result, anything i try doen't work...i tried also to format sd, but even if it says process done, don't wipe anithing.

Tried to flash another recovery, don't work.

So , it seems that recovery don't work.

I go to the next step, and try to force update of official firmware....put in sd card, force update but....don't apper a pink bar, only an empty bar...

I try to reinstall recovery but give me error writing recovery. (flash write failure)

So, now?

Warranty it's avoid, cause they can see that i install CWM...

Send to Huawei, they have a history of fixing phones which are rooted and have custom recovery installed.