[B2G] Firefox OS for the Huawei Ascend G300 [ROM] [Last updated: 06/12]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest PaulMilbank

http://bluishcoder.co.nz/2013/04/22/running-firefox-os-on-nexus-s.html

The main source repository is on github, https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/b2g. The first step is to clone this repository. I clone this into a directory called nexus-s:

$ git clone git://github.com/mozilla-b2g/B2G nexus-s

$ cd nexus-s

Create a file in this directory called .userconfig containing the following:

export CC=gcc-4.6

export CXX=g++-4.6

export HIDPI=1

The first two entries are required if you are building on Ubuntu 12.10 to use gcc version 4.6, which you must install. B2G does not build using gcc version 4.7.

The last entry, HIDPI, results in applications using the correct resources for the screen size on the Nexus S. Without this many things will be scaled incorrectly.

Rydelis, source is in Mozilla B2G repos on github.

Build instructions here:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Firefox_OS/Firefox_OS_build_prerequisites

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Firefox_OS/Preparing_for_your_first_B2G_build

This is where I get lost, I don't know how to build with Dazzozo's device tree, vendor tree and kernel or even if I need to. If anyone could put up a guide on how to build, I would love to get B2G running on this phone, it is a lot more interesting to me than android.

https://github.com/Dazzozo/android_device_huawei_u8815/tree/b2g

https://github.com/Dazzozo/proprietary_vendor_huawei/tree/ics/u8815

https://github.com/Dazzozo/B2G

https://github.com/Dazzozo/android_kernel_huawei_u8815/tree/ics

I would like to devote some time to it, but I just don't have any at the moment which is why I stopped building kernels for the G300 too.

Guest celrau

Yeah it WAS for low res devices but 1.1.0hd branch is for our devices and devices with better resolution...I did some changes to gaia and I can simply change(hard fixed) all of system apps to be nice (can provide images) but real problem is user installed apps...I think we must wait...or at least we need to change main css to get larger text, etc. in all apps, but i can't find it right now...

Please share, if you don't consider to be of general interest PM me. I was gonna look into this myself but didn't know where to start.

Another issue I have is relatively low sound with calls and music with volume all the way up.

Guest celrau

I tried to build Firefox OS again and got this (if anyone can help):

build/core/base_rules.mk:82: *** Module name: gtest-death-test_test_host

build/core/base_rules.mk:83: *** Makefile location: external/gtest/test

build/core/base_rules.mk:84: *

build/core/base_rules.mk:85: * Each module must use a LOCAL_MODULE_TAGS in its

build/core/base_rules.mk:86: * Android.mk. Possible tags declared by a module:

build/core/base_rules.mk:87: *

build/core/base_rules.mk:88: *	 optional, debug, eng, tests, samples

build/core/base_rules.mk:89: *

build/core/base_rules.mk:90: * If the module is expected to be in all builds

build/core/base_rules.mk:91: * of a product, then it should use the

build/core/base_rules.mk:92: * "optional" tag:

build/core/base_rules.mk:93: *

build/core/base_rules.mk:94: *    Add "LOCAL_MODULE_TAGS := optional" in the

build/core/base_rules.mk:95: *    Android.mk for the affected module, and add

build/core/base_rules.mk:96: *    the LOCAL_MODULE value for that component

build/core/base_rules.mk:97: *    into the PRODUCT_PACKAGES section of product

build/core/base_rules.mk:98: *    makefile(s) where it's necessary, if

build/core/base_rules.mk:99: *    appropriate.

build/core/base_rules.mk:100: *

build/core/base_rules.mk:101: * If the component should be in EVERY build of ALL

build/core/base_rules.mk:102: * products, then add its LOCAL_MODULE value to the

build/core/base_rules.mk:103: * PRODUCT_PACKAGES section of

build/core/base_rules.mk:104: * build/target/product/core.mk

build/core/base_rules.mk:105: *

build/core/base_rules.mk:106: *** user tag detected on new module - user tags are only supported on legacy modules.  Stop.

Guest celrau

I posted this issue to b2g dev forum and this is what I got back:

This is caused by a change in the upstream gtest manifest, that isn't compatible with ICS.

A quick way to work around this is to do:

cd external/gtest

git checkout 8c212ebe53bb2baab3575f03069016f1fb11e449

cd -

and your build should continue to work.

To make this more permanent, you should get your manifest updated (if you cd into .repo/manifests and search for gtest, you'll see that most have been frozen on the 8c212... hash."

... which fixes it but I'm getting an error further down the line.

Looks like some things have changed since Dazzozo made the initial port so please Dazzozo, can you update your repository so that we can at least build B2G? I'd do it if I had the knowhow :)

Guest mihairu

i forked dazzozzo's manifest...you can try it, but i have another error after updating all repos etc. (https://github.com/M...u/b2g-manifest/)

error: linux/i2c-dev.h: No such file or directory

device/huawei/u8815/audio/HardwarePinSwitching.c: In function 'do_rdwr':

device/huawei/u8815/audio/HardwarePinSwitching.c:69: error: storage size of 'msgset' isn't known

make: *** [out/target/product/u8815/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/audio.primary.u8815_intermediates/HardwarePinSwitching.o] Error 1

make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

device/huawei/u8815/audio/AudioHardware.h: In constructor 'android_audio_legacy::AudioHardware::AudioHardware()':

device/huawei/u8815/audio/AudioHardware.h:320: warning: 'android_audio_legacy::AudioHardware::mOutput' will be initialized after

device/huawei/u8815/audio/AudioHardware.h:318: warning: 'bool android_audio_legacy::AudioHardware::mBluetoothVGS'

device/huawei/u8815/audio/AudioHardware.cpp:118: warning: when initialized here

device/huawei/u8815/audio/AudioHardware.h:327: warning: 'android_audio_legacy::AudioHardware::mDualMicEnabled' will be initialized after

device/huawei/u8815/audio/AudioHardware.h:315: warning: 'int android_audio_legacy::AudioHardware::mFmFd'

device/huawei/u8815/audio/AudioHardware.cpp:118: warning: when initialized here

device/huawei/u8815/audio/AudioHardware.cpp:199: error: 'SND_AVC_CTL' was not declared in this scope

device/huawei/u8815/audio/AudioHardware.cpp:200: error: 'SND_AGC_CTL' was not declared in this scope

device/huawei/u8815/audio/AudioHardware.cpp: In function 'int android_audio_legacy::msm72xx_enable_postproc(bool)':

device/huawei/u8815/audio/AudioHardware.cpp:944: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions

device/huawei/u8815/audio/AudioHardware.cpp:949: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions

device/huawei/u8815/audio/AudioHardware.cpp:954: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions

device/huawei/u8815/audio/AudioHardware.cpp:979: error: 'AUDIO_SET_MBADRC' was not declared in this scope

device/huawei/u8815/audio/AudioHardware.cpp: In member function 'virtual android::status_t android_audio_legacy::AudioHardware::setVoiceVolume(float)':

device/huawei/u8815/audio/AudioHardware.cpp:1164: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions

device/huawei/u8815/audio/AudioHardware.cpp:1164: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions

device/huawei/u8815/audio/AudioHardware.cpp: In member function 'android::status_t android_audio_legacy::AudioHardware::doAudioRouteOrMute(uint32_t)':

device/huawei/u8815/audio/AudioHardware.cpp:1287: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions

device/huawei/u8815/audio/AudioHardware.cpp:1290: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions

device/huawei/u8815/audio/AudioHardware.cpp:1291: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions

device/huawei/u8815/audio/AudioHardware.cpp:1292: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions

device/huawei/u8815/audio/AudioHardware.cpp:1293: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions

device/huawei/u8815/audio/AudioHardware.cpp: In member function 'android::status_t android_audio_legacy::AudioHardware::doRouting(android_audio_legacy::AudioHardware::AudioStreamInMSM72xx*)':

device/huawei/u8815/audio/AudioHardware.cpp:1446: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions

device/huawei/u8815/audio/AudioHardware.cpp:1449: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions

device/huawei/u8815/audio/AudioHardware.cpp: In member function 'android::status_t android_audio_legacy::AudioHardware::AudioStreamInMSM72xx::set(android_audio_legacy::AudioHardware*, uint32_t, int*, uint32_t*, uint32_t*, android_audio_legacy::AudioSystem::audio_in_acoustics)':

device/huawei/u8815/audio/AudioHardware.cpp:1872: error: aggregate 'android_audio_legacy::msm_audio_voicememo_config gcfg' has incomplete type and cannot be defined

device/huawei/u8815/audio/AudioHardware.cpp:1961: error: 'RPC_VOC_REC_BOTH' was not declared in this scope

device/huawei/u8815/audio/AudioHardware.cpp:1964: error: 'RPC_VOC_REC_FORWARD' was not declared in this scope

device/huawei/u8815/audio/AudioHardware.cpp:1967: error: 'RPC_VOC_REC_REVERSE' was not declared in this scope

device/huawei/u8815/audio/AudioHardware.cpp:1972: error: 'RPC_VOC_REC_REVERSE' was not declared in this scope

device/huawei/u8815/audio/AudioHardware.cpp:1983: error: 'RPC_VOC_CAP_AMR' was not declared in this scope

device/huawei/u8815/audio/AudioHardware.cpp:1984: error: 'RPC_VOC_AMR_RATE_1220' was not declared in this scope

device/huawei/u8815/audio/AudioHardware.cpp:1986: error: 'RPC_VOC_PB_AMR' was not declared in this scope

device/huawei/u8815/audio/AudioHardware.cpp:2000: error: 'AUDIO_SET_VOICEMEMO_CONFIG' was not declared in this scope

device/huawei/u8815/audio/AudioHardware.cpp:2006: error: 'AUDIO_GET_VOICEMEMO_CONFIG' was not declared in this scope

device/huawei/u8815/audio/AudioHardware.cpp: In member function 'virtual ssize_t android_audio_legacy::AudioHardware::AudioStreamInMSM72xx::read(void*, ssize_t)':

device/huawei/u8815/audio/AudioHardware.cpp:2250: warning: format '%d' expects type 'int', but argument 4 has type 'ssize_t'

make: *** [out/target/product/u8815/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/audio.primary.u8815_intermediates/AudioHardware.o] Error 1

manifest can (and maybe is) be badly written so...if you found some mistake or someone it would be great!

EDIT: if there is still problem with gtest i will update manifest ASAP

Edited by mihairu

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mihairu

If anyone is interested, here is build with good DPI, camera and video don't work

https://drive.google...bHc&usp=sharing

I'll post pics as I come home from work...or if anyone try this can share screens (power+home)

btw: problem with DPI is in

mihairu@lois:~/GIT/B2G$ adb logcat | grep dpi

I/msm7x27a.gralloc( 103): width = 76 mm (160.421051 dpi)

I/msm7x27a.gralloc( 103): height = 127 mm (160.000000 dpi)

if anyone can help it would be great

now I updated (hardcoded) gecko/widget/gonk/nswindow.cpp (line 538) to return correct DPI and multiplier 1.5x

edit2: logcat for camera http://pastebin.com/PQNwteVa

Edited by mihairu

Guest djuroue

How about telephony, does it work ?!

I managed to flash your build Mihairu! It is working pretty good... Screenshoots in few minutes!

Edited by djuroue

Guest rabaip

Sorry if it's a horribly stupid question but how could I flash mihairu's build? I hope it's not fastboot shizzle wizzle because then I'd have to pass.

• 3 months later...

I tried to flash that 3 files of before... I can't flash system.img...

sending 'system.img' (111545 KB)...
OKAY [ 10.174s]
writing 'system.img'...
FAILED (remote: Command not allowed)
finished. total time: 10.176s

boot and usedata flashed fine... why happen this?

EDIT: Fixed, bad download...

Works everything unless camera and menu button and back button... I'll try to start to work on camera (i helped on galaxy ace so far ago to get working camera stuff in CM9)

I hope to get free time to support this OS

Greetings!

Edited by daredj

I tried to flash that 3 files of before... I can't flash system.img...

sending 'system.img' (111545 KB)...
OKAY [ 10.174s]
writing 'system.img'...
FAILED (remote: Command not allowed)
finished. total time: 10.176s

boot and usedata flashed fine... why happen this?

EDIT: Fixed, bad download...

Works everything unless camera and menu button and back button... I'll try to start to work on camera (i helped on galaxy ace so far ago to get working camera stuff in CM9)

I hope to get free time to support this OS

Greetings!

If you are using linux, try to add "sudo" before the rest of comand

dont know what to do on Windows/Mac :(

Edited by Rydlis

Hi

Good news, i have compiled 1.2 and works fine (camera error too, I'll try to fix that), testing some basic apps for make rom as daily use.

PS: v1.2 has better performance ATM, let's see batery too

PS2: Thinking about make a new thread and also make fork of dazz repo (if he gives auth to that)

Greetings.

Guest djuroue

I am looking forward to your work daredj, because i love interface of Firefox OS... Can you tell us something more about your work and how that build works ?! 

Thanx.

ATM doesn't wok:

-USB storage (on linux at least i cant access to storage)

-Camera (FC in startup)

NOT TESTED:

-Bluetooth (it power on, but i don't have other device here to test)

-Calling (I didn't talked, i can call but nobody answer me today :P)

-Messages (idem as before, but i can receive whatsapp activation code for loqui IM)

I'll upload some screens on a new thread when I can connect to usb.

PS: I'll not upload this compilation yet, it's with dev mode and doesn't have all languajes.

Good news, i have compiled 1.2 and works fine (camera error too, I'll try to fix that), testing some basic apps for make rom as daily use.

PS2: Thinking about make a new thread and also make fork of dazz repo (if he gives auth to that)

Good news!

I don't think Dazzozo will have problem if you fork his work. It's opensource. Just don't forget to make credit to him. ;)

PS: I'll not upload this compilation yet, it's with dev mode and doesn't have all languajes.

I don't mind if the interface language would be English only and I can set the locale to what I want.