[JB] [4.1.2] CyanogenMod 10.0 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Colossae3.23

Mr. Dazzozo,

Not sure if this has been reported before, but you know this freeze up thing that's happening sometimes with apps? Well for me, it seems like its only happening on apps that use root permissions. No problems to speak of with LBE, though on the initial install it kept telling me I didn't have root. That problems is gone now.

But in Link2SD, I'm getting strange behaviour. The best I can describe it that you asking the app to do something and it hangs (but not a total freeze that requires a batt. pull) then if you press home and go back in to the app again, it is either still hung up, or it has actually done the command you choose. Either way, if I keep at it, it eventually does what I want.

For instance I just tried to uninstall Movie Maker, and finally did it after about 5 tries of going back in and out of the app. Like its doing the job underneath, but not where you can see it, if that makes sense? Anyway, forgive me if you know about this already, or if its been reported before. I couldn't remember anyone describing an issue like this.

All the best, Bill

Try ticking the 'Disable HW overlays' option in Settings > Developer options. With this ticked I don't get any freezes in Link2SD but without it ticked I get the same issues you describe.

sorry to be so n00bish... but how far has development come with this? last time i was here was 2/3 months ago. Can somebody give me a rough idea what has happened. I cba trawling through all these posts :) i have a G300 readyto be upgraded to this!

Guest Colossae3.23

Try ticking the 'Disable HW overlays' option in Settings > Developer options. With this ticked I don't get any freezes in Link2SD but without it ticked I get the same issues you describe.

cheers, I did read that about the HW overlays, but I was thinking those people were on about a total freeze up and not just hang up that you could back out of. And, since I didn't have that I never thought to try. Thanks for giving me some understanding. I'll try it

Maybe you should make a thread for your dedicated reviews.....just a suggestion

+1

It would save the development thread getting cluttered up with random videos and people would know where to look if they wanted to view them.

sorry to be so n00bish... but how far has development come with this? last time i was here was 2/3 months ago. Can somebody give me a rough idea what has happened. I cba trawling through all these posts :) i have a G300 readyto be upgraded to this!

Read the first post (obviously) and the last few pages of the thread and it'll give you an idea of where it's at. There's even a post or two summarising the main known issues - not all of which affect all users. Some stuff seems to be a bit random or potentially related to how you install (e.g. clean versus OTA upgrade from CM9, which CWM you use) and what else is installed (e.g. RIL/original stock ROM etc.).

Guest Berkay1343

+1

It would save the development thread getting cluttered up with random videos and people would know where to look if they wanted to view them.

Thats actually a good idea Hmm , i wish i dont sound stupid but how do i create the topic :D , Thanks.

Guest ptsmonteiro

Is anyone experiencing lack of volume control when using the headset during a call?

The volume bar appears and moves correctly but the volume itself doesn't change.

Might not be the most exciting update, but I'll give it anyway.

I was having a lot of probs with these apps and more;

Netflix - Sound playing - no picture

YouTube - No picutre or sound

FilmonTv - Sound but no picture

HandcentSMS - when used with swiftkey was freezing up while typing and not displaying words typed

Tapatalk - having to go into threads 2-3 times before would display posts.

I had originally carried out the OTA update from CM9 v5, but today I carried out a full wipe and update and all the problems have been resolved apart from filmontv but I think it may not be supported for JB as it's now also gone from the market.

Thanks Dazz, I'm going to try to resolve the notification light issue as mentioned in the thread earlier!

Guest pejicgoran

This is very serious problem to me, I only use SIM contacts, and not being able to import them from SIM card, makes it unusable to me. I'm hopping this is going to be fixed.

Try "sim contact" from google play.It works,i try it now.

Edited by pejicgoran

http://www.modaco.co...apps-and-games/ HERES THE LINK TO MY FORUMS FOLLOW IT FOR UPLOAD ALERTS OR BOOKMARK IT THANK YOU bye

Wtf why did you give credit to cyda in the last video in your thread? He had nothing to do with CM anything! It was only Dazzozo and fagulhas. You really need to get your facts right before you post videos. Also, its pronounced dazzOzo not dazzAzo >_>

Guest TangerineTractor

OK, interim solution for TV viewing - the default video player doesn;t seem to work, so install VLC. Then you can use sites like m.tvcatchup.com for streaming TV.

Guest clarkkov

Not sure if this has been posted, but there is a way to make the notification LED work. It is limited, but it does work. Download Light Flow Lite from Play store. Enable it in accessibility menu (it will ask upon install) and then enable Direct mode in app settings. You will get three basic colors and they can only light up, no flashes AFAIK. You can choose the color of a specific notification. Enable it to start on boot and that's it.

Guest Dazzozo

Yeah, the OS refuses to control it because for CM9 we were using the lights HAL used in stock as a blob to get around it being unable to blink.

That HAL didn't change much in Jelly Bean, but it seems to want recompiling nonetheless. Next build should have it working, but not blinking.

In short, Huawei did some really, really really weird stuff with the LED.

Guest clarkkov

Hey Dazz, glad to see you reading feedback. This is not really an issue for me but its nice to have LED working if its easy to fix. I have found out that this app - "LED me know" in google play - can fully controll g300s LED. It has fewer options but it has all colors and blinking intervals fully supported. Maybe contact the dev to see which drivers he is using?

Guest grizzlyflea

Hey Dazz, glad to see you reading feedback. This is not really an issue for me but its nice to have LED working if its easy to fix. I have found out that this app - "LED me know" in google play - can fully controll g300s LED. It has fewer options but it has all colors and blinking intervals fully supported. Maybe contact the dev to see which drivers he is using?

Sounds cool. About to try it out now :)