[JB] [4.1.2] CyanogenMod 10.0 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Don't sync to an online calendar - I like to keep it local on my phone because I like to keep Data access off as I only have a limited amount of usage per month.

Perhaps I could try clearing the data from aCalender but I would need to reinstall CM10 R2 or perhaps using a different app which can be kept seperate from Google (if someone could suggest one).

I have sync turned off and I manually sync when it suits me. I have plenty data but I find Google sync a bit resource hungry. Can't you do the same, and perhaps sync when you have a wifi connection?

I had the same. I flashed b926 using update.app and reflash CM. Then reflased ril. No more reboots.

When updated over ota to R2 reboots reappeared. I reflashed 926 ril and now they are gone.

Excellent, excellent! Thanks for telling me. I will try this later on!

Guest tcpaulh

@tcpaulh

Any chance you could add "not able to select SD card as default storage" to your bug list?

Not sure if its a bug or deliberate, but I'm sure the option was there in CM9.

Cheers!

The SD Card already gets used by android and some apps. Others can be partially moved to sd by going into 'manage apps'. I dont think CM9 ever automatically moved apps to SD card. Happy to be wrong :)

FYI, the bugtracker is unofficial. It may be adopted by Daz and Fagulhas but not sure yet. It's also open so anyone can post issues/updates to it. Usual guidelines apply eg check to see if it's already listed. Provide as much info as possible.

Guest TangerineTractor

I have sync turned off and I manually sync when it suits me. I have plenty data but I find Google sync a bit resource hungry. Can't you do the same, and perhaps sync when you have a wifi connection?

You don't need to use google sync! Set up an activesync account, in JB that means setting it up as an exchange server account... I mentioned this a while ago here... http://www.modaco.com/topic/357058-how-to-get-rid-of-threaded-conversations-in-gmail/

You can then set up that sync to do all your gmail stuff, and use the standard mail client, or turn off mail sync and just use it to sync calendar and/or contacts, and sync your mail in gmail, or use something decent like aquamail over imap.

Guest Boromir45

Unfortunately, I don't have regular access to Wi-Fi at present so I have to rely on sync-ing using my data allowance. So I've disabled sync in the settings for now which is why I liked to keep my calendar on my phone.

I've rolled back to CM9 R5 for the time being and will try sort it after chrimbo.

Cheers.

Guest pepdavies

I can't find the original post but there was an edit for the build prop that would permanently disable HW overlays so we don't have to keep ticking the box after a reboot. it seems to have worked, I haven't had the status bar freeze but I wondered if the option should be ticked by default now or whether that option is disabled. I hope I'm making sense.

Guest mjatkey

All, I'm new to this phone modding but have a problem which I'm sure one of the many experts here will hopefully be able to help me out with.

Any I way brought the Huawei G300 from Vodafone here in Ireland as a present, after reading about it on one of the boards here.

Tried a few different ROMs over the last few weeks and currently have it running on the R1version of JB.

Here's the problem I want to unlock phone to use on other networks so brought the unlock code from Ebay but one I insert another networks SIM I don't get the request to unlock phone only to unlock SIM which then tells me I can't register it on required network.

Is it because I've modded the phone before unlocking it and now need to roll it back to a stock ROM if so which one should I use? Thanks

Guest Colossae3.23

All, I'm new to this phone modding but have a problem which I'm sure one of the many experts here will hopefully be able to help me out with.

Any I way brought the Huawei G300 from Vodafone here in Ireland as a present, after reading about it on one of the boards here.

Tried a few different ROMs over the last few weeks and currently have it running on the R1version of JB.

Here's the problem I want to unlock phone to use on other networks so brought the unlock code from Ebay but one I insert another networks SIM I don't get the request to unlock phone only to unlock SIM which then tells me I can't register it on required network.

Is it because I've modded the phone before unlocking it and now need to roll it back to a stock ROM if so which one should I use? Thanks

yeah that's it. I'm not up on it enough to tell you why or how. Have a search in this topic. Go to the search window and type in something like unlock phone, or something, but search this topic only, cause I'm sure this has been asked and answer numerous time. If in isn't in the CM10 topic, try the CM9 one.

Guest krishang3

Daz can you edit the ro.max.fling_velocity= to 12000 And add ro.min.fling_velocity=8000 under it.

Tested myself, it makes huge improvements to app scrolling. Leaves system scrolling as smooth as before..really benefits app scrolling.

Edited by krishang3

This is what I'd do, though you'll lose all your data (contacts etc - shouldn't be photos, music, but best back up to be sure.):

-Check you have something in your sd card's dload folder

-Turn off your phone, take out the battery, wait 10 seconds, put it in again

-Hold the power button, volume up and volume down until you see a pink bar

-Wait for it to complete

-You're now on stock ROM, and can enter the unlock code

-You can now mod the phone again, the same way you did last time, and flash any custom ROMs you like - the unlock will stay.

Guest apopberz

As an experiment I've flashed the 940 stock RIL from here over CM10 to see if it would resolve the one remaining issue I'm having.

Problem is that moving out of a wifi area the 3G / mobile data does not auto-connect (have to toggle flight mode to reconnect)

It didn't resolve the issue unfortunately.

Is this something that can be fixed with an update to CM10 for the G300 or is it an issue with all variants of CM10?

Guest darthmaul88

As an experiment I've flashed the 940 stock RIL from here http://www.modaco.co...based-ics-roms/ over CM10 to see if it would resolve the one remaining issue I'm having.

Problem is that moving out of a wifi area the 3G / mobile data does not auto-connect (have to toggle flight mode to reconnect)

It didn't resolve the issue unfortunately.

Is this something that can be fixed with an update to CM10 for the G300 or is it an issue with all variants of CM10?

Was your last official update b940?

You have to flash the ril that matches your last official update.

Guest clauscdi

The SD Card already gets used by android and some apps. Others can be partially moved to sd by going into 'manage apps'. I dont think CM9 ever automatically moved apps to SD card. Happy to be wrong :)

FYI, the bugtracker is unofficial. It may be adopted by Daz and Fagulhas but not sure yet. It's also open so anyone can post issues/updates to it. Usual guidelines apply eg check to see if it's already listed. Provide as much info as possible.

Stock camera on CM10 doesn't work because sd card cannot be set to default; is this a bug or is just my phone in particular?

I installed cm10 R2 via updates over R1, no wipes or formats before

Guest precociousmouse

Installing this on a friend's device, but I just have one problem - the gapps zip seems to be bad, and when I try to install it fails. Have tried wiping and reinstalling but no luck. Anyone else had this problem or any possible fixes? Thanks in advance