[JB] [4.1.2] CyanogenMod 10.0 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest TangerineTractor

The problem is, it doesn't work for me when I set it. I haven't changed the build.props, though.

It seems like it doesn't change the check box in settings, but I haven't had any freezes since setting the build.prop. There's a debug.composition.type and a debug.composition.7x27a.type - I set them both to GPU.

how did you did it? have you something change in build.prop?

Barcode scanner apps seem to work if you DON'T disable hw overlays! But then obviously other stuff doesn't work reliably - e.g. notification bar freezes etc.

Guest hippy dave

it's a little thing, but does anyone know how i can stop the cm updater from telling me every day that there's an update (when there isn't)? i tried deleting cm updater's data, not sure what else to try. ta...

Now this phone is really purring for me, with pretty much all of my apps working perfectly and the Led issue sorted!

I do have one major problem still though and it's been there for me since I updated to CM10. If the phone is on for any period of time the call signal disappears completely and I can't make a call unless I reboot the phone. It's a bit of a pain as I use it more as a 'phone' than anything else and I contstantly miss calls and texts as a result.

I have tried toggling wifi but it doesn't change it. The only thing that works is a reboot.

How can i clean the cash in Jelly Bean Rom?? In ICS is an option for this!?

Cache?

Hold the power button and reboot in recovery. Pretty sure there's an option there to wipe the cache if that's what you're looking for.

Guest gbverhoeven

Hey Daz or Fagulhas, can you try add ro.sf.compbypass=0 and change mdp to c2d:

ro.sf.compbypass.enable=0

debug.composition.type=c2d

in the build.prop? Got the idea from Alan here. http://mjanja.co.ke/...mm-adreno-gpus/ I had to use disable HW overlays to get some apps like explosm and xkcd browser to work, but with those two options set in build.prop, they seem to work without needing to set that option in developer settings. Also, can you change
wifi.supplicant.scan.interval=15[/code]

to at least 60. I have used 240 in the past with no ill effects. It just changes how often wifi scans when it is out of range of a known wifi signal. Saves a bit of battery to have it set to at least 60.

In the link you postet i can't find the 2cd change...what is 2cd??

Guest gbverhoeven

Cache?

Hold the power button and reboot in recovery. Pretty sure there's an option there to wipe the cache if that's what you're looking for.

I mean the app cash, in ICS is in app menu an Clean Cash option...

I do have one major problem still though and it's been there for me since I updated to CM10. If the phone is on for any period of time the call signal disappears completely and I can't make a call unless I reboot the phone. It's a bit of a pain as I use it more as a 'phone' than anything else and I contstantly miss calls and texts as a result.

I have tried toggling wifi but it doesn't change it. The only thing that works is a reboot.

I have overlays disabled and it works fine

I have the lost signal problem too, and disabling HW overlays does not make any difference. Also had another little problem recently where i had signal but could not enable data, it toggled in status bar but no data connection i looked under system settings and data was not enabled and would not enable. Had to reboot the phone in order to get data working again.

Still love the rom though and sticking with it as it gets better day to day with all the little fixes :)

I have the lost signal problem too, and disabling HW overlays does not make any difference. Also had another little problem recently where i had signal but could not enable data, it toggled in status bar but no data connection i looked under system settings and data was not enabled and would not enable. Had to reboot the phone in order to get data working again.

Still love the rom though and sticking with it as it gets better day to day with all the little fixes :)

Have you carried out the R2 update yet?

Guest PaulMilbank

In the link you postet i can't find the 2cd change...what is 2cd??

There seems to be three different composition modes, mdp which is standard, c2d and anything else gives you gpu. I don't know what the differences are between them yet, but mdp seems smooth, c2d fixes nothing even though I thought it did and I have not tried gpu yet. May give that a go and see what happens

Going to try gpu as suggested by tangerinefactor:

Guest TangerineTractor

tried switching back to mdp, got freezes straight away. back on gpu and no problems. the other settings on the thread are already in build prop, except for compbypass, which you'd assume if it doesn't exist has the same effect as setting it to zero...

Edited by TangerineTractor

Guest TangerineTractor

Going to try gpu as suggested by tangerinefactor:

I can't take credit for it... it was suggested earlier in the thread... I've just highlighted and verified it works.

That cures a lot of the other issues, but make zero impact on the lost cell signal that I'm getting.

I think that obscuremind was referring to barcode apps. Many people seem to be reporting that they don't work at all. They work for me if hw overlays are enabled but you normally want that disabled to make other stuff more stable. For obscuremind they seem to be working even with hw overlays disabled.

Barcode apps work both ways for me. The camera gets corrupted, same with all non stock camera's I tried. But it captures the image through the spam, and reads bar codes ok through it too.

Wiped to R1. OTA to R2.

Edited by fr0do