[JB] [4.1.2] CyanogenMod 10.0 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest tosattam

Hi Thanks to Daz and All contributing to this forum, got my first custom ROM installed. Feels good, thanks.

Well I experience two problems.

1) The notification bar at top is hanging (getting stuck including the clock time, screen shot to show the differnece in actual and notification bar time) every 5 minutes. Restart make it active for next 5 minutes. Anybody else with same problem or solution.

2) If I download a widget, it is not appearing in the widget list.

Regards,

Sattam

The analogue clock shows 10:0 while the notification bar shows 20:08 :(

post-1002885-0-64784600-1357423252_thumb

Guest Riverlions

Hi,

I've tried to apply Bluetooth audio_policy.conf fix, but now not only headset but even phone calls are routed to loudspeaker, I think I've managed to screw up that file and have no backup. Could someone please upload that file with or without Bluetooth fix. Don't want to re flash.

Big thanks.

I should know better as to fiddle with system files without backing up.

Update: never mind, I restored file with one unzipped from ROM, still having same problem though.

audio_policy_R1.rar

audio_policy_R2.rar

Guest Riverlions

Hi Thanks to Daz and All contributing to this forum, got my first custom ROM installed. Feels good, thanks.

Well I experience two problems.

1) The notification bar at top is hanging (getting stuck including the clock time, screen shot to show the differnece in actual and notification bar time) every 5 minutes. Restart make it active for next 5 minutes. Anybody else with same problem or solution.

2) If I download a widget, it is not appearing in the widget list.

Regards,

Sattam

The analogue clock shows 10:0 while the notification bar shows 20:08 :(

post-26296-0-63002200-1356082569_thumb.png

"/system/build.prop" -> "debug.composition.type=mdp" -> "debug.composition.type=gpu"

2 - widget install to internal sdcard

Edited by Riverlions

Guest Dazzozo

Another issue that I didn't saw mentioned: swiftkey keeps crashing.

Running this now on my test build and it's working properly, so potentially fixed already.

Guest jordanclarke69

"/system/build.prop" -> "debug.composition.type=mdp" -> "debug.composition.type=gpu"

where do you find this setting? or what program do you use? the only 'system' i can find is in settings!

Guest Faelon

where do you find this setting? or what program do you use? the only 'system' i can find is in settings!

Install a file explorer (ES File explorer). Give it root permission. Then browse to the /system/ folder

You will see a file named build.prop. Open that file>edit>Save..... Voila

Note: If you can't save the file then change file read/write permission from properties before editing (Long press on the file will show you the menu)

.......hope this helps.

Guest cas398

Don't mean to be a grinch but I've had too many problems with this rom. Status bar, apps/keyboard freezing, phone restarting, sd automatically unmounting :s just to name a few

Guest peterck
Don't mean to be a grinch but I've had too many problems with this rom. Status bar, apps/keyboard freezing, phone restarting, sd automatically unmounting :s just to name a few
all this is stated before, work is in progress as we speak please just wait for the new release ^_^.

Guest Caglio

Don't use it then. Stop complaining. The package IS clearly labeled "experimental" and all of the problems you've just described have been posted in this topic dozens of times.

I for one am grateful to Dazzozo for cm9 and cm10 and I'm sure those bugs will be fixed in future builds. Furthermore if you had read ANY of this thread you'd see that there is a fix for the notification bar freezes.

The only time I had restarts was cos I tried over clocking which is pointless anyway.

So yeah, use another ROM until this one is stable enough for your liking. Simple. ;)

Edited by Caglio

Guest popoyaya

"Status bar, apps/keyboard freezing"

This is solved with the build.prop edit

"phone restarting"

This is solved by reducing the overclock

"sd automatically unmounting"

Never seen this, faulty sd card?

I'm still having problems with the phone losing cell signal regularly. Seems to happon pretty randomly and none of the fault logs in the thread seem to mention it. The only fix is to restart the phone pretty much every time I want to make a call which as you can imaging is a ball ache!

Anyone else suffering this fault? I'm at the point now where I'm wondering is it a handset issue rather than a rom one!!

Guest Malthus

I'm still having problems with the phone losing cell signal regularly. Seems to happon pretty randomly and none of the fault logs in the thread seem to mention it. The only fix is to restart the phone pretty much every time I want to make a call which as you can imaging is a ball ache!

Anyone else suffering this fault? I'm at the point now where I'm wondering is it a handset issue rather than a rom one!!

This has happened to me but it hasn't been that frequent.

Guest marcars

Dazzozo please tell us when can we expect a new version R3? i am roll back to infusion B7 because this ROM is more stable for me and works all apps.

Edited by marcars

Guest flor90

I have a problem. Tried to modify build.prop "/system/build.prop" -> "debug.composition.type=mdp" -> "debug.composition.type=gpu". I copied the build.prop from system because i could not modify it with the file manager (root acces granted, mount system files as writable) on the sdcard, i modified it then replaced. I restarted my phone and it remained stuck at the Huawei logo, and had to flash CM10 again. What am i doing wrong?

This has happened to me but it hasn't been that frequent.

How oten are you getting it? I'm having it several times a day. OK with an outgoing call as I know about it and just reboot the phone, but I miss loads of calls and am late getting texts as a result. The wife has the same phone and she has no worries so it's not the area we are in or anything like that.

Guest Riverlions

I have a problem. Tried to modify build.prop "/system/build.prop" -> "debug.composition.type=mdp" -> "debug.composition.type=gpu". I copied the build.prop from system because i could not modify it with the file manager (root acces granted, mount system files as writable) on the sdcard, i modified it then replaced. I restarted my phone and it remained stuck at the Huawei logo, and had to flash CM10 again. What am i doing wrong?

in RootExplorer vystovit have file permissions

XX0

X00

X00

for changes in the system files of a folder, you must press the button R \ W -> R \ O

sorry for my english ->translate.google :unsure:

Edited by Riverlions

Guest joestone

I have started to port CM10 for G300 too. I have started it from scratch , you can see the screenshot of my build on a hungarian forum :

http://prohardver.hu..._6737-6749.html

I have some bugs which I want to fix before the first public build.

To fix battery stats frameworks/base/core/res/res/xml/power_profile.xml should be defined in overlay . I used my Nexus S's power_profile.xml.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<!--

** Copyright 2009, The Android Open Source Project

** Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License")

** you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.

** You may obtain a copy of the License at

**	 http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0

** Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software

** distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,

** WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.

** See the License for the specific language governing permissions and

** limitations under the License.

*/

-->

<device name="Android">

<item name="none">0</item>

<item name="screen.on">49</item>

<item name="bluetooth.active">142</item> <!-- In call -->

<item name="bluetooth.on">0.3</item>

<!-- CPU wakelock held for 830ms on bluetooth headset at command. 43mA * 830 -->

<item name="bluetooth.at">35690</item>

<item name="screen.full">260</item>

<item name="wifi.on">4</item>

<item name="wifi.active">120</item>

<item name="wifi.scan">220</item>

<item name="dsp.audio">88</item>

<item name="dsp.video">88</item>

<item name="radio.active">185</item>

<item name="gps.on">50</item>

<item name="battery.capacity">1500</item>

<item name="radio.scanning">88</item>

<array name="radio.on"> <!-- Strength 0 to BINS-1 -->

<value>3.4</value>

<value>3.4</value>

</array>

<array name="cpu.speeds">

<value>122880</value>

<value>245760</value>

<value>480000</value>

<value>600000</value>

<value>1008000</value>

</array>

<!-- Power consumption in suspend -->

<item name="cpu.idle">1.4</item>

<!-- Power consumption due to wake lock held -->

<item name="cpu.awake">44</item>

<!-- Power consumption at different speeds -->

<array name="cpu.active">

<value>55.4</value>

<value>82.1</value>

<value>113.7</value>

<value>205.4</value>

<value>259.0</value>

</array>

</device>

Sorry for the offtopic , I know its Dazzozo's thread.

Guest Dazzozo

Fixing the stats is easy, but it's important you feed that file correct information. It's better to have no stats until the best values can be found for it.

What's the point in two CM10s btw? Sounds a little like reinventing the wheel to me... :P

Guest flor90

in RootExplorer vystovit have file permissions

XX0

X00

X00

for changes in the system files of a folder, you must press the button R \ W -> R \ O

sorry for my english ->translate.google :unsure:

I use file manager, and in settings, at the bottom of the page i marked root explorer, and mount system folders, and i still cannot modify it