[JB] [4.1.2] CyanogenMod 10.0 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Formiak

Hello

I have bought this phone yesterday and give this rom a try. I found a bug that occurs when you want to scroll in apps like facebook , browser. So far I know it is scroll bug and it can be repaired with just slight modification of framework.jar , will try to find exactly what to change cause I forgot ( had the same bug on some other phone). Disabling hw overlays seems to reapair the bug with freezing notification bar so far.

Great job :)

Guest sssingletrack
link no worky

Beaten to it.

They could be the same, I noticed an improvement although it might be a placebo, I haven't done any bench marks for before or after.

Edited by sssingletrack

Guest priortak

Hi,

for some reason I can't set a song to be a ringtone. I can only get the preset list of ringtones that came with the rom.

if I place the song in the notification folder, it adds to the notification tone list, but it doesn't happen with the ringtones folder.

any help?

Is really nobody experiencing force close with browser or other apps when try to scroll ? Is it just me ?

This is a common problem. Hopefully it will be fixed in r3

Hey Dazzozo. When can we a new version R3 expected?

What does that mean? Do you just want something called R3 and anything will do?

I used to use a change management system called aegis. Each commit had a coded runtime test that the previous build failed but the new build passed. This proved the feature was implemented or bug fixed. It also meant the committed baseline always worked.

If anyone came along demanding a release it was easy to do and also a simple matter to show what features they would get which was less than what they wanted

If they wanted certain features released NOW it was simple to show that they would get s broken build.

Daz can do a release every day but it will not satisfy because its not what you really want.

You really want fixes and features and the only answer is: when Daz is ready.

It takes a lot of doing before one gets to the do or not do stage (otherwise known as the decision to release) - I think NASA call it go it no-go.

If you push for an early decision it is always no-go.

Edited by samjam

To be clear it is an instance of the Turing halting problem.

In computing often the only way to answer "how long?" is "wait and see"

Daz work is creative work, research and development, not production of a standard widget.

We can ask "how long before people understand this?" and that question is just as hard to answer

Guest krishang3

I never had problems installing this in any cwm but ota won't work so for ota use the cm cwm which allows ota updating... but you must have done something wrong.

Guest bluecjh

Overclocking?

I find this ROM amazing. Very fast. Issues? None for me, that I haven't already seen documented here. The odd freezing with the browser and lack of an FM phone (FM radio version 2.1 doesn't work for me.)

Wishes: Can anyone provide some guidance as to appropriate over clocking settings? Which CPU governor (and maybe why?) etc...

Love the CM wallpapers (the visual component is very important to me,) but then I find the standard google icons a bit childlike set against a subtle or artistic wallpaper. I'd love some inspired icons. Like oriental. Use of gold. Something arabic in flavor.

Great ROM.