[JB] [4.1.2] CyanogenMod 10.0 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest intensedarkness

Yes, i have done a full wipe.

I edited my post after your answer:

"Also, check if you don't have the decoder S/W enable at the same time..." :)

Okay. Thanks for your contribution and clear explanation. I will check if I "don't have the decoder S/W enable at the same time"

Guest dudleygb

Exactly what happens when you try to make a call? Have you tried battery pull, wait 10 secs, then reboot?

Did you try making a call on stock B952?

Did you wipe/factory reset before installing rom?

Did you install CWM version suggested in the first post of this thread?

Yes did all that, when I try make a call, it says mobile service not found, basically no network connectivity to my ISP.

I did just notice though that if I select 'only 2G networks' then it all works fine....something is stopping the 3G/HSDPA from working. Sound familiar by any chance?

Guest hekkr000

Hello,

Do you think it is possible to flash this ROM into a ZTE Blade III?

As far as I can see, the hardware specification is the same, except that Blade doesn't have a LED Flash and it has less colored display.

(http://www.gsmarena....3&idPhone2=4594)

Is it worth a try? Could it do any damage to the phone? (Beside that if it doesn't work I need to flash back the current rom)

Thanks for your help, and sorry for my bad english.

Edited by hekkr000

Guest hekkr000

Well, I think boot loop is not a big problem if I can still use my recovery or just set everything back by ADB. Or there is something else that could happen? I could still reach my recovery and reinstall my current ROM, couldn't I?

Guest DJPRMF

Well, I think boot loop is not a big problem if I can still use my recovery or just set everything back by ADB. Or there is something else that could happen? I could still reach my recovery and reinstall my current ROM, couldn't I?

Why don't you try a ZTE ROM?

http://www.modaco.co...-customisation/

It's more simple and avoid problems. :)

May or may not work. Just testing...

But i don't think so...

Edited by DJPRMF

Guest Caglio

Yes you could permanently brick your phone. As I said, the specs may be similar but they are still entirely different. It won't work.

It's not worth the risk mate :)

Edited by Caglio

Guest hekkr000

Why don't you try a ZTE ROM?

http://www.modaco.co...-customisation/

It's more simple and avoid problems. :)

May or may not work. Just testing...

But i don't think so...

I think this one is more likely to work, the Blade I spec is way more different than this one.

Yes you could permanently brick your phone. As I said, the specs may be similar but they are still entirely different. It won't work.

It's not worth the risk mate :)

How could it brick permanently, the rom is only the software of the phone and I can replace that anytime if I can get access to it, even if I format the whole rom, I can reinstall it using recovery or ADB.

I can't see the problem, but if there is anything that overwrites the recovery or make some irreversible change then I want to know about it.

Guest DJPRMF

The install of the ROM doesn't change the recovery...

But, even if you can flash the ROM, the screen is diffrent. Also, amny others "details" are diffrent and can influence....

And is more simple flash/work with a ROM created for a different device instead of a ROM created for THAT device? Sorry, but that doesn't make sense. :P

Edited by DJPRMF

Guest hekkr000

The install of the ROM doesn't change the recovery...

But, even if you can flash the ROM, the screen is diffrent. Also, amny others "details" are diffrent and can influence....

And is more simple flash/work with a ROM created for a different device instead of a ROM created for THAT device? Sorry, but that doesn't make sense. :P

I think there is some misunderstanding, I have a ZTE Blade III (3), not a ZTE Blade (1).

Yeah, I know about the screen difference, but what is the worst that could happen? Bootloop? Not working display? Or it could overwrite some kind of serious partition that it shouldn't?

I'm thinking about the partitions are could be different (I read this somewhere), so it could install files to bad partitions, it could be a problem? Or I could still restore it, if that happens?

Guest Caglio

You asked for advice. We're giving you advice. If you don't like the answers then go ahead and try it but it won't work and we have warned you that it could damage your phone.

Guest hekkr000

You asked for advice. We're giving you advice. If you don't like the answers then go ahead and try it but it won't work and we have warned you that it could damage your phone.

Yes, and I'm thankful for your answers, but I'm that kind of person who wants to know the whys as well, and trying to find answers to what could happen.

Edited by hekkr000

Guest Caglio

The why's are pretty obvious to be fair. Different devices have different hardware. It's not a case of " just cos the specs saree the same it'll work" they have entirely different internals. Different drivers running said internals. It just won't work mate. They are entirely different phones.

Guest hekkr000

The why's are pretty obvious to be fair. Different devices have different hardware. It's not a case of " just cos the specs saree the same it'll work" they have entirely different internals. Different drivers running said internals. It just won't work mate. They are entirely different phones.

The chipset is completely the same, CPU, GPU is the same as well, the only difference is the display, and I believe there is a little bit of chance that it will work.

But you completely missed my point. I want to know that, what is going to happen if I flash it and it's not working. Can I just wipe it out and flash the old one back? Or does it gonna make anything that is not reversible? (Brick is a broad concept)

So anyone who knows how android phones handles the partitions and what is going to happen if an incompatible display driver tries to load? (I know it wouldn't be a problem on a PC, but what about a phone???)

Edited by hekkr000

Guest Dazzozo

The chipset is completely the same, CPU, GPU is the same as well, the only difference is the display, and I believe there is a little bit of chance that it will work.

But you completely missed my point. I want to know that, what is going to happen if I flash it and it's not working. Can I just wipe it out and flash the old one back? Or does it gonna make anything that is not reversible? (Brick is a broad concept)

So anyone who knows how android phones handles the partitions and what is going to happen if an incompatible display driver tries to load? (I know it wouldn't be a problem on a PC, but what about a phone???)

There is basically no chance. For instance, we cannot boot standard msm7x27a CAF kernels. We require some modifications.

Guest hekkr000

I see, what if i use your CM9 and copy the libs from my stock ICS to that rom, and delete the boot img from the zip (and let the current one). Does it gonna work? Or I still require to do something else? I would really appreciate if your could help me with that, because currently Blade III has no developers and I think a lot of people would like to use at least a ported CM.

(Sorry, I know it's not the best topic for it, but please help, we could continue it in private if you choose to help, thanks!)

Edited by hekkr000

Guest Dazzozo

If the Blade III has only received ics then the vsync handling won't be available in the kernel which is required by our hwcomposer. You'd be better off attempting that kind of thing with CM9, but I'm not the right person to ask about a WinZip port.

Guest NeburG300

Hi guys, I've tried this rom and at start I stayed stunned with it's performance and smoothness, but after a few hours of using this great rom my G300 didn't recognized anymore the ext sd card (emmc) and has a result either one or the other, the sd card and the emmc, had the same content... size and files within... ???

I manage to resolve that unmounting and remounting the sd card, and solved the problem.

After that, hours later, at work, when I tried to make a phone call the icon / shortcut ceased to function, and the message icon crashed all the time??? That happened after I change the resolution of the camera to 800x480... but I'm absolutely sure that I just modified those fields and none less...

I decided to switch back to the rom that was using before that until now offered me more stability through the recovery back up (Infusion B07), my salvation ;)

If can anybody enlighten me it would be great.

Thanks for all this great and awesome work Daz!!!

Guest DJPRMF

Hi guys, I've tried this rom and at start I stayed stunned with it's performance and smoothness, but after a few hours of using this great rom my G300 didn't recognized anymore the ext sd card (emmc) and has a result either one or the other, the sd card and the emmc, had the same content... size and files within... ???

I manage to resolve that unmounting and remounting the sd card, and solved the problem.

After that, hours later, at work, when I tried to make a phone call the icon / shortcut ceased to function, and the message icon crashed all the time??? That happened after I change the resolution of the camera to 800x480... but I'm absolutely sure that I just modified those fields and none less...

I decided to switch back to the rom that was using before that until now offered me more stability through the recovery back up (Infusion B07), my salvation ;)

If can anybody enlighten me it would be great.

Thanks for all this great and awesome work Daz!!!

Check these links:

The last one is by my experience...

Guest gbverhoeven

I try the last version of ShenduOS version from 28-12-12, (4.1.2) i say wow...all is working! No lag 2G / 3G is working the notification light works perfect!! (Flashing) Daz.. why do you not build a release based on this version?

Edited by gbverhoeven

Guest marcars

i will try this ShenduOS. Here you can find the last version here: http://pan.baidu.com...5&uk=3926100596 and choose ShenDu-U8818.

after install:

• facebook works fine
  • no notification bar freeze - works good
  • led blinking - work good:)
  • GPS Works
  • barcode scanner works
  • panorama photo works fine (only by making photo preview have got a small bugs)

Edited by marcars

Main bugs noticed after a week of extensive using , on clean install (compared to infusion b 07):

- no 2g connection where on b 07 are 2-4 bars constantly

- problems with GPS locking

- automatic brightness doesn't work

- LED sometimes doesn't work

- video playback (eg.movies recorded with stock camera) stutters, dysfunctional

- too loud, distorted sound during phone call

Sadly, went back to Infusion b 07...

Edited by cazad