Recommend me most stable rom for non-techie G300 user

Guest nevdroid

Guest nevdroid

We have 2 G300s in the family (my fiancees and father in law).

Father in laws will be a pressie for Christmas, so im eager to set it all up for him before hand.

Its recently received the ICS OTA update that a lot of people complained to Vodafone about (think it was insecure in ways and also had many bugs).

I would like to install a nice clean stable ROM, that will give my father in law the minimum of issues and offer maximum stability.

Can you please recommend one for me?

Also a link to a guide to do it would be great too, Thanks

Guest steveuk23

Hi

Are you wanting a custom rom you mean?

I put my very first custom rom on last week and it's running great.

Go back to the previous page and look for the sticky thread that says rom ics infusion and on the first post you will see a download link to the latest version b07

Download that and then go back to the first page and look for the guide explained like you 5 and click on the link that says about installing a custom rom

I followed that and it worked great

Make sure you download all the official updates through your phone first.

You might have to download one update and restart phone for it to show another update

Good luck

Guest nevdroid

Thanks.

I did look in the Infusion thread before making this one, has had done a bit of research before hand.

It seems that the Infusion ROM has problems though with dialler etc. :/

Thanks.

I did look in the Infusion thread before making this one, has had done a bit of research before hand.

It seems that the Infusion ROM has problems though with dialler etc. :/

there is no problem at all with the dallier... its stock AOSP with the T9 function, better than the Vodafone one in my opinion... same as CM9 / 10 / AOKP etc..

and any other problems are found in all stock based roms, and only affect some people,

so its best to just try the roms your self and make your own opinion on them

it all works fine for me, and the majority of the users

Guest nevdroid

Cheers Tillaz... hope your not taking my comments as unfair criticism I know your Infusion ROM is recommended by lots of people. Im just trying to use a ROM that will give me the least amount of headaches as illl be the one that sorts out any problems with the phone ;)

Would you recommend that B06 would be better to run in my case?

Thanks

Cheers Tillaz... hope your not taking my comments as unfair criticism I know your Infusion ROM is recommended by lots of people. Im just trying to use a ROM that will give me the least amount of headaches as illl be the one that sorts out any problems with the phone wink.png

Would you recommend that B06 would be better to run in my case?

Thanks

B06 works perfect for me so yeah, i would recommend B06 rather than 7,

Guest steveuk23

Don't know what the trouble is with the dialer seems fine to me

What's the problem that some people have?

Only thing I don't like with any ics is I can't get the app icons to display notifications like the number 1 for 1 new message

Don't know what the trouble is with the dialer seems fine to me

What's the problem that some people have?

Only thing I don't like with any ics is I can't get the app icons to display notifications like the number 1 for 1 new message

Install Holo notifier (I do not know does work without Holo launcher) and you will have notifications with numbers on app in dock.

I agree, if you really want stability, stick with Gingerbread. It is the most stable rom, and is pretty good performance-wise. Some ICS rom's perform better but they are unstable. You might get caller ID lag, random reboots, sluggish animations, and a whole load of other crap.

Guest TangerineTractor

No stability isuses with any of the stock ics, I'd personally say go for stock+ 952 based, runs with no issues. If you want "unbranded", then the Stock 948 is good if you don't "trust" 952 based roms.

The CM roms are too new to be considered... but I wouldn't dream of going to gingerbread, and I personally can't understand why people are saying it's more stable or smoother than ICS.

id say go for voda 952, that's what im on, I havnt tried the new cm10, but listening to users i would probably wait until some of the issues are resolved before trying. i am more than happy with the 952, no problems.