[OFFTOPIC] China Phone Discussion - UPDATED 30/10/2013

Guest kyan31

Guest Frankish

2000mah is rubbish for a 5" FHD 1.5ghz phone. My w200 has 1800mah with same processor etc just a 720p screen and it struggles to hit 3 hours of screen on time.

My next phone unless it's the Nexus 4 or 5 will need to have at least a 2500mah battery.

Guest apple2005

I was telling people to buy ZTE v987, didn`t I?

:P

BTW - it is only $202 at Pandawill (with $20 discount coupon).

I bought zte 967s yesterday from a shop by $132 with 4GB SD card.

Speaking of chinese phones

did any one of you find some decent

cheap chinese BT headphones?

been looking for a similar thing my self, preferably rechargeable.

loads on ebay not sure how good they will be though  http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_sop=2&_nkw=bluetooth+headphones&LH_PrefLoc=2&LH_BIN=1 but your well protected on ebay if there crapy.

I've been look at these ones, but not sure...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bluetooth-Stereo-Kopfhorer-Headset-Ohrhorer-FM-TF-Karte-Slot-fur-Handy-Computer-/151148850259?pt=Kopfh%C3%B6rer&hash=item23312c6c53

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-4-ColorsWireless-Stereo-Bluetooth-HEADPHONE-HEADSET-Wholesale-Range-32-feet-/200965101540?pt=US_Headphones&var=&hash=item2eca7417e4

Guest bladebuddy

2000mah is rubbish for a 5" FHD 1.5ghz phone. My w200 has 1800mah with same processor etc just a 720p screen and it struggles to hit 3 hours of screen on time.

My next phone unless it's the Nexus 4 or 5 will need to have at least a 2500mah battery.

Just got a nexus 4 and to be truthful the battery ain't all that . The phone itself is excellent. Hoping I can find a kernel to fix it but solo much choice its mind boggaling . J

Just got a nexus 4 and to be truthful the battery ain't all that . The phone itself is excellent. Hoping I can find a kernel to fix it but solo much choice its mind boggaling . J

how much you pay for it?

franco kernel is probably the best.. and use trickster mod from the market to enable contrasty colour calibration    

Guest bladebuddy

190 second hand but mint 16gb, have been reading good things about franco kernel but the phone has been updated to the latest 4.3 and the franco kernel is for 4.2 unless I am mistaken. Also looked at the franco app but unsure what the free and paid versions offer so any help with rom and kernel choice appreciated ,will check out the trickster mod though and carry on reading to make sure I am good to go for the kitkat relese at the end of the month. Cheers j.

190 second hand but mint 16gb, have been reading good things about franco kernel but the phone has been updated to the latest 4.3 and the franco kernel is for 4.2 unless I am mistaken. Also looked at the franco app but unsure what the free and paid versions offer so any help with rom and kernel choice appreciated ,will check out the trickster mod though and carry on reading to make sure I am good to go for the kitkat relese at the end of the month. Cheers j.

i think the best rom for the N4 is this here, (4.3.1) i would not use a custom kernel with this as the one included is great.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2146879

its has everything from everywhere, including PA's contrasty values applied to the kernel so colours look amazing (like AMOLED)

and it all fully works since its built for a Nexus 4  :)

franco kernel is here,

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2002782

franco kernel 4.3 nightly's, i would not bother with his app, trickster mod has more features and its free

http://minooch.com/franciscofranco/Nexus4/4.3/zips/

Guest Frankish

I really want an N4 now my friend isn't selling his until the N5 arrives so i'm IMPATIENT!!

And it's also annoying that G Play list the 16GB N4 for £199 yet it's not available they are going for more than that second hand on eBay!

Hmm G PLay...

"We are out of stock. Please check back soon."...

If i do get a nexus i will need to sell my W200 on...not sure how much or who to. People putting them on eBay for £160! I'd be happy to recover the £130 i paid for it.

Edited by Frankish

Guest apple2005

We are leaving Korean phones and heading for some interesting chinese earphones:

:)

High quality earphones Soundmagic ES18

I ordered Xiaomi piston earphones few days back from a shop on aliexpress. It is being shipped now...It is 13.24 dollars and have good reviews...I was searching for good earphones with mic and volume controls for long time but ultimately settled on it...Anybody here who is using this earphones?

Just got my Cube talk 5H and I'm very impressed with it. Loads of roms for it but for now I'm sticking with

the factory rom. But now I hit a problem with flash tools  :(

If I use the version that was in the rar file I get a "Access Violation at address 005DA542 in module  blah blah"

and when I use another version I get "Incorrect scatter file format"  GGrrrrrr I have downloaded it 3 times today

with the same error.

Anyone got a clue what they mean or know of a fix?

Guest Frankish

I got the invalid scatter file error for some reason with my Xiaocai X9 so i downloaded a scatter file that matched my chipset from elsewhere and it worked that time. Strange eh?

Is yours an MTK6589 4GB ROM phone?

EDIT:

The flashtools you downloaded are all the folders/files in english naming or do they contain foreign characters? Try renaming the folders to all english and try again.

Edited by Frankish

I got the invalid scatter file error for some reason with my Xiaocai X9 so i downloaded a scatter file that matched my chipset from elsewhere and it worked that time. Strange eh?

Is yours an MTK6589 4GB ROM phone?

EDIT:

The flashtools you downloaded are all the folders/files in english naming or do they contain foreign characters? Try renaming the folders to all english and try again.

Yep had to rename them to english  :) thanks dude..

Loving this phone so far better then my i2000 I had.

I really want an N4 now my friend isn't selling his until the N5 arrives so i'm IMPATIENT!!

And it's also annoying that G Play list the 16GB N4 for £199 yet it's not available they are going for more than that second hand on eBay!

Hmm G PLay...

"We are out of stock. Please check back soon."...

If i do get a nexus i will need to sell my W200 on...not sure how much or who to. People putting them on eBay for £160! I'd be happy to recover the £130 i paid for it.

since we know the 16GB Nexus 5 will be $349.99 it could (but i doubt) only be £216 in the uk, if it converts straight from dollars to pounds.

supposedly it will be announced on 28th or 31th. 

there is also a chance they will actually restock the N4, as until recently it just said

"sorry we are out of inventory"   then changed to "coming soon" and now its changed again to the above. 

Guest Frankish

since we know the 16GB Nexus 5 will be $349.99 it could (but i doubt) only be £216 in the uk, if it converts straight from dollars to pounds.

supposedly it will be announced on 28th or 31th. 

there is also a chance they will actually restock the N4, as until recently it just said

"sorry we are out of inventory"   then changed to "coming soon" and now its changed again to the above. 

Yeah i saw the coming soon which would be nice for them to keep selling it but then naturally the N5 would have to be around the £300 mark. Otherwise 16gb N4 for £199 or pay and extra £17 for a 16gb N5? That just doesn't make sense.

They won't straight convert the price they didn't with the N4 after all did they. Nexus 4 was $349 at launch for 16gb model. Which ould be £215.78. N4 launched in uk at £280 i think for 16gb?

Edited by Frankish

Oh for poop sake. I've installed Cube's own version CWM and it's very good with menu ect

flashed a MIUI rom all went great..but I got no Fing google play store  nickers   :)

(here I go again) Does anyone know where I may get a zip file for playstore ect

my phone is a Cube Talk 5H MT6589.

Yeah i saw the coming soon which would be nice for them to keep selling it but then naturally the N5 would have to be around the £300 mark. Otherwise 16gb N4 for £199 or pay and extra £17 for a 16gb N5? That just doesn't make sense.

They won't straight convert the price they didn't with the N4 after all did they. Nexus 4 was $349 at launch for 16gb model. Which ould be £215.78. N4 launched in uk at £280 i think for 16gb?

its a rip off... should be converted from the exchange rate, they also charge £9 delivery, which is daft  :(