[OFFTOPIC] China Phone Discussion - UPDATED 30/10/2013

Guest kyan31

Guest Velimir123

In my usage, the problems are mostly a bit of glitchiness from time to time. Specifically, the phone gets worryingly hot in use (especially playing games) with the stock ROM. With the odd hacky third-party ROM available (Lewa OS, specifically), the heat situation is not as pronounced which would indicate that the issue is as much about bugs in the ROM as anything else. My memory card has recently died as the phone kept reporting it was being unmounted then remounted but this could be the fault of the card, I suppose. It worked fine in my previous phone, however. The accuracy of the battery reading is not very good and, on occasion, I've looked at my phone in the morning to find it has 'apparently' lost charge of around 50% and gone flat. The next night, the battery claims it has only lost 5 or 6% charge when left for the same amount of time. Apps randomly force close on occasion (possibly because of the heat issue?) and I've had SMS messages refuse to send a few times. I generally get around this by wiping the data for the messaging app and rebooting. That seems to work. Another point is that the second SIM often doesn't seem to have any connection showing. A good signal area here where I live so that shouldn't be occurring, not that I've really needed to use this backup SIM!

All in all, the ROM (released back in August) is distinctly lacking in polish. An Android 4.2 ROM update has been promised by FAEA but they are less than forthcoming as to when this will become available and I'm rather doubtful, to tell the truth!

I also have F1, but none of this bugs, I have newest (stock) ROM.
About getting worryingly hot, I think You should get new ROM, because in old ROM frequency was locked to 1.2 GHz on all cores.
Result was high battery drain and overheating. I also have SD card and it's normaly working, battery lasts a day, but if not frequently used two days. 
I noticed only one bug: when I 'm talking on sim (sim in slot 1) sim 2 loses signal for short time.
And one lack: dust, phone is full of dust. And it isn't used in dusty environment,It has no distance on back cover.
I think dust comes in on other holes (camera, microusb,speaker...)

@dakok : Did you get your phone zte v967s yet? From where you bought it and how much? I bought from a shop in aliexpress for 132 dollars with 4 gb card but has to cancel the order due to the shop telling lies to me that it was in stock. In fact it wasn't. Now I want to buy from somewhere else. Where is the cheapest? Thanks.

From what I was reading recently it seems that

nobody has it in stock at present. Factory isn't

able to get enough screens for huge sale demands.

I bought two v967s for friends. First one at

antelife almost a month ago for $127. Due to

battery transport problems it was sent ten days

ago over SG Post.

Another one was bought at Banggood for $124

about ten days ago. It travels by PostNord from

Sweden.

Still waiting for both phones. Not much info on

tracking websites.

Yesterday I bought Hisiki G2 at Pandawill for

$71 (coupon: Merry2013).

Maybe not a smart move, but phone seems to be

nice and the price in China is not under $160

anywhere. I may easily sell it or give as a present.

:)

Besides those shops, you may look at minideal

and focalprice.

Avoid antelife, I have an impression they they

deal with, let's say, thousands of customers with

only one employee.

RE: Antelife, although their "system" allowed me to order a phone that was then "out of stock" they have replied positively to all my emails within at least 12 hours of sending them, sometimes within half and hour, depending on when I sent them and the time zone difference. It was no hassle to get them to send a full refund  (although they have said it will take 1-2 days to process, so not actually got the paypal refund yet).

Maybe its because I'm dealing with the "Sales" department rather than "Customer Service", but that would hold true for most companies in the world.

Guest apple2005

Thanks dakok. Do you think that focalprice.com is valid shop. Although I placed an order for neken6 from them few days back and they told me that they have already dispatched. Why I am doubtful is because I wanted to go to their site by my laptop. I got a red light warning from antivirus. Anyway I went to the site but another warning from WOT that the site is suspicious. I wanted to browse by my mobile. It is unreachable from mobile. I tried all available browsers but can't find focalprice. I am able to browse from my tablet. That's why I am suspicious... Will anybody confirm this behaviour of focalprice...

I will try to see Hiseki... Anyway thanks for your suggestions...

Thanks dakok. Do you think that focalprice.com is valid shop. Although I placed an order for neken6 from them few days back and they told me that they have already dispatched. Why I am doubtful is because I wanted to go to their site by my laptop. I got a red light warning from antivirus. Anyway I went to the site but another warning from WOT that the site is suspicious. I wanted to browse by my mobile. It is unreachable from mobile. I tried all available browsers but can't find focalprice. I am able to browse from my tablet. That's why I am suspicious... Will anybody confirm this behaviour of focalprice...

I will try to see Hiseki... Anyway thanks for your suggestions...

I can browse to Focalprice.com on my windows 7 laptop using Chrome. The  Hisiki G2 is not listed on there though, its on Pandawill.com

Guest apple2005

I can browse to Focalprice.com on my windows 7 laptop using Chrome. The Hisiki G2 is not listed on there though, its on Pandawill.com

Thanks rob4x4 for your reply. I can browse also from my Windows 7 laptop but I got a strong warning from mcafe antivirus. Also a warning from WOT... ALSO I CANNOT BROWSE FROM MY MOBILE... All these made me suspicious.

Guest ThanasisK

Hello guys. I am looking to buy a chinese smartphone as a gift for a friend of mine. Can anyone suggest anything with a 100 euro max price? The specs I was looking for are 4-4.5 inch screen, preferrably with a dual core or quad core processor, to use for watching films, browsing and some games, and rom support if possible. I was thinking about something like this http://www.geekbuying.com/item/lenovo-A706-4-5-Inch-IPS-Retina-Screen-MSM8225Q-1-2GHz-Quad-Core-Smart-Phone-1GB-RAM-4GB-ROM-Android-4-1-OS-GPS-3G-White-317882.html or this  http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Lenovo-Lephone-A800-4-5-Inch-IPS-Screen-MTK6577-Duar-Core-Android-4-0-OS--Smart-Phone-with-3G-GPS--Black-312681.html  but I'd like some other suggestions as well (or feedback about these phones if possible). Hope I'm not asking for too much :)

Guest Rico_89

I think we need to be a little more light hearted here, complaining about going off topic in an off topic thread? Lol

Mentioning alternatives is how you discuss most things in a forum no matter what the discussion is about. I would encourage others to mention alternative, good value phones, that can be purchased locally so we can compare the value and relevancy of buying a phone from China.

Personally I hope the next time I need to buy a phone the Nexus 5 will be closer to £200, that said I’m still interested in phones from China because you get such high specs for such a low cost.

I had a quick look and I don’t see any octacore devices yet. Honestly I can’t see how a phone can run any faster than the quadcore I’m running now, but I was hoping to start seeing a large price drop in a lot of qaudcaore phones from China and the UK. Any news on when we will see phones in China with eight cores?

Guest blaster99999

Ive just recieved my first zte v967s from merimobiles, ordered on the 05.10.13 , just a warning to others i had to pay import duty on this phone and was told by the sorting office customs are clamping down now on paying import duty, the courier used was singapore post. I didnt bother with paying for root option , i have now rooted, installedd cwm and installed max flavour slim 3.4 rom, cracjing quad core phone for price. Ive just had tracking number for my second zte v967s updated on merimobiles.

root/cwm/rom install

1. copy recovery 6044.img / framaroot 1.6.1.apk/ mobileuncle.apk/ max 3.4 rom.zip/gapps.zip to root of sd card

2. install framaroot.apk / run app this roots the phone

3.install mobileuncle.apk / run app choose update recovery and choose recovery 6044 file

4. boot into recovery up vol and power

5.choose factory wipe/then wipe cashe/then advanced wipe dalvik/ then install from sdcard/choose the rom you require to install/ then install gapps/ restart phone all done.

Edited by blaster99999

Been looking here for some time for a "best buy" upgrade for my G300. Almost bought a couple of times but have until now delayed due to occasional reports of minor faults in some phones received, plus long delivery times & the prospect of bigger / better / cheaper phones  (octacore/ MTK 6592 or 6588 chips/ Xiaomi Hongmi/ Nexus5) coming soon.

N'way - fwiw I've always seen this as a best buy / bargain phone topic regardless of source & I'd like to thank all contributors.  Today I decided to pay a (quite :unsure: ) a bit more than originally intended & ordered a Nexus5.  Reasons - cordless charging, latest operating system - always, 4G, easy to sort any issues & I'll have it tomorrow :) 

I've got a feeling I'll still be fancying a few china phones coming soon tho lol

Btw for those in UK if you go to CPW via TCB there's £3.50 cashback & then CPW are giving a £50 "experience" voucher as well.  So the way I sold it to myself is £295 less £53.50 = Nexus5 for £241.50.  Not bad eh!    

Edited by Titas

I'm selling my W200. Don't know whether to go eBay, gumtree as it isn't very well known. Perfect condition so I'm sure someone would pay a good amount to avoid waiting for shipping etc.

Not sure where we stand on buying Chinese phones with the whole battery thing going on?

Put it up on ebay, I will keep an eye out for it!!!

Guest george109

Double post! :wacko:

Anyway I might as well use this one to share another promo code for Merimobiles:

Early shoppers discount for Christmas 2013.

Get 5% off all purchases over $150 this week! 
Enter code: Vettel

Edited by george109

Been looking here for some time for a "best buy" upgrade for my G300. Almost bought a couple of times but have until now delayed due to occasional reports of minor faults in some phones received, plus long delivery times & the prospect of bigger / better / cheaper phones  (octacore/ MTK 6592 or 6588 chips/ Xiaomi Hongmi/ Nexus5) coming soon.

N'way - fwiw I've always seen this as a best buy / bargain phone topic regardless of source & I'd like to thank all contributors.  Today I decided to pay a (quite :unsure: ) a bit more than originally intended & ordered a Nexus5.  Reasons - cordless charging, latest operating system - always, 4G, easy to sort any issues & I'll have it tomorrow :) 

I've got a feeling I'll still be fancying a few china phones coming soon tho lol

Btw for those in UK if you go to CPW via TCB there's £3.50 cashback & then CPW are giving a £50 "experience" voucher as well.  So the way I sold it to myself is £295 less £53.50 = Nexus5 for £241.50.  Not bad eh!    

sweet, getting it here is actually cheaper anyway as it has free delivery (Google charge £9.99)

Guest Frankish

Ok will do. Just got my brand new flip case today too! Shame as it's really nice. Replaces the full back cover as it is a galaxy style flip case...like a book.

Should I go buy it now? Or just auction style?!

Guest Ironandroid

some posts ago there was a question on the quality of focalprice. I am experiencing a tough transaction with them but as it is still in progress i am holding back my verdict . As soon as it ends i would like to share it with you all

i think we will see a load of new low end china phones running 4.4 as its configured to run good on only 512MB RAM

and i would Imagen the new high end MTK6592 will also ship with 4.4.1  :)

Received full refund back to paypal today from Antelife.com, 1 day after they said they would process it. So far in my experience their customer service seems pretty good.

RE: Antelife, although ....

Maybe its because I'm dealing with the "Sales" department rather than "Customer Service", but that would hold true for most companies in the world.

Which e-mail did you use?

I didn`t have great experience with their CS e-mail.

First thoughts on my Tronsmart TS7   1/8Gb. 

I have converted it to a Cubot One by flashing a stock ROM. There were no Tronsmart badges on it anywhere.

It is fast with no lag at all. Battery life is extraordinary. Looking at it now (2040hrs) it is at 65% where normally my S3 would be looking for a charger. I normally charge overnight so 100% first thing in the morning.

There are a couple of MIUI ROM's available so will try them soon.

First thoughts on my Tronsmart TS7   1/8Gb. 

I have converted it to a Cubot One by flashing a stock ROM. There were no Tronsmart badges on it anywhere.

It is fast with no lag at all. Battery life is extraordinary. Looking at it now (2040hrs) it is at 65% where normally my S3 would be looking for a charger. I normally charge overnight so 100% first thing in the morning.

There are a couple of MIUI ROM's available so will try them soon.

Whats the GPS and the camera like on it?