[OFFTOPIC] China Phone Discussion - UPDATED 30/10/2013

Guest kyan31

Guest tillaz

You got it all wrong tillaz :)

This is not the Antutu score top 20 list. Not at all. It is just the number of phones that reported benchmark results.

Here is an explanation and more info from XDA:

Image from my previous post was the worldwide top 20 list

Here is top 10 phones from China. Coolpad F1 is in 7th place here!

15035256-content.jpg

Original source is from Antutu Facebook page

Ah right, showing the most benchmarked phones, makes sense to me now, I probably should of read it properly lol

Guest Maringer

I see that the OnePlus One has now been announced:

http://www.gizchina.com/2014/04/23/oneplus-one-announced-for-299-usd/

Upside: Very good price for the specification - lots of memory, good screen, good camera, pentaband 3G support + LTE. Cyanogenmod ROM out of the box.

Downsides: No dual-SIM, no SD card expansion (at least the price increase for the 64GB version is reasonable) but it is just too bloody big! If it was a 5" phone and proportionally smaller, I might be interested but I reckon this is just too big for me. Oh, I'll also guess that it will be pretty much impossible to get your hands on one over here in the UK for several months as well.

Edited by Maringer

Guest dalyer

Apologies if this has been addressed already but is there a particular seller who is best for price, free/low cost delivery (to Ireland in my case), stock and service for the Coolpad F1?

I got my Haier W910 from DealsPrime and found them OK but I don't know if they actually have the Coolpad F1 in stock even if they claim to...

Is there a preferred retailer for this phone here? DealsPrime? Eternal Team on AliExpress? Other?

Guest Maringer

I note that Antelife claim to have the Coolpad F1 in stock at Euro 146.00 including free shipping. Never used them myself before though so can't really comment on how reliable they may be! Their web site looks slicker than some of the Chinese dealers but I'm not sure if that is indication of reliability!

Guest bryfly

Mine also showed up yesterday via Singapore post, still playing, but in comparison to my V5 it is a lot smoother and faster, which I guess it should be as it is an octa-core, I find the battery, time and 3g symbols at the top a bit small compared to V5, have only found two problems on mine so far. In settings, hitting "data usage" or in "about phone" hitting "system update settings" ends in the error "unfortunately settings has stopped" press ok and settings shuts down. Can anybody confirm whether theirs has the same problem.

Having played for a few days now the only thing I have reservations about is the way the O.S. ROM is configured, it feels like a cut down version compared to the Vowney V5 which has more settings available within the software, for example within the "email app" there is far fewer settings available, you cannot select push and set various sounds for different accounts etc, GPS is great though can lock in seconds and seems stable, I know the V5 compass did not work but have tried a few compass app's on the F1 but none of them worked, guess the phone does not have that facility.

Notice that dakok posted a link to custom ROM's, would any of those be nearer to the V5 ROM in terms of facilities within the software, also could I just pull various apps, such as the email app from the V5 and add it to the F1.....

Guest dalyer

I note that Antelife claim to have the Coolpad F1 in stock at Euro 146.00 including free shipping. Never used them myself before though so can't really comment on how reliable they may be! Their web site looks slicker than some of the Chinese dealers but I'm not sure if that is indication of reliability!

Do you have a link?

The WCDMA version is coming up as €157.65 for me.

The China version is coming up as €137.94.

I can't see anything for €146 or are you using a discount coupon or something?

Thanks.

Guest Maringer

Ah, I only made a quick skim of the site this morning so didn't notice it was the TD-SCDMA version at the lower price.

On the other hand, Eternal Team on Aliexpress seem to be selling the WCDMA version for EUR 140 including shipping by DHL!

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-5-Coolpad-F1-8297w-Android-4-2-3G-MTK6592-Octa-Core-1-7GHz-2G-Ram/103919_1747246918.html

Quite tempted to try one out myself at that price.

I notice they are also advertising the ZTE Star 1, albeit at a more expensive price than the Coolpad. Unfortunately, this phone doesn't seem to support 900MHz WCDMA and the LTE bands are no use for my network, either, so that's a non-starter for me.

Guest dalyer

OK - thanks for the clarification.

Anybody know if it's still (?) the case that you are more likely to get hit for local taxes if it ships by courier rather than by post to EU?

Guest bryfly

Just tried to send to my sd card from my pc and there is no facility for USB storage that that I can find, only MTP, PTP and charging via the usb lead, guess that is why there is an micro sd to usb converter in the box, will be a pain to pull that every time you want to put something on the micro sd, also there is no dev options in settings to allow usb debugging

Guest grabster

Just had a text from DHL to let me know that they require £13 in tax's and local customs charge's .

First time i have had the pleasure after many years and many items purchased from overseas of paying courier duties...

No biggie though as its not a deal breaker.

Phone currently showing as in germany so hopefully have it by monday.

I mean even lyingair could get from germany to the uk in that time.

Guest dalyer

Just tried to send to my sd card from my pc and there is no facility for USB storage that that I can find, only MTP, PTP and charging via the usb lead, guess that is why there is an micro sd to usb converter in the box, will be a pain to pull that every time you want to put something on the micro sd, also there is no dev options in settings to allow usb debugging

For developer options do you not have to tap build number 7 times (or whatever) to expose it?

http://www.androidcentral.com/how-enable-developer-settings-android-42

Also - for mass storage device access to the sdcard is this any use?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2350542

Edited by dalyer

Guest bryfly

For developer options do you not have to tap build number 7 times (or whatever) to expose it?

http://www.androidcentral.com/how-enable-developer-settings-android-42

Also - for mass storage device access to the sdcard is this any use?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2350542

Great info,thanks for this, now have developer settings following the procedure above, tried the method for getting access to the sdcard, did not work.....

Guest dakok

So you actually have it. I thought that it was still on the way when you wrote that it showed up. I understood it showed up in tracking website :).

Mine was dispatched to overseas yesterday :).

Which rom release is on?

It would be a good idea to start a dedicated F1 topic :)

Nice Coolpad F1 forum (chinese) with a lot of resources: 

Mobileuncle's (YDSS) Coolpad F1 forum 

Several forum samples:

Rom based on official TDSCDMA version - B067 - SD card bug fixed 24.04.2014.

Link

Download

Official rom B045

134207ptumnnennebeeehb.png

Download

Miui 4.4.18

FunTouch OS 19.04. from Vivo phones

LeWa transplanted from TCL Meme Da ( I love this name :))

Baidu v6

and

Rootless Google services
Redmi Note Miui
Miui
AliCloud OS
Samsung rom
Lewa v5
Lenovo Vibe UI
Nibiru Mars H1 rom
MyUI rom

Guest dalyer

Nice Coolpad F1 forum (chinese) with a lot of resources: 

Mobileuncle's (YDSS) Coolpad F1 forum 

Even translated to English in Chrome I can't make much sense of it...  :blush:

Edited by dalyer

Guest dakok

Chrome can't translate every chinese phrase properly

There are several words that need some practise to remember :)

Brush = ROM

Oil = users

Unicom = China Unicom phone or WCDMA "european" 3G network 

Big God = Coolpad phone series - F1 is one of them

Eight Nuclear - Octa Core

etc...

Guest dalyer

Not find any fun. Sorry for the English! 

Apologies if I offended you.

Just that some automatic translations are funny.

As is some use of English by non native speakers especially in Asia.

But then I couldn't even attempt a sentence in Chinese etc. so maybe the last laugh is on me... 

:(

Guest dakok

Best (or among best) photo smartphone - Dakele Small Cola is coming to China stores next week.

Or, to be more precise, Small Cola WCDMA (euro) version, since TDSCDMA is available in China for few months now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkslfFn3_yc

More details at http://www.telekineza.com/dakele-small-cola-foto-mobitel-konacno-u-prodaji/

It is in croatian, but you will find links to Dakele forum there, with numerous camera samples and comparations with top class phone camera samples

It is 160 USD in China, in shops for few bucks more, I hope :)

Guest Maringer

I've been tracking that one myself. Good camera, but I do wonder if the MT6582 isn't a little underpowered in comparison to the MT6592 in the Coolpad phone and other upcoming phones with the Snapdragon 400 or even the Atom Z2580 (Asus ZenFone 5)? I note that the ZTE Geek is selling quite cheap in a lot of places as well now (also with the Atom).