[OFFTOPIC] China Phone Discussion - UPDATED 30/10/2013

Guest kyan31

Guest kyan31

Good point (Y) although the only thing i don't like about the nexus is no SD slot, if it had one i would already have that phone... when are Google going to learn

Yeah, and it has no OTG support. They should of added this, at least we could connect a usb to the phone :)

Imagine connecting an Xbox 360 controller to it and playing Dead trigger = Awesome.

Edited by kyan31

Guest tillaz

Yeah, and it has no OTG support. They should of added this, at least we could connect a usb to the phone :)

Imagine connecting an Xbox 360 controller to it and playing Dead trigger = Awesome.

It has OTG now, but requires external power source, a guy on XDA hacked the kernel to enable it,

To be honest though its easer to conect a PS3 controler via bluetooth, this works on any phone with the HID profile.

Not a fan of the ps3 (prefer Xbox) but the controler works great on android, with the app from the market

The coolest thing about the nexus 4 that iv not had a chance to test yet is the mirocast (wireless display)

It lests you display your phones screen on your HD TV wirelessly... Same as HDMI but without the cable lol

Guest kyan31

It has OTG now, but requires external power source, a guy on XDA hacked the kernel to enable it,

To be honest though its easer to conect a PS3 controler via bluetooth, this works on any phone with the HID profile.

Not a fan of the ps3 (prefer Xbox) but the controler works great on android, with the app from the market

The coolest thing about the nexus 4 that iv not had a chance to test yet is the mirocast (wireless display)

It lests you display your phones screen on your HD TV wirelessly... Same as HDMI but without the cable lol

Oh that's okay then, and yes I also prefer the Xbox :P

Do you need a special kind of TV to use the wireless display? Or do you need one of those Nexus Q devices?

Guest tillaz

Oh that's okay then, and yes I also prefer the Xbox tongue.png

Do you need a special kind of TV to use the wireless display? Or do you need one of those Nexus Q devices?

think you can get a dongle for regular TVs that plugs in to to the HDMI port

Guest damian5000

I've got the H7500+, but having a difficult time getting it rooted. I've mostly dealt with Android 2.2 and 4.0, which were easy one click roots. This is Android 4.1.2... I've tried Bin4ry and MTK Droid Tools to no avail.

Also it's remaining at full 100% CPU 1.2GHz while charging (only when charging, when off charger it deep sleeps no problem)....3 hours of charging charged it from 30%-80%

And the auto-brightness doesn't work... the light sensor is returning values of 10,20,40,120,280 (in the sun),1600 (if pointing light sensor directly into sun), but they don't trigger any change in the brightness... The maximum value of the capella sensor is 10000+, and in sunlight it's only registering 280... I think this is an issue with the ROM not associating the values with the brightness step points...

Anyways, anyone can help with any of those issues, it's much appreciated....

Edited by damian5000

Guest tillaz

I've got the H7500+, but having a difficult time getting it rooted. I've mostly dealt with Android 2.2 and 4.0, which were easy one click roots. This is Android 4.1.2... I've tried Bin4ry and MTK Droid Tools to no avail.

Also it's remaining at full 100% CPU 1.2GHz while charging (only when charging, when off charger it deep sleeps no problem)....3 hours of charging charged it from 30%-80%

And the auto-brightness doesn't work... the light sensor is returning values of 10,20,40,120,280 (in the sun),1600 (if pointing light sensor directly into sun), but they don't trigger any change in the brightness... The maximum value of the capella sensor is 10000+, and in sunlight it's only registering 280... I think this is an issue with the ROM not associating the values with the brightness step points...

Anyways, anyone can help with any of those issues, it's much appreciated....

i'm still waiting on the two i ordered, but there the H7500 dual core, not the + version

i'm still waiting on the two i ordered, but there the H7500 dual core, not the + version

tillaz was just wondering why you are purchasing these kind of phones when you have Nexus 4?

When i was looking they all seem hampered one way or another and as they say you get what you pay for? Most of these dindi phones wont gain a following so no development so why bother?

Edited by sedj

Guest tillaz

tillaz was just wondering why you are purchasing these kind of phones when you have Nexus 4?

When i was looking they all seem hampered one way or another and as they say you get what you pay for? Most of these dindi phones wont gain a following so no development so why bother?

i bought them for my parents, who wanted an upgrade from the G300

development is not really a problem for me as i can do what i need my self, but what iv seen the H7500 has quite a solid build of 4.1.2 anyway

what makes you think they look hampered?

here is a YouTube video of the one i have ordered

Guest twrock
Most of these dindi phones wont gain a following so no development so why bother?

The problem is not that they don't have a following or won't see any development. Both are happening significantly for many of these phones. The problem is that most of the following and development are happening in China, the home market for these phones. For example, the Jiayu G2S had mod roms being released almost immediately after the phone went on the market. Because of the sheer size of the Chinese market, many of these cheap but high spec phones have a large following almost immediately.

But, the critical issue is that you need to be able to interact in Chinese, or, yes, your options will be limited.

Guest tillaz

DHL tracking says the two phones i ordered are with the courier for delivery... should have them today... will post some screenshots and my opinion on them :)

Guest blaster99999

DHL tracking says the two phones i ordered are with the courier for delivery... should have them today... will post some screenshots and my opinion on them smile.png

Yes good to hear still waiting for mine, if you could do a review , please include supplier and price paid , thanks

Guest blaster99999

update today on my zte v955 phone, been ripped off, china seller sent me a screen protector and no phone completely ripped off, should paypal give me a refund?? ive put a claim in

Guest kyan31

update today on my zte v955 phone, been ripped off, china seller sent me a screen protector and no phone completely ripped off, should paypal give me a refund?? ive put a claim in

Oh my, PayPal will definitely refund you. It could take up to a month, but it will happen :)

Guest tillaz

DHL messed up my delivery and went to the wrong door, had to ring them up... apparently the address was incomplete ?

will be delivered tomorrow, now that the address problem is cleared up

Guest kyan31

DHL messed up my delivery and went to the wrong door, had to ring them up... apparently the address was incomplete ?

Cool, post your opinion when you have the time :)

Guest blaster99999

what are they like , seeing as ive no new phone im in the market once again to reorder from china so very interested in how yours works out might go for same.

Guest Costy88031

What option for delivery you selected when you ordered the phone?

Anyone of you know a forum with a similar discussion? Because I want to sell my G300 for an upgrade with a chinese phone but I see that to buy from China is very risky and I want to read more opinions

Edited by Costy88031

Guest tillaz

so, both phones where delivered today...

and i must say i'm quite impressed, first thing i noticed is that the build quality feels very solid and is much thinner than i expected

here are some roughly took pictures, nexus 4 is on the right on all pics (for comparison)

will take some better ones once i pick my daughter up from school

post-913969-0-80330600-1363876128_thumb. post-913969-0-66480000-1363876135_thumb. post-913969-0-80379000-1363876142_thumb. post-913969-0-18412400-1363876152_thumb. post-913969-0-39830200-1363876160_thumb. post-913969-0-21174500-1363876168_thumb.

Guest tillaz

first let down about the china phones (and i see this a lot) is the battery is not the size they say its is....

manufacture says its 2800mAh on the battery

retailers in china say its really 2200mAh (most websites i looked at)

so after checking myself, i was quite shocked to find its only 1500mAh... but it comes with two battery's, so not to bad ?

the app i used to check is definitely legit as it reports the nexus 4 as having 2100mAh (which is correct)

H7500----------------------------------------------------Nexus 4

post-913969-0-72909500-1363883151_thumb. post-913969-0-27929800-1363883143_thumb.