[OFFTOPIC] China Phone Discussion - UPDATED 30/10/2013

Guest kyan31

Guest george109

i have been setting up a proper forum for china phones lately, its actually similar to modaco as to what can be done on it,

when posting a poll it can have unlimited entry's, and file uploads have unlimited size, with direct downloads i think

and each device can have its on forum section.

if any of the regular posters of news and content on here would be interested in been a moderator let me know then you can add new forums for devices etc

and if it gets a lot of members i might actually pay for a proper domain name so its found on Google searches properly, but for now its just for fun to see how it works as it did not take long to setup.

will post a link soon if any interest :)

I am interested! ;)

i have been setting up a proper forum for china phones lately, its actually similar to modaco as to what can be done on it,

when posting a poll it can have unlimited entry's, and file uploads have unlimited size, with direct downloads i think

and each device can have its on forum section.

if any of the regular posters of news and content on here would be interested in been a moderator let me know then you can add new forums for devices etc 

and if it gets a lot of members i might actually pay for a proper domain name so its found on Google searches properly, but for now its just for fun to see how it works as it did not take long to setup. 

will post a link soon if any interest :)    

well this is all new to me lol so its nothing special 

http://chinaphoneschat.createaforum.com/index.php?action=forum

post any ideas or any help you can offer in the general section as i will need it lol

Guest apple2005

let me know your user name after registering so i can change the account to moderator

I registered there by the user name "Arsalan" but I don't want any assignment. Thanks...

Any idea where or how to get hold of one at a sensible price?

No have not seen it on any sites I would 'trust' yet. Some people are posting links to Merimobiles (at 199usd), but it is not the WCDMA version that they have listed.

Edited by SG8

It's to late to the party and the good chinese online places will over charge for the $90 phone.

If they charge £100 inc I mat get one.

Its a shame as on paper its a great phone with MIUI. Unfortuntley I think it going to be difficult to get hold of at a sensible price. Most (or all) of the websites listing it are pre-order only and you have no idea when Xiaomi will manufacture enough to cope with demand. Plus the inflated price tag of $220+ dollars just doesn't make it competitive.

Guest Ceaușescu

Its a shame as on paper its a great phone with MIUI. Unfortuntley I think it going to be difficult to get hold of at a sensible price. Most (or all) of the websites listing it are pre-order only and you have no idea when Xiaomi will manufacture enough to cope with demand. Plus the inflated price tag of $220+ dollars just doesn't make it competitive.

Too heavy.

Guest Cable Monkey

Is that link a referral via Shareasale ? (and how do it work!!? )

Never heard of Shareasale?  I happened to notice on a blog that the WCDMA variant had been released (and sold out quickly) this week and was checking to see who had it online for export to UK.

I still have some interest in this phone for the ongoing support but agree with others that it is perhaps too late coming.  The next wave of quad core MTK6582 and octacore MTK6592 devices are here / near.