[OFFTOPIC] China Phone Discussion - UPDATED 30/10/2013

Guest kyan31

Guest bryfly

I went for the coolpad 7320 due to 5.5 inch screen and the overall spec for £80cant go wrong and I've not found any major bugs , but I am trying to find a recover.IMG file so I can add cwm and do a backup, I will do some pics later but there are some videos on YouTube which give you a good idea about the phone.

Any feedback on your 7320, thinking about a 5.5" and this seems a reasonable price

Guest Sere83

For anyone considering a OnePlus, get one immediately, it's amazing, blows any Mediatek phone out the water, also blows a lot of flagships out the water, unbeatable for the price.

For anyone looking for something cheaper the LENOVO A806 with LTE is looking pretty sweet

http://hotmid.com/lenovo-a806-mt6592-octa-core-1-7ghz-5-inch-720p-ips-android-fdd-lte-4g-mobile-phone.html

Need to see some reviews but price is super sweet and comes with kitkat

It is a very good phone. It might even be better than actual best seller - Coolpad F1.

I think that A806 was announced few days ago and it won't be in stores until next week...

A review in Chinese

Edited by dakok

Guest Maringer

I don't think that any Mediatek smartphones support 3G on both SIMs. In fact, I'm not sure that any currently available phones at all support 3G on both SIMs.

With Mediatek phones, when one SIM is taking a call, the other isn't active. If I remember correctly, the Lenovo K910 can keep both SIMs active during calls (and you can take calls on both SIMs at the same time) but, even then, only one is capable of connecting via 3G. Not sure how many other phones are also "Dual SIM Full Active".

Hello...one easy question....

I have Nibiru Mars H1

Do both SIM card slots support 3G?

I dont wanna cut my card untill I know xD

Thanks!

Only the micro one.

Guest wolfjohny

Only the micro one.

Interesting that you said that. I have 3G working in slot 2(big one!)

Micro is slot 1.

I will get micro card somehow and test it in slot 1 and let you know the result.

Guest dalyer

Interesting that you said that. I have 3G working in slot 2(big one!)

Micro is slot 1.

I will get micro card somehow and test it in slot 1 and let you know the result.

What exactly do you mean by "3G" here?

What does it say in System Settings > About phone > Status > Mobile network type?

• 2 weeks later...

I say smartphones are getting too big. I've just bought 4.5" screen china phone and it's significantly bigger than good old G300. It doesn't feel comfy in my pocket.

What do you guys think? Where do you carry your large screen phones (like 5")?

Guest Maringer

I carry my Coolpad F1 (5" screen) in my trouser pocket. I was initially concerned it would be too bulky but it is thin and light enough for this not to be an issue. Note, however, that I never put anything else in that pocket - no coins, keys, handkerchiefs or anything to ensure I don't scratch the screen! I only use a very slim case on the back of the phone so there is little added bulk to it. The only real issue I'd say I've encountered is that it is difficult to get the phone out of my pocket when I am sitting down. Not too much of a problem, however.

I previously had a 4.5" phone (FAEA F1) and this is noticeably easier to handle than the Coolpad. However, I'd have to say that, on balance, I think a 5" screen is better in most respects though a compact 4.7" phone could be a good balance between the two.

One thing I would like to see is for the bezel sizes to be reduced further. Sharp is the first company to really go to town on this aspect:

http://www.engadget.com/2014/08/19/sharps-aquos-crystal-is-all-screen/

That's a whole centimetre shorter than my Coolpad and a not insignificant 4.5mm narrower. The Sharp is less than a millimetre thicker, but a little lighter though the battery size is about 20% smaller.

Hopefully others will follow where Sharp has led.

Edited by Maringer

Guest Maringer

If you've got plenty of cash, the new Sony Z3 Compact has just been announced. Great specs and a nice, small size considering it has a 4.6" screen. The Z1 Compact had similar dimensions (and we even a little thicker), so Sony have done well to cram in a larger screen as well as all of the waterproofing, high-spec CPU, SD card expansion and a larger battery to boot!

The only issue is that it will cost so much more than the Chinaphones which are available. Less of an adventure! ;)

Chinaphones also should follow the way of screen taking almost all front of the phone (like Sharp) :) At least i hope so. Wonder how long it would take...

Edited by jokny

Guest wolfjohny

Hello

I am looking for a good and not to expensive 4G chinese phone.

I just got my Nibiru Mars One H1 and I am selling it :(  Doesnt have 4G

So I was exploring a bit and everybody is talking about Moto G 4G

I found Huawei Honor 3C on Minideal.net for 199$

But I am not sure about them, they accept Paypal, but their prices are lower then anywhere...so I am not really sure about them.

What would you get, and from where?

Lets say that top price would be about 230$

Edited by wolfjohny

Hello

I am looking for a good and not to expensive 4G chinese phone.

I just got my Nibiru Mars One H1 and I am selling it :(  Doesnt have 4G

So I was exploring a bit and everybody is talking about Moto G 4G

I found Huawei Honor 3C on Minideal.net for 199$

But I am not sure about them, they accept Paypal, but their prices are lower then anywhere...so I am not really sure about them.

What would you get, and from where?

Lets say that top price would be about 230$

the ZTE Star 1 seems like a good 4G phone for £160 http://dealsprime.com/zte-star1-4g-lte-android-4-4-kitkat-phone-5-0-ips-1980-1080-quad-core-1-6ghz-msm8928-3g-gps-2gb-ram-8-0mp.html

i have personally had 4 or 5 orders from dealsprime now without a problem, only place i use after having bad experiences with others in the past

Guest wolfjohny

the ZTE Star 1 seems like a good 4G phone for £160 http://dealsprime.com/zte-star1-4g-lte-android-4-4-kitkat-phone-5-0-ips-1980-1080-quad-core-1-6ghz-msm8928-3g-gps-2gb-ram-8-0mp.html

i have personally had 4 or 5 orders from dealsprime now without a problem, only place i use after having bad experiences with others in the past

Great phone I agree! But I cant afford it right now...I will look for cheaper solution.

Thanks for your reply.

Guest wolfjohny

Restoring IMEI?

I flash few roms from needrom.com and few that I like have no network at all.

Baseband: Unknown
IMEI: Unknown

I tried to restore IMEI with few methods, but no succes. Any ideas?

Guest Wacky.ddw

Hi guys, 

Long time since I've been here, how have you been?

What phone are you using currently?

I have had the Xiaomi MI2 32GB> Xiaomi M2s 32GB> Oneplus One (64GB international). But I had troubles with my touchscreen on both my M2s and my oneplus so I got the M2s repaired under warranty and sold it.

I contacted Oneplus to RMA my device from the first week but they did not respond. So I opened a Paypal dispute within the fist 45 days but they still did not respond, after 30 days so I claimed my money back, Paypal chose my side and payed me back every cent. The thing is I really loved the phone, but the unresponsive screen/ghost touches where making me go insane. I can type better on the crappy Galaxy Ace I have now then on the One plus because it registered my touch on the wrong place or swiped...

Topic I made about it on XDA maybe you have seen it: LINK

So now I am without a good smartphone, and I really love the Oneplus design and price over all the other phones but there customer service sucks! And I really don't want to pay more then €350.

Here is my list of phone I would like to have:

Nexus 6 (Price unknown) - If it has a minimum of 5.5" and 3000mah.

I would love to have a nexus device simply because it will have lots of development

Oneplus One (OPO) (€299) - If there comes a new revision with the static electricity issue and the touchscreen issue resolved, this would be the perfect phone I would buy it again without thinking twice.

Oppo Find 7 (€470) - I like all the specs of the phone but its €170 more then the Oneplus. The only downsides I find the speakers and that there is less development then for the oneplus but maybe with cyanogenmod on It I wouldnt even want to change.

ZTE Nubia Z7 (max) (€465) - I think this is a beast but it also costs €165 more then the OPO, and the same as the Oppo find 7. Witch is a bit out of my price range.

ZTE Nubia Z7 (normal) (€300) - This is the same price as the OPO and you get the same except it has 2GB of ram instaid of 3GB. But it does have Dual sim but the OPO's design is mutch better imo.

ZTE Nubia Z7 (mini) (€260) - I think this price is great but the battery and display are too small. Also the ZTE nubia Z7 has no section on XDA and I am not sure if it will recieve official Cyanogenmod 11.

Xiaomi MI4 - Looks beautiful but no 4G, no 5.5", and no kernel sources = not mutch development and hated on XDA so, I guess thats a no.

What do you guys think?

Great phone I agree! But I cant afford it right now...I will look for cheaper solution.

Thanks for your reply.

Cheapest 4G china phone i have seen so far

Landvo L200G £68 (good specs for price but QHD display lets it down)

http://dealsprime.com/mobile-phones/screen-type/ips/landvo-l200g-4g-lte-phone-5-0-ips-960-540-android-4-4-mtk6582-1-3ghz-3g-gps-1gb-ram-8-0mp.html