[OFFTOPIC] China Phone Discussion - UPDATED 30/10/2013

Guest kyan31

Guest PCTechRoss

is there a link ?

UMI Wrote

''Umi X2 in not waterpoof !!

But has rain proofing and certain water proofing compound on the PCBA, as denoted in the picture, for "accidental" drop in water and unforseen circumstances like rain or shallow water.

Please don't go swimming with Umi X2 ''

Below is a picture they added to their FB page

562471_153477231492909_1624346360_n.jpg

SO basically it will withstand drops in water but not for a long period of time

Guest Wacky.ddw

If the umi would be availeble before the g4 i would definatly buy the umi but i doubt it since the g4 gets released tommorow.

And i just cant wait any longer :P probably the second g4 batch will get released mid may so when it reaches the shops and gets shipped to me we will be june and i am so tired of my zte skate!

The girl in the picture looks nice tough :D

Guest PCTechRoss

If the umi would be availeble before the g4 i would definatly buy the umi but i doubt it since the g4 gets released tommorow.

And i just cant wait any longer :P probably the second g4 batch will get released mid may so when it reaches the shops and gets shipped to me we will be june and i am so tired of my zte skate!

The girl in the picture looks nice tough :D

The UMI X2 16GB/1GB Ram verison came out a little while ago

http://www.antelife.com/umi-x2-mtk6589-quad-core-android-4-1-1gb-ram-16g-rom-3g-gps-5-0-inch-ips-ogs-screen-smart-phone.html

sold out last night though

Guest Wacky.ddw

Hmm i would really want a 2gb ram phone actually :) but it tempting wich phone are you going to buy?

Personally i cant wait for the reall user reviews and see wich comes out best

Guest PCTechRoss

Hmm i would really want a 2gb ram phone actually :) but it tempting wich phone are you going to buy?

Personally i cant wait for the reall user reviews and see wich comes out best

if i do choose to get a phone from china it will most likely be the 2gb UMI x2

Guest aliaird

I thought I would drop an email to Mentoo, whoc i have ordered my 2GB G4 off regarding whether the 1GB with 3000mAh battery would be out.

The reply I got read "According to the latest news released by JIAYU CEO that JIAYU G4 will be formally sold in quantity on 10,May.

JIAYU G4 basic (1G RAM) is to be sold as the same time as JIAYU G4 advanced (2G RAM)."

Just thought I'd throw that in. can't wait for mine to arrive. Btw the reason for getting the G4 is because my G2 screen cracked. I've ordered a replacement screen from China but can't find any instructions on how to fit it. I figure I'll just give it a go and hope for the best as I've nothing to lose, but would rather know what i should be doing if possible.

Anyone seen anything out there about replacing the screen?

Guest kieranswhite

I can only see this : 2, Shipping Instructions: Payment within 7 working days to arrange the shipment, not accept delivery arrangements do not buy! In order to ensure a smooth delivery, courier must choose the correct preferred SF Express can not determine whether the SF normal reach your location, please choose China Post!

Guest bryfly

I can only see this : 2, Shipping Instructions: Payment within 7 working days to arrange the shipment, not accept delivery arrangements do not buy!In order to ensure a smooth delivery, courier must choose the correct preferred SF Express can not determine whether the SF normal reach your location, please choose China Post!

Reading the details doesn't look like they ship to UK , was going to email them and ask but can only see a phone number and not email address.......

Guest kyan31

If anyone is interested in buying Jiayu products directly from Jiayu themselves, I think this is the place to go:

http://www.ejiayu.com/en/

The prices will also be very cheap, around the $160 mark as advertised by Jiayu.

EDIT: This site could actually be fake

EDIT 2: I think this site is fake, all of the distributor's websites are jiayumobileshop, which is fake.

Edited by kyan31

Guest Wacky.ddw

If anyone is interested in buying Jiayu products directly from Jiayu themselves, I think this is the place to go:

http://www.ejiayu.com/en/

The prices will also be very cheap, around the $160 mark as advertised by Jiayu.

EDIT: This site could actually be fake

EDIT 2: I think this site is fake, all of the distributor's websites are jiayumobileshop, which is fake.

On tweakers.net they say www.ejiayu.com is the official jiayu site. Jiayuoffical and jiayumobile are not!

Guest Wacky.ddw

The UMI X2 gets released 15 may so i guess that is around the same time the second batch jiayu's gets released wich makes me doubt again :P I should really flip a coin or something :D

http://www.gizchina....te-is-may-15th/

Why dont they go with stock JB this UI looks ugly as hell!

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Guest Rico_89

Will the G4 drop in price, a little, after its initial release? I'd spend up to £150 but don't really want to spend more than that, so I'll probably be looking at the 1gb version, unless a price reduction is on the cards a month or two after its release.

Guest Rico_89

Nice find tillaz.

If the Indian guy is right then no Gorilla glass, no big deal IMO and it looks like he was saying $250 for the 2gb version for international sales. If so that's pretty damn good.

Looks like these phones will be easier to buy, and better supported in India than Europe, so maybe a trip to "Android Guru" will be the way to go ;) .

Guest akarana
camera test (set YouTube video to 1080p to see the real quality)

Ya gotta love these camera demos that are shaky hand-held in a roaring wind ...

Guest Wacky.ddw

Thanks for the first video! Nice to see a video where they speak english :P

As for the video quality ive read that the contrast will be better in the final release that they where still tweaking the quality.

Guest Rico_89

i would be surprised if the G4 does not have gorilla glass... even the old G3 has it :huh:

I was thinking the same thing.. hopefully something was lost in translation somehow, but he did go into detail about how it wouldn't have gorilla glass and there might some kind of tempered glass version for the US market.. :wacko: