[OFFTOPIC] China Phone Discussion - UPDATED 30/10/2013

Guest kyan31

Guest tillaz

just remembered a video i seen a while back.

Jiayu G4 - Gorilla Glass 2 test

was posted more than a month ago so i would assume they have some kind of connection to jiayu

Guest Colossae3.23

I was thinking the same thing.. hopefully something was lost in translation somehow, but he did go into detail about how it wouldn't have gorilla glass and there might some kind of tempered glass version for the US market.. :wacko:

yeah, he did go into some detail about that, so maybe its not a mistake. He also went into some detail about how his company was out to supply the lowest cost phones. So, I'm wondering if the Indian market will see normal glass, but in the west, we'll see gorilla glass? I'm no expert on these Chinese phones, but they do seem to fragment their model lines, with more than one version. Makes it even more important to be sure of what you're buying...

Guest Rico_89

I'm hoping the international market will get some kind of toughened glass but I just saw this promo video and if you skip to 2:15 they list some specs in English, and they don't mention gorilla glass, just OGS, IPS screen.. it doesn't mean it won't have gorilla glass, seeing as the phone hasn't been released yet... but it is pretty close to the launch date.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MIWg670GAE

OK hold the phone.. 43 seconds into this video and "Generation Two Gorilla Glass Display" listed. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqYh1yxeTMw

Edited by Rico_89

Guest tillaz

best thing to do would be to just email jiayu and ask them if they can clear up the confusion (gorilla glass or not ?) :huh:

i would but i cant seem to find an email for them ?

Guest kyan31

on the jiayu mobile shop site : Retina screen, 312PPI, IPS screen, Corning II Gorilla Glass,

OGS full lamination technology ??

Fairly conclusive i'd say

Jiayumobileshop is fake. Ejiayu is the real site :P

Edited by kyan31

Guest Rico_89

Jiayumobileshop is fake. Ejiayu is the real site :P

... yeah it was mentioned already but I wasn't sure if it had been confirmed. The fake sites in China are so open, blatant and elaborate how do we know that the G4 even exists. LOL

Guest tillaz

OGS (one glass solution)

theses displays look amazing...

it makes the display look like a picture stuck on top of the glass lol, i could never go back to using standard IPS displays.

Guest bryfly

... yeah it was mentioned already but I wasn't sure if it had been confirmed. The fake sites in China are so open, blatant and elaborate how do we know that the G4 even exists. LOL

Re fake phones and sites see below

from the Ejiayu web site

To end users

2013-04-24 14:45:14 Click:1575

We inform all users of our products, the existence of online stores that are passed by our company and sell our products to end customers. Jiayu Electronic Technology Co., Ltd. will not sell single units and has dealers that sell and support our products. We have also detected the existence in the market for copies of our models, so we always recommend purchasing through our authorised distributors.

I emailed Felix (see below) there contact point, twice in the last week asking for online stores in China recognised by Jiayu (as above) and have never received a reply.........

Jiayu Mobile

Jiayu Electronics Technology Co.,Ltd

Office: 130# Hengping Road, Longgang District, Shenzhen City, Guangdong Province, China

Contact Person: Felix Hao

E-mail: [email protected]

Guest Colossae3.23

But if anybody is looking to purchase in China from a genuine source then they are not listed on this page, unless I missed it?

Yeah I've just been read the comments on that article. Someone mentioned the same thing. Just went to the India site, and there is a notice on there that it has been set up in cooperation with androidguruz. That's where they guy in the video is from. If they ship internationally, that may be an option. (funny thing he said no gorilla glass in the video but the India site clearly states gorilla glass on the G4) crazy...

Edited by Colossae3.23

Guest Colossae3.23

I tell you what Jiayu is on the move. We have a UK distributor now! Probably cost more than buying from China or India, but you'd have local support and warranty.

http://www.ejiayu.co...Shop-37-53.html

PS: the UK site only has a parking space on the web for now.

Edited by Colossae3.23

Guest kyan31
I tell you what Jiayu is on the move. We have a UK distributor now! Probably cost more than buying from China or India, but you'd have local support and warranty.

http://www.ejiayu.co...Shop-37-53.html

PS: the UK site only has a parking space on the web for now.

I believe its a hoax as all the distributors are at jiayumobileshop, which is fake.

Guest Colossae3.23

I believe its a hoax as all the distributors are at jiayumobileshop, which is fake.

yeah, I know about those fake sites. I actually found the link in the gizchina article http://www.gizchina....rs-listed-here/ that included a statement from Jiayu about these fake distributors. At the end of the article there is a link to Jiayu's approved distributors and as of last night the UK didn't have one. This morning (GMT) it does. So, unless that gizchina article has been hijacked, it all seems legit.

In fact if you if you go to the Jiayu offiical distributors page there are (sorry you saw that page :P) anyway the links to stores in Italy, Spain, and Germany all work. Also the India store has a blog that includes news of the same event that is in that video that Tillaz posted. And the same guy from androidguruz has his picture is in there as well. Unless this is some elaborate scam, it seems to be the real thing. Either that, or this Andi from gizchina actually put a fake link into an article about fake distrubitors. That wouldn't be very bright :D

Edited by Colossae3.23

Guest Colossae3.23

more news on the G4, looks nice

http://www.gizchina....dy-looks-great/

further to the discussion about which sites are legit. This is dialogue from the comments section on the gizchina article mentioned above. Andi is the author and I think the main man behind gizchina.

What is real official Jiayu shop?

http://www.jiayuofficial.com/

or

http://www.jiayumobileshop.com/

or something else?

Thanks

Andi APRIL 24, 2013 AT 5:35 AM .

I had a long chat with JiaYu and some of the official distributors today. Only the sites listed in the article are official. The others aren’t despite what the name says.

Edited by Colossae3.23

Guest bryfly

Had a response from Jiayu to my email below, only gave UK address and did not answer my question about Chinese outlet.......

Good morning Felix,

Can you advise me of official ONLINE Jiayu dealers in china.

who will ship Phone G4 to UK , many people on UK forums here want to order,

but there is so much confusion about genuine web site in China…..

Thanks for your help

UK

J & J INC. LTD.

4 MALPAS ROAD

DAGENHAM

ESSEX

RM9 5SD

UNITED KINGDOM

Mobile: +44-7763629991

Landline: +44-20-88198867

www.jiayudirect.co.uk

Guest Wacky.ddw

Who cares what the official site is, when you buy it in a online store and pay less. With paypall buyers protection they cant scam you.

As for the gorilla glass i asume it will have gorilla glass since every site states that i think the androidguru is wrong

Guest Colossae3.23

Had a response from Jiayu to my email below, only gave UK address and did not answer my question about Chinese outlet.......

Good morning Felix,

Can you advise me of official ONLINE Jiayu dealers in china.

who will ship Phone G4 to UK , many people on UK forums here want to order,

but there is so much confusion about genuine web site in China…..

Thanks for your help

UK

J & J INC. LTD.

4 MALPAS ROAD

DAGENHAM

ESSEX

RM9 5SD

UNITED KINGDOM

Mobile: +44-7763629991

Landline: +44-20-88198867

www.jiayudirect.co.uk

yeah that's the address that's on the jiayu site. Just did a street view on the address. It's somebody's house. Not sure if that's good or not? Companies House webcheck shows this as an current name for a company.

Guest Colossae3.23

Who cares what the official site is, when you buy it in a online store and pay less. With paypall buyers protection they cant scam you.

As for the gorilla glass i asume it will have gorilla glass since every site states that i think the androidguru is wrong

paypal is good protection no doubt, but it isn't fail safe. But the main reason would be warranty and service. If you ever needed it the wait should be much shorter, and you shouldn't have to pay for the return shipping.

Guest bryfly

Not sure how true that is, if you get genuine jiayu ok, but if you ended up with a fake from China then would paypal protect you??

Guest tillaz

if you ended up with a fake from China then would paypal protect you??

yes, its happens a lot on eBay with iphones lol, (people receiving china knock offs rather than an iphone)

its false advertisement.