[OFFTOPIC] China Phone Discussion - UPDATED 30/10/2013

Guest kyan31

Guest blaster99999

Yeah, me too. I'll be selling the old box and then saving for the new one biggrin.png

Will keep my Xbox 360 , with a nice jtag mod and a big HD have loads of games and still lots coming out

Guest tillaz

What did they get banned for, I wasn't keeping an eye around here tongue.png

Posting crazy Spam on numerous occasions i guess lol

Will keep my Xbox 360 , with a nice jtag mod and a big HD have loads of games and still lots coming out

same... i hope the "xbox one" gets hacked in a similar way to run unsigned code :ph34r:

looking forward to Watch Dogs on 360... looks amazing.

On topic

I'm seriously thing about getting that vowney V5, but think i will wait for a few more videos to show up before i make my mind up...

ether way i will probably build TWRP for it with a guide on how to flash it then root.. since a few have bought it (its quite simple for MTK devices)

Guest Rico_89

Honestly that Xbox One reveal was very poor, it's basically a remote control for your tv.. And the Games for the PS3 looked better than some of the games they demoed. I'll be getting the PS4 and I'm pretty sure I've purchased my last XBL account..

Back on topic.. :D I was going to wait until June/July before purchasing, but damn this deal has got me hovering over the "Add To Basket" button.. I see it's gone backup to £120.81 lol .. maybe they are price matching or something.

Guest bryfly

Back on topic.. :D I was going to wait until June/July before purchasing, but damn this deal has got me hovering over the "Add To Basket" button.. I see it's gone backup to £120.81 lol .. maybe they are price matching or something.

if it is small amounts of money could be just exchange rate movement..............

Guest blaster99999

Posting crazy Spam on numerous occasions i guess lol

same... i hope the "xbox one" gets hacked in a similar way to run unsigned code ph34r.png

looking forward to Watch Dogs on 360... looks amazing.

On topic

I'm seriously thing about getting that vowney V5, but think i will wait for a few more videos to show up before i make my mind up...

ether way i will probably build TWRP for it with a guide on how to flash it then root.. since a few have bought it (its quite simple for MTK devices)

Must admire I impulsed bought but looks lot of phone for price, i m sure I speak for all of use that have ordered a vowney we hope you follow suit as we know you can help sort any problems we encounter , must admire would have preferred a black one but can't have everything

Guest Rico_89

.. preferred a black one but can't have everything

Yeah the Chinese seem to luv what they call the "Panda" theme, black front and white back. At least it's not all white and I have noticed that the back cover comes off, rocker buttons and all, similar to the G4 so if you're brave, and get the right kind of paint, then you could remove the back cover and spray paint it black... :D A bit risky but would look pretty good if done right.

Guest Colossae3.23

There is always a nice black carbon fibre film. Many videos on youtube.

For anyone interested. I've done this to my G300, see below, and its still on there over 6 months later.

the 3M Di-Noc sample (carbon fibre vinyl) came today. Took a bit of time to fit it, but I'm happy with the result. I do think helps make the phone less slippery, but still not as good as a soft cover (like the ZTE Blade)

Judge for yourself in the photos below:

post-907778-0-77163100-1350768540_thumb.post-907778-0-91536800-1350768612_thumb.post-907778-0-36283000-1350768659_thumb.post-907778-0-92594400-1350768694_thumb.

Things I would do different.

• Use thinner blade, maybe and xacto or craft knife
  • Measure and cut the camera hole first before applying the vinyl. The shoulder of the raised bevel for the camera is too soft, making it difficult for the knife to follow

You can see, that the openings weren't cut out perfectly, but camera actually makes that look worse, than it really is to the naked eye. The vinyl has bonded well and the cover comes off and on nicely.

As far as resale value: I think I've scratched the cover around the camera hole, but if you pre-cut the hole, that's not a worry. I believe the vinyl is removable, with care. They put the stuff on cars and remove it. Here's where I got it http://www.undergrou...ack/p-728-2181/

PS: the do make this vinyl in white

They are great people to work with

Edited by Colossae3.23

Guest bryfly

Was previously told on chat, that Vowney V5 to despatch tomorrow and Newman k1 to despatch on Thursday, just receieved message to say Newman Despatched today, guess they changed there mind, fingers crossed the Vowney is despatched tomorrow as promised.....Interesting they can get Gel cases..

Update: received tracking number for the Newman phone and Vowney shipped today as promised just awaiting track number

apparently the Gel cases for either are $9.99 free post

Edited by bryfly

Guest Rico_89

Nice.. it will act as a kind of protective case too. I've seen screen protectors but haven't seen any cases for the V5 so you might end up with some kind of crappy generic case if you order one with the phone.

Anyway I created a Merimobile account and was about to place an order when I saw this: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTQ3ODM5MzMy.html

Should we be worried? Thought I'd ask you guys to see what you thought. Maybe just a one off faulty phone.

Guest bryfly

Nice.. it will act as a kind of protective case too. I've seen screen protectors but haven't seen any cases for the V5 so you might end up with some kind of crappy generic case if you order one with the phone.

Anyway I created a Merimobile account and was about to place an order when I saw this: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTQ3ODM5MzMy.html

Should we be worried? Thought I'd ask you guys to see what you thought. Maybe just a one off faulty phone.

Cases... when I chatted to John yesterday at merimobile he told me they were specific to each phone and not a generic case.....I wonder?

Watched video , shame it does not translate as my Chinese is not that good, to late for me to worry ordered, I wonder if it could be anything to do with the new ogs production system for the screen

Guest Rico_89

Cases... when I chatted to John yesterday at merimobile he told me they were specific to each phone and not a generic case.....I wonder?

Watched video , shame it does not translate as my Chinese is not that good, to late for me to worry ordered, I wonder if it could be anything to do with the new ogs production system for the screen

Maybe they do have specific cases in China, I doubt he'd flat out lie. I thought they would have listed Vowney V5 cases on Chinese websites but maybe the phone is a little too new right now.

Regarding the problem: Even the G300 had issues with motherboard failures so you have to expect some faulty phones, however we are not in China so getting a replacement might be difficult.

Translated from the video comments: Description:- Verne V5 strange phenomenon, and put on the back cover point screen unresponsive. Tap water ripples, pressing nearby area appears also that piece of water ripples

Comments: Q; "This is the engineering machine do? ? ? ? ? ? ?" (I think he's asking if she sent it in for repairs.

Answer: "Screen problems, did not have to repair, direct return!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ".

Now this begs the question will Merimobile live up to their 30 day money back guarantee, 1 year warranty.

Edited by Rico_89

Guest Wacky.ddw

They are finaly selling the Jiayu G4 basic, i hope they will get to the advanced version soon. And i hope the future version will have backlight buttons and OTG not that i am going to ever use that but still :P

Source: LINK

Guest aliaird

I'm off to see my brother in HK for a few days at the end of the month, does anyone know if there are any retail outlets there where I can actually see (and maybe even buy!) these phones?

Guest kyan31

ooh nice website.. Are you still up for getting the G4?

I'm up for getting a new laptop right now, while I would like a new phone, I don't need one. However I really need a new laptop as the one i'm using now is an abomination :/

Guest george109

I'm up for getting a new laptop right now, while I would like a new phone, I don't need one. However I really need a new laptop as the one i'm using now is an abomination :/

Why, what laptop do you have? Mine has been an abomination ever since i upgraded to Windows 8! :P

Also I would like to buy a G4, but I am worried about import taxes, Usually they are very high, from places like China.

Edited by george109

Guest Wacky.ddw

After looking some overview video's of MIUI i am really falling in love with it. I guess this probably will never get ported to the Jiayu G4 or MT6589 in general...

So i am really thinking about buying the Xiaomi M2S i know its expensive but its beter then the samsung S4 and its still mutch cheaper then any good phone you can buy here €356.74 (£301.68, $467.00) i dont think i will be sad that im stuck with that rom it looks amazing. And with that CPU + 13mp camera i bet it will take great pictures.

Guest blaster99999

if your looking for a new laptop do a search on here, I got a brand new hp i3 probook last year for £60 , I know you wont get one that cheap now but still worth a look. www.hotukdeals.co.uk for the disbelievers heres the cheap laptop I got , involved getting £100 cash back and also £150 for a load of rubbish trade in .http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/hp-probook-4530s-ebuyer-319-1036081

Guest kyan31

Why, what laptop do you have? Mine has been an abomination ever since i upgraded to Windows 8! :P

Also I would like to buy a G4, but I am worried about import taxes, Usually they are very high, from places like China.

Its not the os that's the problem, its the laptop itself. For a short period if time it was a single core, but then I upgraded to a quad core, but I had to downgrade back to a single core a few days ago. With the Quad Core CPU, my laptop would get so hot you could actually burn yourself on it :P

So basically, my current specs are single core 2.1 GHz with under 2 GB of RAM usable and a 160 GB HDD. Not good at all :/

Guest tillaz

After looking some overview video's of MIUI i am really falling in love with it. I guess this probably will never get ported to the Jiayu G4 or MT6589 in general...

So i am really thinking about buying the Xiaomi M2S i know its expensive but its beter then the samsung S4 and its still mutch cheaper then any good phone you can buy here €356.74 (£301.68, $467.00) i dont think i will be sad that im stuck with that rom it looks amazing. And with that CPU + 13mp camera i bet it will take great pictures.

have you not tried MIUI on your Skate yet ?

GB http://www.modaco.co...72-android-237/

ICS http://www.modaco.co...m-updated-2102/

i'm still waiting for the first tegra 4 smartphone, it has a 72 core GPU :o

in there tech video at MWC 2013 is was scoring 36,591 on antutu benchmark

will be getting rid of the nexus 4 soon as this comes out lol