[TUT] Leaked JellyBean and Unlocked bootloader

Guest vache

My cloudmobile is good to go i just want to know if i can revert later to stock ics firmware without roots and recoverys if i want to. Where can i find it?

Thanks again wimme :)

JB and everything else installed, exception for dormancy app that give me error installation on cwm.

Seems that everything is OK(i should say great) but google maps/now and weather apps cant find my location for themselves.. Do you have this problem?

Edit: a reboot and its working fine now.

Perfect so far..

Edited by Fadox

Guest wimmme

Thanks again wimme :)

JB and everything else installed, exception for dormancy app that give me error installation on cwm.

Seems that everything is OK(i should say great) but google maps/now and weather apps cant find my location for themselves.. Do you have this problem?

Edit: a reboot and its working fine now.

Perfect so far..

You're welcome. And if you want to thank me, use the 'Vote this post up' button, I am also new to the forum, how else can I build a reputation ;-)

Coming from the most tweakable Phone ever build (the Nokia N900), Android is still a bit new for me too.

Bought myseslf a secondhand ZTE Blade because i heard development was very good for it, and i wanted to test Android a bit (experience with iOS: iPad3)

PLeasantly surprised i must say.

Now it's about time to start developing a bit for android, if I can find the time ...

Guest Mircerson

So seems like theres the version for EMEA_FR and WW_GEN 1..

How it is for the ORGROD ( Orange RO ) version? Is someone working on it? We are more then 100 people with the Acer Cloudmobile on the forums , maybe more then 100 active on romanian forums but theres no custom room :(

You guys also have the chance to own dual-carrier models... The -3 models are not dual-carrier. Therefore the roms are different and Acer says that you must not switch roms between DC and non-DC models as this would brick your devices.

Dual-carrier is not dual-sim. It is a technology that allows network speed up to 42Mbps where the standard cloudmobile will only go up to 21Mbps.

It is called dual carrier because it uses two carriers (lines) to double the speed.

Guest Genchou

Does having a -1 CPU mean that flashing won't be possible at all ? Even when the official 4.1 update will be released ?

I have a EMEA_MBSD image (the Mobistar model, but when I bought it I wasn't aware about this limitation) and I fear that I won't be able to customize my CM in the future ...

Guest Genchou

Well, that's not exaclty what I meant, I'm interested to know if having a -1 CPU will prevent from customizing my phone like it is now with the leaked JB.

Moreover, I don't think that in Belgium Mobistar will release any update for the phone (for example my build dates back from september, seems quite old ...), so yeah I want to be able to install updates/custom ROMs on my own.

Guest Mircerson

ORGROD is the newest build on the market right now ( Oficial )

Mobistar is the 2nd

EMEA_MSBD build.date=Wed Sep 12 11:20:26 CST 2012

WWGEN1 build.date=Tue Sep 11 18:58:41 CST 2012

EMEA_ORGROD build.date=Fri Sep 28 11:13:34 CST 2012

EMEA_FR build.date=Tue Sep 11 18:58:41 CST 2012

Guest droidicted

hi, a question... can i proceed even if i have the emea_fr firmware? because i see that the leaked firmware is ww_gen1!

Yes, my device has emea_fr firmware and i had have installed this rom without problems

Guest Mircerson

droidcted what CPU time do you have?

Please , for all the people who flashed jelly bean , can you post a comment with this information pls?

CPU Type:

Firmware : (WW_GEN1 , EMEA_FR etc )

Edited by Mircerson

Orange Romania (EMEA_ORGROD) and Mobistar Belgium (EMEA_MBSD) seems to have -1 (operator version, locked ?) while other have -3 (EMEA_FR & WW_GEN1)(free sale).

Guest Genchou

Orange Romania (EMEA_ORGROD) and Mobistar Belgium (EMEA_MBSD) seems to have -1 (operator version, locked ?) while other have -3 (EMEA_FR & WW_GEN1)(free sale).

I have a EMEA_MBSD. I am not a Mobistar customer (I use Mobile Vikings), so it's doesn't seem to be locked to work only for Mobistar, but when I checked the CPU type with the "fastboot -i 0x0502 oem device-infos" command, there was a line saying "locked : yes". Don't know what it means though.

Guest stanac1

Hi.

I succeeded installing the 4.1.2 ROM thanks to Vache. Then I tried to root with the script provided by vache. The program on my computer told me root has been successfully done.However when I launched Titanium I couldn't use it because it told me the phone wasn't root.I din't know how to do now ?...

Edited by stanac1