Ascend G300 B936 unlock: Qualcom password?

Guest rexmedorum

Guest rexmedorum

I just got a new ascend g300, running b936 off factory. I followed the unlcok steps but the qualcom password is not 0.

anybody any ida what that password could have been changed to? I have googled around but no luck so far.

Guest tcpaulh

What link did you download from? I'm sure I posted one in the unlock thread.

Edit: Yes, I did. It's in about the 4th post of the free unlock thread :)

Edited by tcpaulh

Guest rexmedorum

I did not get to use thedownloaded stuff as I am stuck on step 3:

Back to Background setting and go to Qualcomm background open setting and select background open (pass is 0 (ZERO))

0 is the wrong password any ideas what else it could be?

Guest tcpaulh

Oh, sorry, my mistake :)

That's odd, unless you're not doing it right somehow, which seems unlikely.

You could try the official Huawei downgrade to gingerbread first. Not sure what else to suggest to be honest.

http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwide/downloadCenter.do?method=toDownloadFile&flay=software&softid=NDY4ODA=

Edited by tcpaulh

Guest rexmedorum

ok.

I'm sorry if this is a silly question but the upgrade/downgrade tutorials talk about needing an unlcoked boatloader, has that got anything to do with unlcoking?

Guest tcpaulh

With the official huawei "upgrade.app" method linked above, it doesn't need any unlocking or anything. Just download the file, extract it and follow the included instructions.

Your phone will still be bootloader and sim locked after the downgrade but you should at least then be able to use the free sim unlock method and take it from there by flashing back to ICS using an official upgrade (to upgrade your baseband) then bootloader unlocking/rooting, installing clockworkmod and choosing a custom rom.

Guest tcpaulh

It's not your lucky day. This happens to some people.

Try it without your SD card ie update.app in dload folder on internal storage. If that doesnt work and you're happy to jump through some more hoops then you can try to downgrade usng the IMEI method....unless anyone's got a better idea?

Guest rexmedorum

lol really appriciate your help so late!

my downgrade has now worked out. I had a quick try, but it still doesn't take 0 as password :( :(

Edited by rexmedorum

Guest tcpaulh

Hmm, I cant walk through it here as I'm on a custom rom. What are you hitting after zero. I cant remember if you have to hit dial. Prob best to take it to

There are guys there who've done this more recently than I have.

Guest rexmedorum

cheers that helped!

it all worked, but I noticed my imei had not changed back, even though I worte it with DFS Tool. So I did a restore, as suggested in the 'making IMEI 0 thread'.

This locked the phone again!

I now downgraided again, unlcoked again and then upgraded again and now it works

I would like to thank everybody in this thread forum and especially tcpaulh and aucodeguru :)

Edited by rexmedorum

• 2 months later...
Guest rexmedorum

I just chedked my IMEI and it indicates 0. Everything else works fine though. Is this a problem?

this seems to be a rather big problem when I'm abroad (cannot connect to any networks) anybody any idea how I could fix this? I tried unlocking several times.