Downgrading to gingerbread

Guest Damian J

Guest Damian J

Hi guys,

I have just ported the latest MIUIv4 2.12.14 over to our honor.

Problem is that I need to install from gingerbread baseband 404020 as instructed in ChrisDUK's thread, to actually install test and debug the thing...but my device came with ICS.

Any instructions on downgrading? Is it as simple as simply installing something based on official GB? Am I missing something?

Meanwhile if any dev wants a copy to debug, test, etc; leave me a message.

cheers!

-damian

Guest ChrisDUK

Fair enough, it's not in my actual modaco post and requires a fair bit of looking through the github project to find :P

It's also easier to install CWM recovery from gingerbread as you can just do the 'pink screen mode' thing, which doesn't work on ICS.

Guest Damian J

im farmiliar with the downgrade process now but miui is proving hard to boot anyway, my port wont boot. miui.cn official versions wont boot. i have tried my port with GB baseband and theirs with 4.0.3 baseband, nothing. i'll dig further and see what i can do...

theirs comes with genomod recovery, but it's in chinese. i managed to install and do a wipe data/cache with a bit of trial and error poking through the chinese menu's but still problems.

whats worse is that there is no logcat...

/system/bin/sh: cd: /dev/log - No such file or directory

1|root@android:/dev # exit

exit

adb logcat

Unable to open log device '/dev/log/main': No such file or directory

EDIT,

I'll try 2.10.26 and see what happens. 2.12.14 is the development version and could very well be broken in some way...

EDIT,

the pink screen works fine on my end in official ICS.

PAUL CAN YOU PLEASE RENAME THIS THREAD MORE APPROPRIATELY, I AM GOING TO BE POSTING MY VENURES IN PORTING MIUI, MAYBE "(DEV) MIUI PORTING"

Edited by Damian J