Boot problems on Huawei Ascend G300 ( U8815 )

Guest havrelesinandrei

Guest havrelesinandrei

Hello people. Okay so i got my phone in August, two months later i received an update from Android 2.3.6 to 4.0.3... all went good during the update. A month ( or so ) later, the phone freezes and had to take out the battery to get it to work again, just that after rebooting the phones time and date indicated something like 4:20 AM 13.03.1986 and no network service !!!! Went to a friend of mine to solve this problem, and if i remember correctly he changed the Rom from 934 to 936 ( or something like that ) and the phone was working again. All good till this morning when i found the phone powered off. Had to pull out the battery to turn it on again, just that it won't boot any more, just freezes on the Huawei logo, and every now and then i get this messages :

E: failed to mount /cache ( invalid argument )

E: can't mount /cache / recovery / comand

E: can't mount data /fota/ ipth-muc.prop.

After these messages, the phone just reboots on and on and on .... till the battery runs out. Any ideas about what happened and what could i do to fix it ?

Thank you for the help

A critical file has become corrupt. Was probably in use when you pulled the battery. The phone was still alive so you should have left it to sort itself out.

Time to visit your friend for a repeat performance ;)

Guest havrelesinandrei

Thanks for the reply. The only problem i have to your suggestion is that i'm 1200 Km away from him, moved to Italy one month ago :( , otherwise i wouldn't asked for help.

Guest Fagulhas

I'm not sure if you have a custom recovery, but in any case, just download the latest rom from huawei (in this case, B952). After the download is completed, just extract the folder (dload) to your sdcard and start the phone with volume up and volume down pressed at same time to force a rom upgrade.

You seem to have a partition problem and the system can't find its cache mount point.

http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwide/downloadCenter.do?method=toDownloadFile&flay=software&softid=NDcwMjk=

Edited by Fagulhas

Guest havrelesinandrei

Okay, after 20 tries i finally managed to download the update. Extracted the dload folder on to the 8 Gb SD card, started the phone in force update mode, but after the unpacking was done, i get update failed. So i tried again, but this time with the charger plugged in and with update on a different card ( 16 GB ).... same result :(

Any clues ?

Edited by havrelesinandrei

Guest Dovahpig

1. Take the battery out of your phone and reinsert it. Then, turn your phone on as normal.

2. Connect your phone to your computer.

3. From your computer, open your phone's microSD folder, and then open the folder dload and delete the update.app file.

4. Download this new update.app (1 KB) and copy it to the dload folder on your phone's microSD.

5. Disconnect your phone from your computer.

6. From your phone, go to to Settings -> Storage -> Software Upgrade -> SD card Upgrade and tap Confirm, then Upgrade.

Edited by Dovahpig

Guest havrelesinandrei

1. Take the battery out of your phone and reinsert it. Then, turn your phone on as normal.

2. Connect your phone to your computer.

3. From your computer, open your phone's microSD folder, and then open the folder dload and delete the update.app file.

4. Download this new update.app (1 KB) and copy it to the dload folder on your phone's microSD.

5. Disconnect your phone from your computer.

6. From your phone, go to to Settings -> Storage -> Software Upgrade -> SD card Upgrade and tap Confirm, then Upgrade.

Big problem with that. The phone doesn't start

Guest Fagulhas

Okay, after 20 tries i finally managed to download the update. Extracted the dload folder on to the 8 Gb SD card, started the phone in force update mode, but after the unpacking was done, i get update failed. So i tried again, but this time with the charger plugged in and with update on a different card ( 16 GB ).... same result :(

Any clues ?

Can you try on your internal storage instead?

Guest Dovahpig

Big problem with that. The phone doesn't start

after you flash the middle package, copy the latest rom from huawei website (b952) to your sd card (dload folder) and flash it the same way. it should work

Guest havrelesinandrei

Okay, tried to flash the middle package, but it didn't work either. but i found on my SD card a log that says :

filename = /mmc1/dload/update.app

call RCV_MODULE_END_EVENT failed,module = OEMSBL_VER

CMD=0xf,moduleaddr = 0xea000000, len_tmp=0x58

filename = /mmc1/dload/update.app

call RCV_MODULE_END_EVENT failed,module = OEMSBL_VER_LIST

CMD=0xf,moduleaddr = 0xe9000000, len_tmp=0x19

I don't understand nothing

Guest havrelesinandrei

Try reading this, you might be doing something wrong

http://huaweig300.com/

Already tried that. Doesn't work because i don't know what baseband i have, but most important when i start the phone using vol down key the computer doesn't detect it. I changed the USB port, the cable, SD card, checked the drivers ..... nothing.

Guest Hogweed

Can you boot into stock recovery? That is pull battery and wait 5 seconds. Reinsert battery and then press Volume UP button and Power button at the same time. Keep holding both for a few secs after phone starts. Do you see the phone's recovery menu? If so try clear cache (can't remember if that option is available in standard recovery though). If that doesn't work try reset to factory default as a last resort. That will reformat data and cache partitions.

Edited by Hogweed

Guest havrelesinandrei

Can you boot into stock recovery? That is pull battery and wait 5 seconds. Reinsert battery and then press Volume UP button and Power button at the same time. Keep holding both for a few secs after phone starts. Do you see the phone's recovery menu? If so try clear cache (can't remember if that option is available in standard recovery though). If that doesn't work try reset to factory default as a last resort. That will reformat data and cache partitions.

Yes i can boot into to recovery mode, but this is the only thing i get in recovery mode :

E: failed to mount /cache ( invalid argument )

E: can't mount /cache / recovery / comand

E: can't mount data /fota/ ipth-muc.prop.

As for the restore factory default.... no can do because the phone doesn't boot completely, freezes on the Huawei logo. Is there another way to do that ?

• 1 month later...
Guest havrelesinandrei

Got it fixed. I send it to warranty and they changed the main board. It seams the the memory module was fried ( or something like this ).

Thank you all who were kind enough and tried to help: :)