nandroid backup, please explain how to do it

Guest jugoslav

Guest jugoslav

hi

please can someone explain how to do nandroid backup for g300.

i have read many forums (including this one) and cannot do it.

i'm not an expert, so please have it in your mind when explaining.

thx

Guest jugoslav

oooo thx a lot

can you tell is one nandroid backup only for that specific rom (also there are several roms with same B number is it apply-able to all of them) or can be applied among other rom on the same platform (gb, ics, jb)?

You can use those backups on any ROM of the same baseband. So you could swap between stock+, CM9, and CM10, for example.

Note that backups from different versions of cwm aren't compatable. I'd recommend fagulhas' v6 latest.

Guest sashko69

That's the one. It's fast and fully touch supported. If you are still on stock GB ROM and want to switch to ICS, first you have to back up your IMEI in case you ever need a warranty, it's explained in this forum too.

Edited by sashko69

Guest jugoslav

3 more q

will nand bckup erase all tweaking and scripts?

is it possible to make flashable zip nand bckup?

if i make nand bckup on one B version and make restore on another B version (same basebend), which B version will i have?

Edited by jugoslav

will nand bckup erase all tweaking and scripts?

No. It saves all of that to restore your setup exactly. If you break your phone and you can only get to cwm, you can get back to your fully working state by restoring the nandroid.

is it possible to make flashable zip nand bckup?

No (not as far as I know. The restore is a simple single click anyway from cwm. )

if i make nand bckup on one B version and make restore on another B version (same basebend), which B version will i have?

The baseband will stay the same. Those B numbers are build revisions on the same baseband. 926 to 952 are all baseband 2030. Ice Cream Sandwich. There are bits that won't change from your original update to ICS. That's what affects things like your data upload speeds.

Edited by fr0do

Guest jugoslav

thx fr0do

now i must ask more, if i can and if i'm not pain in the ass

if i make clean install and nand bckup, then apply some scripts, then restore to nand backup i made, scripts will be gone?

if i install B926, make nand bckup, upgrade to B934, do restore nand bckup (which i made on B926) i will get B926 rom?

thx a lot, a lot

if i make clean install and nand bckup, then apply some scripts, then restore to nand backup i made, scripts will be gone?

Yes.

if i install B926, make nand bckup, upgrade to B934, do restore nand bckup (which i made on B926) i will get B926 rom?

Yes, that is also correct.

That's correct too. You're on a roll! ;)