TWRP 2.6.3.1 Official for U8815/U8815N/U8818 [09/12/2013]

Guest alkalinorap

Guest cjcandrei

Hi,

Does anyone know if twrp supports internal sd backup? (Not backup on the internal, but backup the internal on the sd) I'm asking because all my apps are linked to internal. They wouldn't fit on the data part otherwise...

Thanks

Guest dalyer

I was here:

http://www.modaco.co...3/#entry2067649

but as you suggested above maybe it was subsequently removed for some reason!??

Maybe because of problems such as this:

Edit: sorry - you have probably read all of this in this thread already so I may not be adding much to the discussion after all... :blush:

Edited by dalyer

Guest rhen

2.6.0.0 released

Changelog:

• Can encrypt a backup to prevent theft of private data from your backup files
  • Updated graphics / icon courtesy of shift
  • Updated exFAT to latest commits
  • Fixed a problem with Samsung TouchWiz decryption
  • Update SuperSU binary
  • Fixed saving of backup partitions list
  • Fixed saving of last used zip install folder
  • Fixed backup of datadata on devices that use a separate partition for datadata
  • Fixed some issues with the advanced wipe list (android_secure, can now wipe internal storage on data/media deivces and wipe data on the advanced list no longer formats the entire data partition)
  • Fixed some problems with partitioning a SD card
  • Various other bug fixes and tweaks

You can get it from GooManager app or from here.

Guest alkalinorap

09/07/2013: Updated to version 2.6.0.0 with the following changes:

• Can encrypt a backup to prevent theft of private data from your backup files
  • Updated graphics / icon courtesy of shift
  • Updated exFAT to latest commits
  • Fixed a problem with Samsung TouchWiz decryption
  • Update SuperSU binary
  • Fixed saving of backup partitions list
  • Fixed saving of last used zip install folder
  • Fixed backup of datadata on devices that use a separate partition for datadata
  • Fixed some issues with the advanced wipe list (android_secure, can now wipe internal storage on data/media deivces and wipe data on the advanced list no longer formats the entire data partition)
  • Fixed some problems with partitioning a SD card
  • Various other bug fixes and tweaks

Edited by alkalinorap

Guest cjcandrei

Hi,

Can the backup of the internal partition on the sdcard be reintroduced? It is useful for people with many apps linked to internal...

Thanks

Guest george109

Sorry if this is a stupid question but am I right that this is a boot loader? And a boot loader and a recovery program are the same thing? This thread seems to suggest that non-official boot loaders can cause the phone to crash randomly when connected to the 3G network and advises unlocking the official bootloader but doesn't explain how a locked official bootloader differs from and unlocked official bootloader.

This is not a bootloader, this is a recovery program. The bootloader actually loads everything when the phone is first turned on. This is like the recovery partition in windows vista and onwards. The locked official bootloader will not load anything unofficial, including recoveries, and ROMs. It just turns on with a screen saying "Image signature verification failed!" The unlocked bootloader will load anything that it is given. Hope that this helps you :)

Guest kyan31

Can someone upload TWRP 2.6.0.0 to another file hosting service for me? Thanks in advance. I don't know why but I've been having problems loading Mediafire all week :huh:

Guest alkalinorap

Can someone upload TWRP 2.6.0.0 to another file hosting service for me? Thanks in advance. I don't know why but I've been having problems loading Mediafire all week :huh:

Links replaced and re-uploaded to solidfiles.

Greetings.

Edited by alkalinorap

Guest dalyer

does this version already do a backup from my internal data?

Isn't that what cjandrei has been asking for several times recently?

The feature was there at one stage but seems to have been dropped either by accident or by design...

Hi guys.

I'm not finding the options to backup the internal partition in the latest twrp 2502. Has it been removed? I've read the thread and seen that it was introduced in a previous release...

Thanks

Hi,

Does anyone know if twrp supports internal sd backup? (Not backup on the internal, but backup the internal on the sd) I'm asking because all my apps are linked to internal. They wouldn't fit on the data part otherwise...

Thanks

Hi,

Can the backup of the internal partition on the sdcard be reintroduced? It is useful for people with many apps linked to internal...

Thanks

Guest george109

Isn't that what cjandrei has been asking for several times recently?

The feature was there at one stage but seems to have been dropped either by accident or by design...

I *think* that it's not there, you can use the file manager in advanced to copy it manually but that's it I'm afraid...

Guest dalyer

Thanks. I guess that TWRP was forked at some stage to add a G300 specific (?) backup internal partition option but then this change was never merged or accepted into the master copy from which subsequent versions were built?

• 1 month later...
Guest george109

Can anyone confirm is this will work safely on the 109808 baseband? I'm currently using CM7 along with Jsevi's baseband Downgrade zip. Thanks in advance.

P.s I know it says it's GB and ICS compatible on the opening post, but I'd still like a confirmation for peace of mind :P

I assume that it would, but however when I helped somebody over PM, they said that it did not work, but I haven't tried it personally so I can't say.

I would just try flashing it, as you can always revert by using fastboot.

EDIT: oops! I just remembered that you don't have a PC

Personally, I would update the baseband back to 2030 and then use the Gingerbread on ICS Baseband found on the atomicmod thread, and then flash that.

Edited by george109

Guest plewis1981

Has anyone made a backup on 2.6.1.0? I just tryed to backup slim bean and got a message that the backup had failed, so I checked the backup folder and only the system partition had been backed up.

EDIT.

the problem is not with the new build as I just flashed 2.6.0 and had the same problem :(

Anyone know what could be causing this as this is the first time this has happened.

Edited by plewis1981

Has anyone made a backup on 2.6.1.0? I just tryed to backup slim bean and got a message that the backup had failed, so I checked the backup folder and only the system partition had been backed up.

EDIT.

the problem is not with the new build as I just flashed 2.6.0 and had the same problem :(

Anyone know what could be causing this as this is the first time this has happened.

Uncheck the .android_secure for backup. I also have problem if .android_secure has checked to backup.

Guest bladebuddy

Can anyone confirm that partitioning the SD card usning this app damages the SD card as I have used a 8 and 16 gb SD card and both are reported as damaged. They where both old cards cheers J

post-955381-1378727435719_thumb.jpg