[DEV][ROM][24.7.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest Moldova

I've encountered another possible bug today (build from 12. 1.):

If I call a person and I get a busy signal, the ringing sound is coming through the "music" speaker and is very loud. I'm using the default Dialer app.

The easiest way to test this is to call your own number, you will get the busy line sound.

Plug headset and press play music, sound is coming through the speaker.

After receiving/dialing call music starts to play through headset OR start playing music before plug in headset

“With every incoming call it seems to take a few seconds after picking up that my voice gets through to the caller. This issue has been posted already for other devices.”

http://code.google.c...detail?id=42525

Messages are dated from Apr 19, 2011 to nowadays … I make at least 50 calls a day, so i`m OMFG "happy" ( and people who ask why i don`t answer ) of first day testing ROM =)

sometimes buzzes electric sound/voice

Q: do you have same s... ?

Q: how to get rid of annoying picture frames in phonebook & contacts?

Edited by Moldova

Guest snarkavenger

"1. currently Im using cm9 build. Works like a charm for daily use. Is it worth moving to cm10.1?"

I switched from CM9 to CM10.1 about 2 weeks back and I think it's much better for daily use (I thought you'd also like an end user opinion)

"1. currently Im using cm9 build. Works like a charm for daily use. Is it worth moving to cm10.1?"

I switched from CM9 to CM10.1 about 2 weeks back and I think it's much better for daily use (I thought you'd also like an end user opinion)

Yeah, thanks for the opinion. :)

Guest jimwormold

I tried to set up a Raspberry VPN last night and all worked well (http://wellsb.com/post/29412820494/raspberry-pi-vpn-server).

I can connect to it from Windows 7 and Windows XP, from the LAN and the WAN. However, I have no such luck with CM10.1 (on either the blade or my Nexus 7). It's just using PPTP, but I get an IllegalStateException error stating that "mtpd is dead".

Does anyone know what this means?

Has anyone got a VPN connection working on CM10.1?

Many thanks,

Jim

Guest monstrmprz

Hello.

After doing a full wipe and installing this ROM, my phone is stuck on the CyanogenMod boot animation. I waited about 30 minutes before going back to the bootloader and flashing another ROM.

Hello.

After doing a full wipe and installing this ROM, my phone is stuck on the CyanogenMod boot animation. I waited about 30 minutes before going back to the bootloader and flashing another ROM.

Is your system partition 160mb?

Guest monstrmprz

Is your system partition 160mb?

My current partition 220mb, but i solved it, not flash cronmod int2ext after ROM installation!

This ROM doesn't see ext partition? I have 2gb ext partition, cm 9 KonstaKANG ROM see this partition with cronmod int2ext flash, but now i have 77mb free space..

Edited by monstrmprz

New build. This is mostly untested because I haven't used my Blade much lately. Most of the time that I have for hacking Android goes now with my new dev toy. I still have my trusty old Blade but I'll probably just update this ROM on a monthly basis from now on. We have pretty much everything working now anyway. :)

cm-10.1-20130129-KonstaKANG-blade.zip

http://www.mediafire...hy7tbq6rgmeajjr

md5:92047d4a213912097ce96d239257cf10

-hardware vsync events (thanks to daemond)

-fixed some audio routing issues (thanks to daemond)

-fixed messed up u/v plane alignment in some videos (thanks to daemond)

-Custom lock screen background (1,2)

-option to toggle dimming of the notification shade (1,2)

Thankyou :)

put a new sim in this and its been running for 3 days 17 hours and i still got 52% battery left ...no data enabled (new number so no calls or txts) ... gonna leave it till it runs out (but i will phone it in an hour to check its still alive :D ) then install your new version :)

i really appreciate all the work and effort you put in around here :)

Guest elrond_bs

My current partition 220mb, but i solved it, not flash cronmod int2ext after ROM installation!

This ROM doesn't see ext partition? I have 2gb ext partition, cm 9 KonstaKANG ROM see this partition with cronmod int2ext flash, but now i have 77mb free space..

What you flashed is not supported on this ROM. There is no integrated tool for loading ext partition, you need to install S2E or Link2SD and then you ext will be available.

Edited by elrond_bs

Guest monstrmprz

What you flashed is not supported on this ROM. There is no integrated tool for loading ext partition, you need to install S2E or Link2SD and then you ext will be available.

Thanks, but the ROM with S2E, Music Player keep lagging and the Opera Mobile browser too. So i install Link2SD,I hope will be fine now.

Guest bambi143

using this rom for past few days seems stable and no problem at all for daily use dropped idea of selling the blade thanq konstat..i just have one question is there any way to enable a semi-transparent status-bar?

Guest Maarten Lambrecht

Thanks for this rom!

The only problem I have, is a battery drain when mobile data is enabled.

Wifi works great, but when I switch on mobile data my blade gets hot and there is a battery drain. I had the same problem with your previous roms. This did not happen on the stock rom.

Would a logcat help someone to find out what the problem could be?

Maybe it's only a problem of the Blades that where sold in Belgium...

Guest bambi143

yes the rom drains battery but i forget dis fact as i carry the charger :D ..the gesture typing shows swipe trails but it seems not working may be i'm wrong.. :(

i can confirm battery drain also, but i don't know if mobile data is the reason

standby mode of CM10.1 and CM10 is poorest, no doubt but mobile data is really biggest reason because apps in background uses data and prevent phone to sleep, Use Juice defender to automatically switch Data,wifi etc.

Guest KonstaT

yes the rom drains battery but i forget dis fact as i carry the charger :D ..the gesture typing shows swipe trails but it seems not working may be i'm wrong.. :(

i can confirm battery drain also, but i don't know if mobile data is the reason

Errm, the ROM doesn't drain battery. There are no known issues that cause battery drain (like wakelocks etc). It's up to you to find out what's causing the battery issues for you. I'm currently running 7d, 15h, 16m with 35% battery left. ;)

Gesture typing will never work on ARMv6 devices. It needs a proprietary lib.

KonstaT, Help! I'm getting soft reboots while connecting the phone to pc in mass storage mode :(.

Well, it's an AOSP issue because there shouldn't be any devices with mass storage mode and Jelly Bean. This happens because sdcard is unmounted on mass storage mode but Android still wants to access ./android_secure folder on sdcard. Soft reboots happen after you've used apps that you have moved to sdcard with Android's native apps2sd method. Keeps your apps in phone's memory and this doesn't happen.

Hey konsta, will you make a version for jb 4.2.2?

Might be quite difficult as such thing doesn't exist (yet). ;)

Guest KonstaT

maybe gesture typing can be made using some parts from keyboards that have it working for armv6? :D

Google never released the source code for the 'gesture decoder'. There's only code stubs.

You can't use anything from other keyboards but you can of course write one from scratch. When will you do it? ;)

Hey guys, anyone who faces soft reboots when attaching on SD Card mode (I dont though. In fact, I have NEVER had a reboot of any kind other than voluntary) you can use an app from the Store known as, 'Remote Desktop'. Uses your WiFi to transfer files. Faster and more reliable from that stupid cable. I am suggesting because I needed an app like this since I lost my cable, couldnt find a replacement and had to use an SD-Card reader.

Also, KonstaT is right. No battery drains. Use Battery Calibrator. Might help. Like, just last night when I was done using my phone for checking my Facebook and all, I shut off my Data and WiFi both. Phone was in call mode only. Battery

was at 70%. Now, when I got up in the morning, I did not face ANY loss. Battery was still at 70%.

Also, Idk if this is the right place to ask this or not, but my 8GB Class 4 SD card is very small now for me. :P So, can anyone suggest a very good 16GB card? It should be fast. Thats all. Budget, no issue.

If you're experiencing the problem where the Blade does not seem to return from sleep, the screen stays black and only the LEDs light up (commonly known as SOD - screen of death)... then there is a workaround that could help. It appears it is a problem with Android 4.2.1 (not just the Blades).

It's reported here: http://code.google.c...detail?id=40019

Go into Settings | Developer options and turn on the "Animator duration scale" to .5x. This should fix it - most people are saying this has worked on their phones. I have just tried it, so I'll report back.

I can confirm it's been a week and no black SODs (screen of death)! :-D

Guest Kazekage Gaara

I have been meaning to ask this, but many of the Android games just don't work on either CFX or this 4.2.1 build. Is it the blade or Android 4.xx ? or should I downgrade to Swedish Snow to make them work ?

What would you guys suggest ? By the way, everything works perfectly fine on this 4.2.1 except most of the games :)