[DEV][ROM][24.7.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

Guest KonstaT

This ROM is so awesome! Thank you for extending, and heavily enhancing the user experience of this device! ;) I Sir, applaud you to the highest degree! :D I really think you should have an FB page. You deserve it! :) Anyway, I just would like to report a tiny little erm... bug. I can't change the size of the nav bar (20.2 - 4.2.2) that's all. But on you'r previous build (19.1 - 4.2.1) I can. I know it's really pretty small and would probably be fixed in the next update but I just wanted to point it out here that it bugs me to not have that much WVGA screen estate. :unsure:

@ lunario

i have tried the s2e from your post 1424 today in my luchtime (:-))...

... but no real success...

the s2e works under 4.2.2, but it is instable - so when going over roundabout 200 MB errors will occur...

I had a similar effect under Paranoid 3+. There suddenly the internal memory was reduced by 50 MB, although all data is transfered to sd-card...

I will back to cm10, until the developer of s2e supports 4.2.2. And other solutions than s2e seems to be too complicated for me

Thanks for the support of this great ROM

greetings

P.

This. I'm going back to CM10 too. I can't stand the fact that I can't install the mere Facebook app due to low memory. And :blink: it has radio support now.

Guest karololszak

I'm experiencing an issue: when I pick up call (I hope I used the right words - I'm not native english speaker- anyway I mean that someone calls me and I answer it) they simply don't hear me for a first few seconds. I've got a habit of quickly saying "hi" or "yes?" (or something like that, really short words) just after answering it - I say the phrase in the meantime between me swiping the answer key/button and putting the phone to my ear. I do it all together, all at once, instantly, and I didn't have a problem like this on CM7 - but now on CM10.1 (the 20.2 build) people which call me say to me (after a few seconds) "why didn't you say anything when you picked up the phone" when I actually did, but the phone laged or smth and it didn't record / pass on what I said (but it kind of unlocks after a few seconds). I thought it happened on accident (maybe I said "hi" before picking the phone) but after a week or so nearly everyone that called me said to me "why didn't I say something", so I believe it's an issue in the ROM. It feels like it "unlocks" the mic. when I put the phone to my face and after the screen turns black (recognizes that it is at my face), while I say "hi" just before it.

well , i am using this rom's latest (20/2/2013) update and something weird happened yesterday . i kept my phone on the table to do some work and after a few minutes i picked up the phone , pressed the power button and the screen didn't switch on. i also did hold the power button to see if i it could boot the device but the screen simply wont start. then i removed the battery and put it back and booted the phone and it booted normally, and it still had 77% battery left. why or how did that happen ?

Guest peetu20

well , i am using this rom's latest (20/2/2013) update and something weird happened yesterday . i kept my phone on the table to do some work and after a few minutes i picked up the phone , pressed the power button and the screen didn't switch on. i also did hold the power button to see if i it could boot the device but the screen simply wont start. then i removed the battery and put it back and booted the phone and it booted normally, and it still had 77% battery left. why or how did that happen ?

that is not weird, happens for mee too sometimes. Blade just do not wake up sometimes...

Guest youngsta2010

Confirm unable to change nav bar height, also the bottom of the clock and the date is cut off the lock screen when using nav bar and when in landscape the nav bar is stretched off the screen; the back button is just showing but can't be pressed.

i recently made a backup ,with clockwork recovery 6.0.2.7,

Now i needed to use it but when i went into recovery to restore that backup it said "md5 mismatch"

any suggestions?

i really need all that data; i have the backup folder in my sd-card

Guest Cata_Simi

This ROM is so awesome! Thank you for extending, and heavily enhancing the user experience of this device! ;) I Sir, applaud you to the highest degree! :D I really think you should have an FB page. You deserve it! :) Anyway, I just would like to report a tiny little erm... bug. I can't change the size of the nav bar (20.2 - 4.2.2) that's all. But on you'r previous build (19.1 - 4.2.1) I can. I know it's really pretty small and would probably be fixed in the next update but I just wanted to point it out here that it bugs me to not have that much WVGA screen estate. :unsure:

than don't use it like most of us (no offence!)

Guest KonstaT

Looking forward to see working FM Radio App with this CM10.1 ROM very soon :)

Great work! I'll wait for update with the radio.

Huh, who's said anything about a release with FM radio? It's all currently experimental at best.

CM10.1 is still missing all qcom fm implementations. Changes to our device's audio should also be reimplemented for 4.2 api. I really don't have the time/energy/interest to do any of it.

Hi KonstaT

Just wondering, if you had jiayu g3, would you be making custom roms for it?

Extremely hypothetical question. I would never have a MediaTek device in the first place. ;)

Guest peetu20

Huh, who's said anything about a release with FM radio? It's all currently experimental at best.

CM10.1 is still missing all qcom fm implementations. Changes to our device's audio should also be reimplemented for 4.2 api. I really don't have the time/energy/interest to do any of it.

Extremely hypothetical question. I would never have a MediaTek device in the first place. ;)

Not ad hoc support for cm10.1? :(

Sorry, to bother you again, but in your opinion, which middle-end device has the best potential for custom rom development? I mean, in which device would you personally be highly interested?

Sorry, to bother you again, but in your opinion, which middle-end device has the best potential for custom rom development? I mean, in which device would you personally be highly interested?

He has Blade III now and is waiting for nexus 4 to be available for reasonable price.

Personally I would go for galaxy s2, official jb, 1gb ram, lots of roms.

Edited by leripe

Guest peetu20

He has Blade III now and is waiting for nexus 4 to be available for reasonable price.

Personally I would go for galaxy s2, official jb, 1gb ram, lots of roms.

I like sgs2 too, and its cheap if you do not buy i new,,,

here in finland everything is so expensive,,,

its good phone, maybe i need to port my mods to sgs2, if those arent avaible :)

Sorry for my misunderstanding. I thought below changes from CM10.1 regarding FM Radio support

http://review.cyanog....org/#/c/31139/

http://review.cyanog....org/#/c/30657/

Which you have reverted on 11​.2.2013 changelog:

• reverted commits (1,2) that caused 'Process system isn't responding' issue on every reboot

But above issue is fixed in below patch for CM10.1:

http://review.cyanog....org/#/c/32554/

Along with FM Radio App support made by Daemond for CM10 with his great efforts will make implementation of FM Radio in this CM10.1 (4.2.2) ROM feasible with minimal efforts.

Never mind KonstaT. Really Appreciate your efforts for this ROM :)

Probably Daemond could take this FM Radio work on CM10.1 (4.2.2) forward :P

Edited by anantk

than don't use it like most of us (no offence!)

well that was unnecessarily offensive. I just ASKED for a simple (or so it seems) fix that's all, but yeah I already reverted back to CM10 (cont. by daemond) and still suffer the same issues. Why do these new ROMS not feature nav bar resizing, why? :(

Guest dreis911

i recently made a backup ,with clockwork recovery 6.0.2.7,

Now i needed to use it but when i went into recovery to restore that backup it said "md5 mismatch"

any suggestions?

i really need all that data; i have the backup folder in my sd-card

That's strange!

I have the same recovery and just to help you I did the following:

I did a Nandroid to my phone and uploaded the files to my PC and run a check on every file and they're all OK.

Then I restored the backup and there was no error on the MD5 check, and the restore ran OK. I rebooted the phone and all went well.

I think you may have problems on your SDcard or on your internal memory (that's the only explanation I can find).