[DEV][ROM][24.7.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest nohab013

hi,

many thanks KonstaT for this fantastic ROM. My girlfriend's Blade was put aside after a technical failure in January (was running on stock but showed nothing more than a green droid following the switch on, CWM didn't work either) and she got my Skate (i'd been using a phablet for a couple of months those days). After nearly two months we got the blade back repaired (was done under warranty) and as she decided to stay on the skate i took a look around what i can do with the repaired blade (actually my aim was to get a small but smart enough phone for all ocassions i don't want to go to with a huge phablet in my pocket, excursions, concerts, pubs etc.).

To tell you the truth this is much more than i expected :)

After two days of trying hard with this ROM i have a working link2sd now, which is a keypoint for me, because i don't want to put every user app to the card because of it's speed (class 4 only) but need the additional space an sd can offer. The key moment probably was when i formatted the ext4 partition (2048MB) with my PC (minitool partition wizard home edition, remember to format it as primary partition), made a full wipe right after that and did everything again from zero and voila! it works now (survived som restarts as well). Before that i faced the same problem someone mentioned a hundred page earlier in this thread that everything could be linked and used after that but during the bootup both the dex and lib files were put back to the internal memory, only the apks remained linked, which caused a rapidly melting memory and some hairy moments due to that.

Unfortunately bt hadn't ever worked as expected for file transfer (pairing is ok) but didn't try with my car stereo or any headset yet, which is the only important thing i use the bt connection for.

All in all: i'm really happy with it, thanks again :)

Guest dreis911

To tell you the truth this is much more than i expected

Welcome to this Topic where everyone is trying to make a Ferrari out of a Fiat. :D no offense to Fiat fans.

Guest Roy Fokker

Ferrari is owned by Fiat. :D

As to stay on topic - I've seen a vast improvement in smoothness and consistency with this last build, as well as battery life. Great job and thanks.

Guest peetu20

Okay I've tried it, it still abort. Should I install it from sideload? How?

Of course you can flash via sideload, just instal latests adb from jb sdk, and set blade to sideload mode, and write: adb sideload and drop zip to to window, and let phone flash it.

But its still easier of course flash zip, for "noob", sideload is handy only for peoples, who needs to flash lot of zips, like KonstaT and me

Guest dreis911

Where can I find cLock Widget standalone? I want to go to ECO CM9 but I really like this cLock ;)

It's easy!

Open the ROM file "cm-10.1-20130329-KonstaKANG-blade".

Go to system\app and extract the "LockClock.apk" (that's the cLock).

Guest Kalty

It's easy!

Open the ROM file "cm-10.1-20130329-KonstaKANG-blade".

Go to system\app and extract the "LockClock.apk" (that's the cLock).

Thanks a lot. And y think it will be working in CM9?

Guest dreis911

Thanks a lot. And y think it will be working in CM9?

I honestly don't know.

But you can try without any problems. The most it can do is not work.

Guest abarthman

Welcome to this Topic where everyone is trying to make a Ferrari out of a Fiat. :D no offense to Fiat fans.

Hmmmmm... :unsure:

Guest Kazekage Gaara

Hey guys, the only thing stopping me from upgrading to this awesome rom from 4.1 (Daemond's) is the nonfunctionality of S2E. Do we have any alternatives to S2E ?

Thanx a lot in advance for any help with this :)

Guest Loki86

i write this some days ago

i found a way to use s2e, before i have some problem but now work really good

my sd-ext partition is 1,5 gb

i format sd in etx4 with mini tool partition

than install this s2e version took from xda http://www.mediafire...t5l9pyb33lqn6a8

than open s2e, check mount as ext4 and reboot

after that you can select all option like me and everything work fine

Guest Kazekage Gaara

S2E works with no problems.

Are you talking about the modified version posted on the second page of this thread ?

If yes, then I've already tried this on the third last release of this rom, and after close to 250 mb of installation of apps, it started giving me "insufficient space" errors. What became worse was that the already installed apps, even after downloading the update, would not upgrade to the latest version and would show up "insufficient space" error :(

I would urge you to help me out with this. Can you upload YOUR OWN TESTED VERSION that you use and provide me the link :) I would love to give it another shot :)

Thank you SO MUCH for the help :)

i write this some days ago

i found a way to use s2e, before i have some problem but now work really good

my sd-ext partition is 1,5 gb

i format sd in etx4 with mini tool partition

than install this s2e version took from xda http://www.mediafire...t5l9pyb33lqn6a8

than open s2e, check mount as ext4 and reboot

after that you can select all option like me and everything work fine

Thanx a lot for the link Loki. By the way, I have 1 Gb partition and now am thinking of expanding it to 1.5 since you've tested it to work properly.

Also, can you tell me where can I get this "mini tool partition" and how to use it ? I formatted my SD card in ext4 using the ClockWorkRecovery.

Edited by Kazekage Gaara

Guest Kazekage Gaara

http://www.partition...on-manager.html

Also correct me if I'm wrong, but clockworkmod partitions your sd card to ext3 format, not ext4.

Hi,

Thanx for the link. So I should remove my MicroSD card and connect it to the computer using a card reader and use the above software to partition it to ext4, right ?

Guest robreid

Hi,

Thanx for the link. So I should remove my MicroSD card and connect it to the computer using a card reader and use the above software to partition it to ext4, right ?

No bother.

Yeah that would be ideal if you have an card reader, but if not then put your phone into recovery and then go to mount usb storage or something like that and use the phone as a card reader, either way works.

Remember to format both partitions of the sd card as "primary", and that you don't need a swap partition at all.

Guest klacirtg

It seems to me I have WIFI connection-, and speed problems...

Still trying...

After a reboot the phone forgot every presets, I think I do a clean install, not the upgrade.

After clean install everythig works fine. :D First I installed the rom and GAPPS, and after Chronmod script. I have 1 GB internal memory ;)

Edited by klacirtg

Guest ds-driver

S2E works with no problems.

High,

S2E makes big troubles for users like me, so I tried the INT2EXT4-Script.

With this script, the phone-memory is as big as your sd-ext; and not only 160MB...

Sorry I am not capable to get work s2e with my roundabout 130 Apps without problems - but with int2ext all was in order...

Sorry for writing over s2e in this topic, am angry to be banned for this...

Greetings

P.

Konsta can you add Hot Reboot option in the reboot menu like it was in CM10?

Cause sometimes when the phone slows down it is better to restart the system ui than the whole phone.