How to go back to Stock ROM?

Guest fahad.sagittarius

Guest fahad.sagittarius

I have custom ROM installed on my phone. My phone is a gen2 device (it came that way). Now I want to install Stock ROM but after flashing that ROM my phone got stuck at DELL screen. Though I can boot into recovery. The ROM which I flashed has recovery in it. Everything went successfully but still when I start phone holding down volume key I am taken to clockwork not FTM. What actually is the problem? I thought that this might be because my device is gen2 and ROM is gen1. So I tried TPT method to go back to gen1. But I am not able to do so. When I power on my phone holding menu and vol up button (with image folder on the root directory of my SD card), DELL logo start flashing on the screen with red back light on. Few days back I used same SD card to unbrick my phone using TPT method. Dunno why it’s not working now. What could be the problem? Apart from TPT. Is there any other way like flashing some file through clockwork to switch between gen1 and gen2? Anybody please help. And what could be the reason that I am not able to use TPT method?

Edited by fahad.sagittarius

Guest fahad.sagittarius

Almost bricked my phone. Recovered using firmware flasher. And entered IMEI number using hex editor. Every thing working fine now. Sad part is that nobody helped :-)

Guest Snap.IT

Almost bricked my phone. Recovered using firmware flasher. And entered IMEI number using hex editor. Every thing working fine now. Sad part is that nobody helped :-)

No, the sad part is that you didn't care enough to search the forum for an answer that has been repeated MANY times and you waited three hours for an answer to your post? This is not the ZTE helpdesk you know.

I posted a reply to this very issue not too long ago, you could have found it if you searched for it.

For future reference if someone finds this thread:

1. Go to the zte homepage for your nation, in the case of fahad it would be http://wwwen.zte.com.cn/endata/mobile/India/

2. Find and select your phone.

3. Download software from "software download", it comes as a zip file and within that file there is a .pdf file with complete instructions as well as the actual software package.

This will restore your phone completely to the latest available official ZTE supported ROM for your phone.