Can't boot into TPT

Guest Surgat

Hi,

I have been trying to flash a new rom onto my Blade, but every time I try to boot into the TPT to change the partition layout I end up booting into the existing Android... I really don't know why, I have followed the instructions (taking battery out, waiting 30 secs, putting battery back in) and tried several different TPTs (KonstaT's TPT for stock Gen2 -which is mine according to Mr Pigfish-, Gen1-to-Gen2 -which didn't work but showed green letters and an error- and one I made myself with TPT helper for Stock Gen2).

It may be worth noting that I have two partitions in my SD card from the last time I flashed a ROM (Codename GingerX, 2.3.4). I have a 125MB ext4 sd-ext partition and a 7.1GB fat32 partition for data. I don't think if this matters, but I tried putting the image/ folder in both partitions and even tried a different sd card in case it made a difference - but it didn't. Every single time it booted into the existing android os, but for the time I tried KonstaT's Gen1-to-Gen2 TPT which showed green letters saying "error! error! error!"

So I'm out of ideas here. Any input will be appreciated.

Cheers!

Guest android@sam

It's normal to get an error message when attempting for a TPT for changing partitions.Don't worry!After completion of tpt,it should boot into recovery.Then flash your desired rom.

I hope this helps you!!

Guest android@sam

@Planax

when i tried konstaT's gen1-to-gen2 TPT which showed a message in green letters error! Error! Error!

He is able to enter the correct combination.

@android@sam, it showed the error messages when I tried the wrong TPT image (Gen1-to-Gen2, when my phone is Gen2, European Blade sold with Froyo). And there was no clue of a process going on, so I turned it off and back on and it booted into android. Should I try it again and wait?

@planax, yes I did that.

@HumaDroid, that as well, every time but for the one when I created my own TPT.

I have just read that Mr. Pigfish is unreliable and that Blade Checker is better, so I've just installed it and it says: "Stock/Windows Upgraded Gen 2 Phone detected". So I need Gen2 TPTs and none of them boot. Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?

What I do: download ROM and put it into SD card, check md5, download TPT and extract into card or make TPT with TPT Helper, shut down, take battery out, wait 30 secs, put battery back in, hold vol+ and menu and then power. It boots into Android, as always.

P.S: I am going through the entire process now and TPT Helper's option "Check image folder" returns as output only 10 out of 12 matches, the no match ones being appsboot.mbn and partition_zte.mbn. It happens again if I recreate the TPT.

P.P.S: I have just read from TPT Helper's author Amphoras that it is expected that those two files do not match md5 sums when using custom partition sizes because they have been modified, so that cannot be the problem.

Edited by Surgat

Guest Surgat

Today I tried a clean sd card, created a new TPT image and booted from it. Surprisingly, it did boot the TPT, but it showed error! messages. I waited 5 min and it was still there and not responding to any input (such as holding power button), so I took the battery out, tried again and the same happened.

So I'm totally lost here, any ideas?

Edit: I have just tried windows flashing following this thread, but it won't even boot into recovery mode holding volume down. Is my rom badword or what?

Edited by Surgat

Guest Surgat

Ok, now I have done it via windows flash. The problem was that I had to turn it on while it was connected to the PC via USB. It didn't work when I did it without connecting it, or I did something wrong. Now it's booting into my new ECO CM9 :D