[Mod] 'Stock' Android 4.0.4 pack for Xolo ICS

Guest Simon O

Guest ayziaa

@mod

Fantastic work thanks. I only bought my osd couple of days ago I actually had a sgs2 and sold for £200 to buy nexus 4 and decided to just get osd and have £100 left and I expected a slow sluggish phone but I feel like its a upgrade to the sgs2 really pleased. Only suggestion I would give just to make the phone a but cleaner I have ocd lol remove the setting menu ota update option I think this can be done via settings.apk and is there a way to remove the power widget from the pulldown?

don't know about ota menu, don't really understand why to remove it but about the power widget in the notification pulldown it's rather easy thing to do. You need to root your osd and to go into build.prop there is a line there related to the power widget, just set value from 1 to 0, save the modification, reboot and it's done.

Edit : it's this line: ro.product statusbarwidget=1

Edited by ayziaa

Guest Simon O

I have this re-uploading to dropbox so it can be used with the AIO-toolbox. I also fixed the typos in the scripts, re-added the missing MusicFX.apk so you get the music equaliser back and also added the older PlusOne.apk so full Picasa sync works correctly. This should be an acceptable solution until Google fixes the bug!

Also downgraded the camera app back to the original Intel one. The Motorola app is still available in another post if you want to use it. I just figured some people might want the smoother image preview & the burst mode.

Guest jasonXXx

Hmm just noticed that there is no clock widget so there is no alarm clock this is strange as the deskclock.apk is present in system/app any idea?

Can some one post a working deskclock.apk for the xolo rom thanks.

Edit its OK I have downloaded a desk clock that works.

Edited by jasonXXx

Guest Fixticks

For anyone getting the same issue i did, (Remount failed).

6gzsc9.png

Root the device using AIO Tool by Rickywyatt successfully.

Open the adb-insecure app, grant it Super-user access

In the adb-insecure app, make sure the patch option is enabled.

Then run the script_windows.bat file again (if you're on windows or the linux one if on linux)

when you see this, you're in business

5z46sz.png

Guest jasonXXx

@op

What do you think about removing the update from ota menu option from the settings.apk just for polish I would do it myself but I'm having problems with decompiling and recompiling is there any chance you can do it? Thanks.

EDIT: Done it so scrap this post.

Edited by jasonXXx

Guest Simon O

We (the forum) have an agreement with Swype that prevents us from distributing the apk on it's own, in a custom rom or a mod pack - even if it was pre-installed on a device. Sorry guys :(

I've removed the download link from the first page as the mod has been fully integrated into the AIO-Tool by rickywyatt. I believe this will be a lot safer and easier for people to use as I've sadly already seen reports of bootlooping caused by using my mod (most likely related to dalvik-cache not being wiped)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest grizzlyflea

Any chance you can upload the stock gallery apk? And maybe the stock camera apk?

Cheers

I'd also like to see the stock ics camera as well. Its a lot smoother and cleaner than both moto's and Intel's :)

• 7 months later...
Guest Roger Barnett

I want to use this stock pack and have tried but it doesn't work. I've obviously missed something but this thread confuses me. At the very top there is talk of a zip file and creating a folder in AIO tool folder, but there is no link to a zip file and then further down it is mentioned that the pack is integrated into the AIO tool, which is supposed to be a link but doesn't work.

Which is it, one or the other?

When I look in my AIO tool folder c:\sandiego\tools, there is a folder called flibblesan which is empty.

There is no folder called 'xolodx' in my tools folder.

Is there a way that I can confirm that I have the version of the tool where it is integrated?

May I suggest that if there is no longer a zip file then you remove references to it, and please could you update the link to the integrated version of the tool?

Thanks

EDIT: After a lot of puzzling, I finally worked this out - that I'm supposed to run setup32.bat which downloads the relevant module into the sandiego folder before actually running it.

Edited by Roger Barnett