[ROM][CM10+AOKP+PA] PAC-man ROM v19.6.0 for ZTE Blade [Updated 31/3/13]

Guest zeelog

After one week of heavy use, I can confirm that this is one of the best ROMs I've tried since a long time. There's no reason to use regular CM10/AOKP/PA ROMs :)

I haven't noticed any majos issues, battery life is also fine. Only one thing I miss: brightness transitions. I hate this instant change, for example, when switching down the lights in my room while I play with the phone :(

Any idea when we can get PAC 19.9.0? :D

Cause its out on Ace.

its based on 4.2.1 isnt it...

but we still have lot of problems like s2e/link2sd not working properly, RR etc

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Ah good, so the PAC is gonna go upto 4.2.1 or even 4.2.2 then hopefully...???

As Ive been trying to add the AOKP features in myself, without much success, it keeps crashing for me... :(

Cheers, Lister

Guest razzmataz1478
Ah good, so the PAC is gonna go upto 4.2.1 or even 4.2.2 then hopefully...???

As Ive been trying to add the AOKP features in myself, without much success, it keeps crashing for me... :(

Cheers, Lister

How, exactly? You need to add ROMControl obviously, and you'll need to add some framework parts.

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi razzmataz1478,

Yes, thats exactly what I did.... I added the ROMControl, but didnt know or find where the Framework files were...??? However it would appear that the PAC team are having the same problems with ROMControl and Android 4.2.2 also. But seeing as they know more, might just wait and leave it down to them.... Unless any one can point me in the direction of ROMControl framework files...??

Cheers, Lister

Guest bladeuv880

I install the last version and a message wait for me: "aosp keyboard stop working, sorry"... again & again the message and phone was without keybord.

Flashed again but the same. Just for the story all of these.

Now i'm with backup (previous edition of rom) and everything "ok".

I flashed blade_PAC_JB_4.1.2-v19.3.8.zip and the same is happening on my ZTE blade Chinese. Is it due to the low RAM?

I even installed Touchpal keyboard. Even with that the keyboard vanishes and doesn't come up after that.

Guest kogos

good idea, patching this with the latest updates from daemond would be awesome, since almost all cm10 roms now have fm radio support. I just hope dev didn't move to cm10.1 and deal only with v20.

Edited by kogos

Guest kogos

as said a couple of days ago, any chance of getting fm radio on this? I love pacman roms but i also use my radio a lot, and since cm10 and PA now have fm radio support, i thought it will be added to this sometime... I have no idea if this project is abandoned though, moving to 4.2.2 or something.

Guest zeelog

new build up:

http://goo.im/devs/zeelog/roms/blade/blade_PAC_JB_4.1.2-v19.4.0.zip

Changelog:

PAC ROM: v19.4.0 (5/3/2013)

Fix corruption in Trebuchet's icon label rendering

Add FM radio support

Libpower tunings

Updated KGSL from CAF, fixes GPU out of memory issues (i.e. white textures and the like)

(Credit to daemond for the above)

Fixed AOSP keyboard issues from 19.3.8

Guest kogos

@ehleh: TreButchet version 0.2.

I have only 2 problems with this latest build:

1) navbar height when landscape is not working (in ROM Control). No matter what i put in there, navbar height when in landscape is not changing.

2) i cannot find an option to choose custom automatic backlight levels. There used to be an option in Display->automatic backlight, but it's not there anymore.

Anybody got any ideas for those 2 issues?

Guest zeelog

@ehleh: TreButchet version 0.2.

I have only 2 problems with this latest build:

1) navbar height when landscape is not working (in ROM Control). No matter what i put in there, navbar height when in landscape is not changing.

2) i cannot find an option to choose custom automatic backlight levels. There used to be an option in Display->automatic backlight, but it's not there anymore.

Anybody got any ideas for those 2 issues?

i'm not sure if navbar landscape has actually ever worked, but you can adjust navbar in landscape mode if you're on stock UI by adjusting navbar WIDTH (from ROMcontrol) or else by switching to PhabletUI and setting navbar portrait height.

re automatic backlight it's there, under brightness..as per screenshot

post-965668-0-01115100-1362653371_thumb.

Guest kogos

automatic backlight is there, but in other roms (mostly cm7/9 based) there is an option to change backlight levels, when inside automatic backlight menu. Same thing can be done with cm10.1 based roms, through display options... Anyway, minor details... this rom is brilliant as it is...

thanks for the info on navbar height btw, didnt thought of doing it like this. Thanks

Guest FatFingers

I'm reactivating my old sanfran but I'm worried: Does this ROM work for gen 1 versions? Hope so, be awsome to get it bang up to date.

Guest zeelog

I'm reactivating my old sanfran but I'm worried: Does this ROM work for gen 1 versions? Hope so, be awsome to get it bang up to date.

Minimum system partition required for this rom + gapps is 160mb . You can find gen1->gen2 TPTs here

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi ZeeLog / All,

This is no disrespect to your great work, and is no doubt summit to do with my phone as it has worked perfectly before... But I downloaded this latest version as I was going away and needed summit I could rely on, and know works with S2E very well... As S2E is only supported by CM10 and not CM10.1 yet...

Anyway, having installed this ROM at least 3x times from fresh wipe.... Each time I rebooted the phone, I lost all my Apps... :( I had to keep going into S2E and telling it what it has moved by placing ticks back in the boxes. Not sure why it was so forgetful??? lol.

Anyway, just a heads up in case anyone else gets it... As I wiped my phone straight after and re-installed again at first as thought my phone had died. But then realised after wipe that it may just need a re-link via S2E...

Now that I am back, I am going back to your PAC2 rom... ;) :D

Guest FatFingers

Cheers, zeelog! I've spent the last few days completely missing the point of the gen1>gen2 tpt! Oops, I feel like(a particularly stupid) Rip Van WInkle. Thanks

Edit: And it's installed and working like a dream. Thanks again.

Edited by FatFingers

• 2 weeks later...