Worth the wait?

Guest andysalmon

Guest andysalmon

I ordered my 4 on 5/12 with a 6 week estimate on dispatch. According to the latest shipping update (yesterday) it is due for dispatch by the evening of 28/1.

Now, I am acutely aware that as time goes by; even in the space of a few weeks, that manufacturers will be falling over themselves to beat the spec of the 4. Bearing in mind that I still have 4 weeks to wait, is it worth waiting for the 4 or just a little longer for the latest spec handset to hit the market?

Guest The Soup Thief

I can imagine your frustration with the wait but I'm sure it'll be a good while before anyone else brings out a device as slick as this at so low a price. Patience dear boy....

Edited by The Soup Thief

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dio-Genes

Got mine last saturday, and yes, it's worth it.

Rumours go, that the production will be stopped by LG, so, it will become really rare and I'm glad, I got mine.

Besides, it's terrific :-)

Guest Sonny Atwal

I ordered my 4 on 5/12 with a 6 week estimate on dispatch. According to the latest shipping update (yesterday) it is due for dispatch by the evening of 28/1.

Now, I am acutely aware that as time goes by; even in the space of a few weeks, that manufacturers will be falling over themselves to beat the spec of the 4. Bearing in mind that I still have 4 weeks to wait, is it worth waiting for the 4 or just a little longer for the latest spec handset to hit the market?

There are already phones out there that beat the spec of the Nexus 4, none of them are nowhere near £230-£270 though sim free and brand new.

It will be roughly 2 years (from the launch date) I reckon before a "brand new" phone will have this sort of spec at this price range

Guest geoff1951

Just wandered over here from the Orange San Diego posts.

I was looking at the Google Nexus 4 in a couple of shops yesterday, (they have "LG" on the back) together with the Galaxy III. The N4 certainly seemed to be faster than the GIII, and nicer to handle, and I'm very tempted by it.

Those of you who've actually got one and been using it for a while, what DON'T you like about it?

IF I do go for it, I'd prefer to keep it stock. In the case of the OSD, rooting and applying ICS is essential to get the most out of that phone. Is there a great deal to gain in applying the mods described elsewhere in the forum for the N4?

Thanks.

Edited by geoff1951

Guest Dio-Genes

hi geoff, had a huawei ideos x3 and a zte skate before this one, which i rooted and tried various custom roms (that was quite needed, because the stock just wasn't that good).

i tried around a little bit with the nexus but gave up soon, because it seems to be much harder to root and stuff.

besides, in my opinion theres not really a need to root and get custom stocks for it - it is running soooo smooth and terrific just out of the box.

i guess, i'll keep it that way...

Guest andysalmon

I've got mine now. I'm NOT impressed with the lack of a stock T9 dialler, lack of removable storage or battery life. Otherwise it's a nice device, but I'm still not convinced it's enough of a step up from my Galaxy S2.

hi geoff, had a huawei ideos x3 and a zte skate before this one, which i rooted and tried various custom roms (that was quite needed, because the stock just wasn't that good).

i tried around a little bit with the nexus but gave up soon, because it seems to be much harder to root and stuff.

besides, in my opinion theres not really a need to root and get custom stocks for it - it is running soooo smooth and terrific just out of the box.

i guess, i'll keep it that way...

when i got my galaxy nexus i kept it 2 weeks stock and i wanted to keep it like this ... but one guy told me that my phone didnt deserve to be stock ;). its poor with the stock rom ... thats why after sometime you will root and install a custom rom to ur phone

I've got mine now. I'm NOT impressed with the lack of a stock T9 dialler, lack of removable storage or battery life. Otherwise it's a nice device, but I'm still not convinced it's enough of a step up from my Galaxy S2.

advice ? install custom rom ;) .. about the memory or battery pls dont complain at all ... i am pretty sure u did read well the specs before u buy this phone ... if u wanna have fun with it then just accept it how it is and live with it ..

have fun by rooting :P

Edited by jeddy1

• 3 weeks later...
Guest masterpfa

Definitely worth the wait in my opinion. I was fortunate enough to get mine when the 2nd batch was released to the Google Play Store. Best phone I have owned and on par with most phones out there currently at a price that puts the rest to shame.

Guest TheTwiddler

Ordered a 16GB Nexus 4 from the Google Play Store late last night despite the site saying there was a 1 - 2 week wait. Got an email at 18:00 today saying it had been shipped!

WoooHooo.