Petition against Intel Corporation for unlocking boot-loaders and jelly bean update

Guest kabirsaini2011

Guest kabirsaini2011

As per the latest discussion with co-founder of Lava International i.e. Xolo Inc. They dont have any plan for upgrading Xolo x900 to Jelly Bean. Here is the conversation :-

Vishal Sehgal (Co-founder and Director Lava International Ltd.)

Dear Yasin, it is always a pleasure to hear from a Xolo X900, thank you for being one. I will share you're feedback with the concerned people here, who will contract you shortly to help where possible. Regarding jelly bean update, after providing the ICS upgrade, Intel does not plan have any current plans to upgrade x900 to jelly bean. If they do so, we will keep you informed. Cheers, and wishing you a great year ahead.

Do share your coordinates so that our team can contact you.post-986052-0-93838600-1357375905_thumb.

so we(Intel xolo x900 a group on facebook) decided to sign a petition on behalf of xolo x900/ Orange San Diego / Megafon Mint to unlock our phone's boot-loader + provide us Jelly bean update. Please support us here by commenting @ http://www.androidno...ega-phone-mint/

Edited by kabirsaini2011

Guest Simon O

Intel have been working on Jelly Bean since the source was available and engineers have been running 4.1 on test devices since September - http://www.pcworld.c..._its_chips.html

The claims from the 'director' make absolutely no sense. Why would Intel spend time and money porting Android 4.1 to Medfield devices if it has no plans to bring it to retail? Also the information from this 'director' completely goes against what I've been told by Intel representatives and also goes against what was reported on several major websites over the last few months (as above). So who is lying? Lava or Intel?

I believe the true story is that Lava have decided not to offer an update for it's own customers because it would rather sell you a new phone.

Good luck anyway.

Guest MrPuddington
so we(Intel xolo x900 a group on facebook) decided to sign a petition on behalf of xolo x900/ Orange San Diego / Megafon Mint to unlock our phone's boot-loader + provide us Jelly bean update. Please support us here by commenting @ http://www.androidno...ega-phone-mint/

While I agree with the goal, I do not think that Intel is the problem here, so there is little point in petitioning Intel. They have been working on JB for a long time, and they supposedly have a test version ready, but the network providers are not interested in bringing it to customers.

Guest BlueMoonRising

While I agree with the goal, I do not think that Intel is the problem here, so there is little point in petitioning Intel. They have been working on JB for a long time, and they supposedly have a test version ready, but the network providers are not interested in bringing it to customers.

Agreed about Intel not being the problem but IF (and there is a big question mark over this) Lava/Xolo/Orange or whoever has decided not to push JB out then Intel can bring a lot more pressure than we poor mugs who actually buy the devices. At least to get JB out and preferably unlocking the bootloader.

Guest Simon O

If it's really down to Lava not wanting to provide Jelly Bean then it's really bad service. I just hope we get Jelly Bean from at least one provider. Even if it's from Orange it'll be welcome (once all the horrible Orange stuff has been removed). We just wanted Lava because they don't ask for the ROM to be customised so much.

I really really wish Intel & Borqs would just release pure unbranded ROMs for us. That way we can have an update without having to rely on carriers. Wasn't there somebody on this forum that knows somebody who works for Borqs? Maybe they can tell us if an update is coming.

I'd like Jelly Bean but I'm not desperate for it because, honestly, ICS runs like a dream on my San Diego.

Edited by flibblesan
spelling

Guest ayziaa

I'd like Jelly Bean but I'm not desperate for it because, honestly, ICS runs like a dream on my San Diego.

I agree 100% and it's for that reason that I was looking forward to see jelly bean on the osd. ICS is allready so smooth and responsive that with project butter and all It would be such an amazing experience on this device. Hopefully we'll get an rom from somewhere and we'll debrand it like you said, but it was so good to find the 4.0 xolo rom with no ugly customisation like on the orange rom (OMG that rom looks ugly)

Edited by ayziaa

Guest MrPuddington
Agreed about Intel not being the problem but IF (and there is a big question mark over this) Lava/Xolo/Orange or whoever has decided not to push JB out then Intel can bring a lot more pressure than we poor mugs who actually buy the devices.

How so? Pull comes from the customers, we are the customers, we have to talk to Orange, Xolo, and whoever sold us the phone. Intel is just doing what Orange asks them to do. Usually the network providers are interested in providing updates, but only moderately so. Orange is probably not one of the most customer focused networks...

Guest rickywyatt

I had found a man that build roms for are phones and he gave me the software thay used to flash roms to the test Intel medfield motherboard but I don't no how to use it and he said he ant worked on it since it was released

Guest grizzlyflea

I had found a man that build roms for are phones and he gave me the software thay used to flash roms to the test Intel medfield motherboard but I don't no how to use it and he said he ant worked on it since it was released

sounds like we may have the slightest glimmer of a breakthrough

Guest admanirv

What format is it in exe or .c .h or something else? maybe it needs compiled somehow?

Guest rickywyatt

its a exe called download-tool it works on windows and there is a program for linux too

and it has the source code too

xfstk.zip

xFSTK-1.0.4a.zip

Guest kabirsaini2011

What about boot-loaders are we satisfied with the boot-loaders status ??.. We have awesome developers like Rickywyatt but boot-loaders restricted us ... Lava's co-founders have been informed about the petition and we are waiting for their reply.. will update here soon

Guest Simon O

Removing the signed status of the bootloader through an unlock would be a good solution. It would allow us to flash our own images and may even allow us to 'port' ROMs from the RAZR i.

I'd like this to happen but I'd also like to have the proper flashing tools fully working. Many tools have been found but nobody can get them working. I want them working because they will allow us to recover from bad flashes.

Guest Simon O

its a exe called download-tool it works on windows and there is a program for linux too

xfstk.zip

xFSTK-1.0.4a.zip

Linux? Interesting. I have xFSTK-1.1.0a but not the older one and I don't have the Linux version. Tried to find them :(

Guest kabirsaini2011

Removing the signed status of the bootloader through an unlock would be a good solution. It would allow us to flash our own images and may even allow us to 'port' ROMs from the RAZR i.

I'd like this to happen but I'd also like to have the proper flashing tools fully working. Many tools have been found but nobody can get them working. I want them working because they will allow us to recover from bad flashes.

YUP, this is what i want ... we don't have to be dependent on Orange/xolo for updates. We can build CMs for our phone

Guest hecatae

xfstk.zip

xFSTK-1.0.4a.zip

http://www.scribd.com/doc/77089382/Medfield-BSP-SOP-Tom-v1-0

honeycomb.3.2.zip

2011-09-23.2-external-android-honeycomb-medfield.tar

kit_DV1_ww38.zip

firmwares

keys

lfstk

xfstk

interesting also has a asus email on it