Need help with updating G300 to b893

Guest Ocaderan

Guest Ocaderan

OK, so i'm trying to update my G300 to B893 and then ICS, but whenever i go to download B893, it will download it for about 30mins, and then it pops up with an error (I suppose) that more or less said that the network wasn't available (WiFi) and it gave me the option to retry or cancel, however after retrying it comes up with the same message about half an hour later.

Going to try again, but does anyone have a solution or the update file? (U8815_Vodafone_B893, 32.69MB)

Baseband is B886, network is Vodafone IE.

Edited by Ocaderan

Guest Ocaderan

No one?

I mean, 70 views and not one response? Don't think i'll be coming back here again

((ignore please, was frustrated for other reasons))

Edited by Ocaderan

Guest pepdavies

I'm one of the viewers and I don't know the answer. Do you want me to just make something up? I'm sure someone will help if they can. Be patient.

Guest Ocaderan

i know this may sound dumb,but have you tried following this thread

i had problems originally when i tried to update but I followed this thread to the letter and it worked for me.

I don't want to root, just using OTA updates. Can i update directly from b886 or do i have to go from b893 to b926? Because as stated, i'm having trouble getting b893.

Edited by Ocaderan

Guest 0066ad

I don't want to root, just using OTA updates. Can i update directly from b886 or do i have to go from b893 to b926? Because as stated, i'm having trouble getting b893.

I upgraded from b888, all you do is download what ever ics you want b927, b927 ,b936 etc,

put it on in a folder called dload on the root of you sd card, then go to settings-storage-software upgrade

Do a back up of your imei first just in case

Edited by 0066ad

Guest Ocaderan

I upgraded from b888, all you do is download what ever ics you want b927, b927 ,b936 etc,

put it on in a folder called dload on the root of you sd card, then go to settings-storage-software upgrade

Do a back up of your imei first just in case

Ah, thanks. Do they come with vodafone stuff or are they stock?

Edited by Ocaderan