Would orange know if.....

Guest gaz1969

Guest gaz1969

My power button has defected,and the plastic around the edge is knackered,just wondered if i sent it back to orange uk because of the power button fault for replacement would they care if its got xolo ics on it?

If so can i put it back to orange any way?

Thanks Gaz

Guest gaz1969

Thanks for reply,not sure what that tool is or how to use it but i might just send it anyway,when the get it i will have my crispy new one so not a bad move..It sonly software and made for the phone albeit out for the orange one.

Gaz

Guest Konstipated Kiwi

The AIO tool referred to is Ricky Wyatt's All In One tool and can be found in the Development sub-thread. It is fairly straightforward to use. The critical thing is to ensure you have the Intel drivers for the San Diego installed on your computer before running it. There is a manual provided in the original post, which I strongly advise you read. Basically it's a case of installing the tool on your computer, running one of the files which gives you the options of various components to download (Xolo or Orange ICS, Original Gingerbread dump, themes, tweak files etc.), then running the tool itself. After a bit of setting up, this will then present you with a menu that allows you to root, apply themes, switch ROMs by simply selecting from the menu and following any on-screen prompts. One of the options is to install Orange, Xolo, or Intel logos at boot up.

Guest Pondlife

Yeh but they would of already sent me a new one..so they couldnt ask for it back after ive installed all my stuf could they?

Gaz

They send the new one out first? Not heard of network doing that before, that's rather cool

when my power button went i to was on xolo ics i just wiped my data put a password lock on and changed the logo from xolo to orange and guess what........ not heard a peep since that was in september. got my replacement when they came to collect my old one the guy never even looked at the phone

Edited by brit07

Guest BlueMoonRising

When I had to replace my first one(way too hot), the delivery guy(that's all he is) came on a Sunday with my new one and just accepted the old one. It wasn't rooted at the time anyway but they're not going to stand there and check it out.