[ICS][4.0.3]Lightning ROM For The Huawei Ascend G300 ★ADDONS AVAILABLE★ ✮CM-TOGGLES✮ ✰UPDATED 17/03/2013✰ DISCONTINUED

Guest kyan31

Guest wlad0

Very good job. ROM is fast, smooth & stable but I have one problem. When I lock my device, wait few minutes and then press power button for unlock, I have 2s delay until lock screen is shown. Is there any fix for that? Thanks

Guest kyan31

Very good job. ROM is fast, smooth & stable but I have one problem. When I lock my device, wait few minutes and then press power button for unlock, I have 2s delay until lock screen is shown. Is there any fix for that? Thanks

It's normal, it's because the phone has gone into deep sleep. It is possible to disable deep sleep, but your battery will be terrible if you do so.

Guest wlad0

It's normal, it's because the phone has gone into deep sleep. It is possible to disable deep sleep, but your battery will be terrible if you do so.

Thanks for your reply. I thought that the delay caused by pm.sleep_mode=1 in build.prop :)

Even I was wondering if it is possible to set the default storage location to SD card, and that it was remembered after restart. With that I had a problem in the stock ROM but in B952 Slim ROM is this problem fixed but I don't know how :( In this ROM is few files in /etc/:

• external_sd.fstab
  • internal_sd.fstab

In external_sd.fstab is mounting filesystem right (I mean):

#external_sd has mountpoint to /mnt/sdcard

dev_mount external_sd /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.1/mmc_host

#internal_sd has mountpoint to /mnt/sdcard2

dev_mount internal_sd /mnt/sdcard2 19 /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.3/mmc_host

but in internal_sd.fstab is the oposite:

#external_sd mountpoint is /mnt/sdcard2

dev_mount external_sd /mnt/sdcard2 auto /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.1/mmc_host

#internal_sd mountpoint is /mnt/sdcard

dev_mount internal_sd /mnt/sdcard 19 /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.3/mmc_host

Sorry for my english. I'am bad student :(

PS: I changed a few things for myself in this ROM:

• revert ic_lockscreen_handle_normal.png in framework_res.apk to original (without blue cross)
    • change default launcher to trebuchet
    • add apollo player
    • modify build.prop (I don't know why my device must be identified as HTC)
Edited by wlad0

Guest timoti111

I compiled a new apk for Electra, rather than having numerous settings options, they can now be added to this:

post-969101-0-04296300-1364065952_thumb.

Will be in Electra fixed gameplay? Because on cm10 gaming was terrible.

Guest Shtefan_the

First I'd like to say awesome job kyan31. I was really shocked to see you're only 14yo (if that's true :P). I've search if anyone said anything about a button to close all recent apps and I didn't find any suggestion about that, sooo I was wondering, could you implement such a button?:D Thanks!

Guest kyan31

Thanks for your reply. I thought that the delay caused by pm.sleep_mode=1 in build.prop :)

Even I was wondering if it is possible to set the default storage location to SD card, and that it was remembered after restart. With that I had a problem in the stock ROM but in B952 Slim ROM is this problem fixed but I don't know how :( In this ROM is few files in /etc/:

• external_sd.fstab
  • internal_sd.fstab

In external_sd.fstab is mounting filesystem right (I mean):

#external_sd has mountpoint to /mnt/sdcard

dev_mount external_sd /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.1/mmc_host

#internal_sd has mountpoint to /mnt/sdcard2

dev_mount internal_sd /mnt/sdcard2 19 /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.3/mmc_host

but in internal_sd.fstab is the oposite:

#external_sd mountpoint is /mnt/sdcard2

dev_mount external_sd /mnt/sdcard2 auto /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.1/mmc_host

#internal_sd mountpoint is /mnt/sdcard

dev_mount internal_sd /mnt/sdcard 19 /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.3/mmc_host

Sorry for my english. I'am bad student :(

PS: I changed a few things for myself in this ROM:

• revert ic_lockscreen_handle_normal.png in framework_res.apk to original (without blue cross)
    • change default launcher to trebuchet
    • add apollo player
    • modify build.prop (I don't know why my device must be identified as HTC)

I can't really fix the storage permanently as it is a stock ROM. I have already made a workaround, but it will only work for some, I can't do much about it.

P.s the default launcher was already trebuchet and Apollo was already there :blink:

The phone has been changed to the HTC DESIRE as it 'should' allow more apps to be visible on the play store.

Guest kyan31
First I'd like to say awesome job kyan31. I was really shocked to see you're only 14yo (if that's true :P). I've search if anyone said anything about a button to close all recent apps and I didn't find any suggestion about that, sooo I was wondering, could you implement such a button?:D Thanks!

I haven't actually looked into adding a close all button, but it would be difficult as it modifies many files such as the framework, and smali. If I stumble upon a method somewhere, I'll definitely add it :)

P.s I am 14 ;)

Guest kyan31

Will be in Electra fixed gameplay? Because on cm10 gaming was terrible.

It could certainly 'improve' gameplay, but it will never be as good as GB. I can say myself that CM on the G300 has terrible gaming capabilities so I doubt it can be fixed, though anything is possible...

Guest tillaz

it 'should' allow more apps to be visible on the play store.

if you change these props in the build.prop it will 100% show and play all games compatible with the adreno200, its mainly the gameloft game's that this fixes.

as it identifies the G300 as having the adreno GPU, witch results in the older gameloft games downloading the correct SD data, and making them visible in the market

ro.product.model=Desire HD

ro.product.name=htc_ace

ro.product.device=ace

ro.product.board=spade

ro.product.manufacturer=HTC

ro.build.description=soju-user 4.0.4 IMM76D 299849 release-keys

ro.build.fingerprint=google/soju/crespo:4.0.4/IMM76D/299849:user/release-keys

Guest timoti111

It could certainly 'improve' gameplay, but it will never be as good as GB. I can say myself that CM on the G300 has terrible gaming capabilities so I doubt it can be fixed, though anything is possible...

I hope it will be fixed because i want at least android 4.1.2 . Much times i went to CM10 but than i went back to 4.0.3 because i cant play any 2d games smoothly. On my old ZTE Skate i was on 4.2.2 and all was working except flash but i didn´t need that. It has same GPU as G300 and games was working good but i sold it because of armv6 processor. Then bought G300 and i like it but im disappointed that i can´t be on at least cm10.

Guest kyan31

Some more Electra news:

Ok, I finally figured out how to hide apps from the app drawer permanently. It turns out I was compiling the non-system apk's as system apk's. Well, it seems to be sorted now. I also added more options in the Electra settings apk, file manager and downloads, just to make the user experience a little better.

post-969101-0-57464900-1364152052_thumb.

post-969101-0-85485600-1364152054_thumb.

post-969101-0-42016200-1364152056_thumb.

Guest PCTechRoss

Some more Electra news:

Ok, I finally figured out how to hide apps from the app drawer permanently. It turns out I was compiling the non-system apk's as system apk's. Well, it seems to be sorted now. I also added more options in the Electra settings apk, file manager and downloads, just to make the user experience a little better.

Damn that's a clean App drawer

Edited by PCTechRoss

Guest kyan31

You say that your new rom electra be good for gaming?

Read please:

I said that this ROM may improve gaming, but it will never improve it enough to be close to GB/ICS.

Guest rupisekhon

Thanks Kyan for this awesome rom. I switched from Infusion to Lightning beacause of force close of dial pad in infusion. No problem at all now.

Your rom is great in every aspect, I like everything in your rom; from basic menu transition to gaming performance. :)

Gaming performance wise what I felt is, "OC 1.19Ghz Infusion = without OC Lightning". Temple run 2 work like a charm without any OC.

Thanks a lot again for this wonderful rom. You rocks !!

Guest kyan31
Thanks Kyan for this awesome rom. I switched from Infusion to Lightning beacause of force close of dial pad in infusion. No problem at all now.

Your rom is great in every aspect, I like everything in your rom; from basic menu transition to gaming performance. :)

Gaming performance wise what I felt is, "OC 1.19Ghz Infusion = without OC Lightning". Temple run 2 work like a charm without any OC.

Thanks a lot again for this wonderful rom. You rocks !!

Thanks a lot, I appreciate it :)

Guest VoltresS

Hi again Kyan.

Just flashed 5.5 wiping everything in my girlfriends g300 and toogles doesn't appear in the bar. I have the options and everything but in the bar nothing shows up.

Ideias? I think that previously there was a zip for this problem right? :P

Greetings

P.S: I thing the go back to storage problem got worse. My girlfriend phones doesn't had that problem and now with the 5.5 it as It is alright, my bad here, after the fix permissions go back to the internal but after put it again in SD it hasn't gone back to internal again ;)

Edited by VoltresS

Guest kyan31
Hi again Kyan.

Just flashed 5.5 wiping everything in my girlfriends g300 and toogles doesn't appear in the bar. I have the options and everything but in the bar nothing shows up.

Ideias? I think that previously there was a zip for this problem right? :P

Greetings

P.S: I thing the go back to storage problem got worse. My girlfriend phones doesn't had that problem and now with the 5.5 it as It is alright, my bad here, after the fix permissions go back to the internal but after put it again in SD it hasn't gone back to internal again ;)

I have no idea what could be wrong with the toggles, they should just show. There is no zip for it, I only had one for the old toggles. Maybe you could try flashing 5.5 again.