ZTE 2 Year Warranty Repair

Guest huaweithelads

Guest huaweithelads

I just received my Orange San Francisco back from being repaired free under ZTEs 2 year warranty.

It had the flickering blue tint on its OLED screen.

I phoned ZTE on 2/1/2013, having bought the phone on 6/1/2011.

I know a lot of these phones will be more than 2 years old, but this may be of help to those who purchased later.

The hardest part was finding the ZTE phone number, it is:

08007 830094

• 2 weeks later...

I just received my Orange San Francisco back from being repaired free under ZTEs 2 year warranty.

It had the flickering blue tint on its OLED screen.

I phoned ZTE on 2/1/2013, having bought the phone on 6/1/2011.

I know a lot of these phones will be more than 2 years old, but this may be of help to those who purchased later.

The hardest part was finding the ZTE phone number, it is:

08007 830094

That's a great spot. Thank you OP!

My second one hasn't worked since last June. (Orange wouldn;t even look at it for less than it cost!) Kudos to ZTE if this is true.

• 4 weeks later...

what is the procedure? sending it to china?

edit: oh, uk

The procedure was very simple: the firm acting for ZTE is called SBE (somewhere in Kent), give them a ring quoting IMEI number. They send you a jiffy bag for return by post.

The bad news?

I forgot to reset the phone to factory conditions (remove rom, root etc) so in their terms it was a breach of warranty. So no repair after all. :(

...but still useful for those of you that need a repair after the year is up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest KenBW2

The procedure was very simple: the firm acting for ZTE is called SBE (somewhere in Kent), give them a ring quoting IMEI number. They send you a jiffy bag for return by post.

The bad news?

I forgot to reset the phone to factory conditions (remove rom, root etc) so in their terms it was a breach of warranty. So no repair after all. :(

...but still useful for those of you that need a repair after the year is up.

Interesting that they would be so strict with this. I returned a duff one to Orange without having reset it and all was well.

I wonder how easily they can tell if it's previously been re-rommed/bootloader unlocked